PDA

View Full Version : St. Anthony question

Crowdog
09-15-2002, 08:15 AM
What is the season at St. Anthony (April too cold)? Does the BLM campground close during the Winter?

Jon

QuadJunkies
09-15-2002, 01:10 PM
April is going to be pretty cold up there Im afraid,there weather up there is more on the mild side. We went once in June and again in Aug. In June is was raining and 50 mph wind gusts.And when we went in Aug. it was 75-80 with just a small breeze.As for BLM ...Im not sure on that one, but I do know that they are going to be under construction starting in Oct. to expand at Egin Lake.Sorry I dont know about this one, you might sens Twisted Threads a PM he may know,hes been there a few times.Or send a PM to WyoDuner a Pm,he goes there a lot. If you can swing it, we are going in May or in June possibly for a few days, let us know and we can meet ya up there!:)

WyoDuner
09-16-2002, 04:57 PM
April is pushing it... MAYBE late April. I was there early May this year and it was OK but you still had to wear a light coat and it was below freezing every night. If you have to go in April think about Little Sahara, Utah - it should be warmer there.

The thing is that this part of the country is very unpredictable during the spring and fall so you never really know what to expect.

I don't know about the BLM campground but why not go to the BLM site for Idaho and find the contact number for the regional field office.

Crowdog
09-16-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

I go to Sand Mountain, NV year round so cold weather is not an issue (as long as we aren't talking 25 degrees for the high). Snow on the ground would be a bit of a bummer though.

Jon

out4sand
09-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Like Wyoduner said you never know about the weather in that part of Idaho in early spring. I was in that area this year in April and it was wonderful. I really wish the work schedule would have permitted me to bring along the quad. If you are interested in a place to say the BLM area will be closed this winter into next spring as they are building a huge new "true" campground and will only have a small area for day use parking. You might give Desert Oasis a buzz to see what they will have available that time of year for camping. They have everything from full hook-up sites to simple tent sites. They really aren't that far from Egin Lake and the people are very nice. 208-624-3275

WyoDuner
09-19-2002, 07:12 AM
Of course if all the campgrounds are closed you can always stay in Rexburg and get a motel. It's only about 20 minutes or less from the dunes. Shower and warmth to come back to after a good day of riding.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 10:35 AM
WyoDuner is right.. We always stay at the Best Western when we go and they have decent rooms..Its so nice to go back to the room and soak in the hot tub!!! AAAAHHH:):)