PDA

View Full Version : houser yz?

JessetheKid
11-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I am looking at getting a houser yz, I am wondering if there is anything i should look out for? Has anyone here had a porblem with houser's stuff.

Ripitupfilms
11-30-2006, 12:04 PM
i have one forsale.. with swinger, frame ,sub frame.

JessetheKid
11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
atvracer9m sent pm

anyone, i had a set of thier lt arms on my 250r and they were great, how about their frame i know there are a lot of guys running houser frame on yz's and crf's. What do you think?

stocktires
12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I've never heard anything bad about their frames. I had one of their swingarms on my R and it was SOLID. So solid though that is was EXTREMELY heavy. My JRD stuff is much lighter, yet still extremely solid.
The only thing I've heard though is that it's a pain in the butt to get all the right parts for a Houser frame. Houser used half 250r parts and half 400ex parts, etc which makes it really aggrivating when building one.

xrxmxcx
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
houser makes great products but there is room for improvement..

the frames are great, but have fun finding the right bearings for things and getting it together without frustration....

houser front ends are good, but not the best, i ran the house long travel front end and it was blown away by the gibson i am running now, night and day difference

FHKracingZ
12-04-2006, 06:53 AM
i hate to break it to you but 99% of the ameture riders cant tell the diff between front ends, as long as there on the same ball park. im friends with a pro and he runs walsh and he tried some prototype atv four play a-arms and couldnt tell the diff barely. so for you to be able to make a night and day difference is hard to belive

JessetheKid
12-04-2006, 07:04 AM
thanks, guys, well the bike actually has a jrd lt arms on it but the rest is houser. A friend of mine has it and is looking to sell for what seems like a good price.