PDA

View Full Version : changin clutch levers w/ parking break

86250rbanshee
11-30-2006, 09:45 AM
I wasnt real sure how to title that sorry, I want to take off all the garbage off my clutch side of my shee, has a parking break cable and clutch cable looks like, my p brake doesnt work anyway, but althought it would be nice to have one.

Does it take a p brake block or anything?

TWILES
11-30-2006, 10:44 AM
You'll have to get the block plate for the caliper. I liked my stock clutch lever and perch so I did some cutting. You can take a hacksaw and cut right along the place where the P-brake part attaches to the main part of the perch and right there around the bolt hole and it looks pretty good and you get to keep the longer pull of the stock clutch lever and perch without the extra. Sand the rough part down and with a shot of Krylon Fusion your ready.

bansheexcracer2
11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
you dont have to get a block off plate. Junk the cable, lever and perch and get a new one. you can just leave all the junk on the caliper if you want. I left the stuff on the caliper and got a msr lever and perch.

firefighterjosh
12-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I just went to my dealer and bought a quick adjust clutch lever assembly. I think it was $40. Trash the cable and e brake and install a Block off plate

86250rbanshee
01-03-2007, 05:58 AM
You are able to reuse the stock clutch cable correct I should be getting my ASV lever in by the weekend.

I'll throw a block off plate on just so I can get rid of some of the crap on the back end.

djguestone
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 86250rbanshee
You are able to reuse the stock clutch cable correct I should be getting my ASV lever in by the weekend.

I'll throw a block off plate on just so I can get rid of some of the crap on the back end.

Yes, stock clutch cable will work with any lever. Which ASV are you getting. I didn't like my ASV because it rubs when I pull.. Looks close at my cable.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/DjGuestOne/Quad%20Pix/Banshee74.jpg

Dinner
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM
You don't need to get a block off plate. I just left the stuff on the caliper, and ground down the E-Brake part on the clutch lever. I could cut off the piece that sticks out in front of the cable, so I'll probably do that when I think of it.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/Yama_Shee/87%20Banshee/B161.jpg

TWILES
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
I went down a little further and got that plate off mine.