PDA

View Full Version : Why are all the HyBrid for sale?

TampaBoy813
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Man I was just looking in the sale fourm and theres 4 hybrid for sale/trade...
why is this so?...

gtilley45
11-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm thinking of selling mine too. I don't know about the others, but I miss my YFZ and want to build another one.

TampaBoy813
11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
I Sold both of mine...wasnt happy with eather one....

hontrx265r
11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I think its just something you either like or dont. Most people probably want production bikes for contingency, ease of finding parts, and for the new technology. No one is putting anything extra in to r based bikes or one off's However, some of us love them, like me. I parted most of my bike out over the summer and decided to build it up again. I know I wouldn't be happy with a production bike, and if you know what your doing and have a nac for custom stuff, you can set up a hybrid to run flawless, but it just takes a certain nitch.

gtilley45
11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
A nitch that I don't have. :D

Don't get me wrong, my hybrid handles better than my YFZ did and I still believe hybrids are far superior to production bikes as far as motocross goes. But, for some reason I miss my YFZ and want to build another one.

vet_ltz
11-29-2006, 06:40 PM
I bought my hybrid used about 6 months or so ago. I also own a z400 that is pretty decked out. To be perfectly honest with you, I will not own another production quad. I have always liked the way a 250r feels while ridding,with a 4stroke in the 250r ,I have a quad that just fits me right and has plenty of power to do what I do, ( play mx ridding)

I guess it is just personal preference.

figair
11-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by vet_ltz
I bought my hybrid used about 6 months or so ago. I also own a z400 that is pretty decked out. To be perfectly honest with you, I will not own another production quad. I have always liked the way a 250r feels while ridding,with a 4stroke in the 250r ,I have a quad that just fits me right and has plenty of power to do what I do, ( play mx ridding)

I guess it is just personal preference.
I agree,I have ridden the 450r and yfz,but nothin beats my hybrids..
I also would like to take a poll on this,If there was no production bike rule,I wonder what the pros would be ridden..:confused: :confused:
But again,if you have the correct set up,you really cant go wrong w/the hybrid..But to each is his own..

figair
11-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh ya,I think there selling it (mainly)I see alot of people getting out of the sport..Then theres the ones that need the production for racing..I dont race I just like to race w/my budds on the track and have some fun..So I dont need the production bike,also my parts are half of what the production bikes cost..
Hers a ?for ya also,Why are there so many 450r's and yfz for sale? I see alot of them for sale,way more than hybrids.I also know they are not selling that fast either.Just my opinion(not starting nothing)just wanted to mention it....
Tampa your the first guy I know that doesnt like hybrids,oh well each is his own...

matt250r21
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Only reason I'm selling mine is because I don't like the 4 stroke style of power. Everything else is sweet. Very similar to my full Laeger's 250Rs. I've ridden all the new factory 450s and I don't think they hold a candle to the Hybrids on the MX track. I also think one hard season on a factory bike and it is done, where the aftermarket bikes keep on going.

loboboy
11-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Matt you make a very good point. Most of the pros get new bikes every year and they also have like 3 bikes to begin with. Once they are done with them if you look at some of the frames they are just beat to crap. Now you can look at some of the old laeger and Lonestar Hybrids out there and they were built back into 2000 or so and they still look new.

Another thing why everyone is getting away from the hybrids is the factory's. if everyone kept running hybrids then the factory's may not be contributing to the ATV racing sector as much as they are now. That means no new R&D for the next years stuff, so going to the Stock chassis was a good call on the racing side of things.

Now the down side for some is they ahve all this money rapped up into a bike and it isn't worth much now. Take a Lonestar CRF for example. What used to take 15,000+ to buld you can now buy all day long complete for around 6500.00. That's bad for sellers.

But on the other hand for those who don't race the nationals and don't care about the rules are reaping the benefits becasue a bike that we would usually never be able to afford we can now get any day of the week for an affordable price.

We all know that Honestly there are not better handling bikes out there (except for the Zuk) other than a good Hybrid or aftermarket framed bike. The only side to this is I ahve ridden the Yami's and the TRX's but that Zuk is one Bad MOFO. I have never been able to get on a totally stock bike and run lap after lap without need to change one aspect of the bikes handling characteristics. The Zuk is the stock bike to have hands down. IMO.

ss440ex
11-29-2006, 08:24 PM
I`ve just bought a 2005 450r...Having came a hybrid,I`am wishing I would of waited and found another!!!

MUCH better performance,both engine and handling!!

Long live the Hybrids!!:D

jrspawn
11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
I think alot of people just jump on the production wagon, and end up spending more money and not being as comfortable. I own and have owned literally Every type of production quad in its fullest race setup possible, and nothing, nothing comes close to how a Walsh hybrid handles(That is correctly setup!!!). Not all hybrids/chasis are compairable though. I dont like to downtalk any company, but there are a handfull that made/make hybrid chasis that i would take a yfz over anyday also. ITs all in what people like though. And chasis setup is VERY critical on any quad, alot of people will not have the quad set to its potential, and therefore think the quad is junk or not up to par. Minor adjustments make HUGE diff.'s I will Always have Hybrids for myself for a couple reasons, one its what i do for a living really, and two you cant beat them! Someone hit it on the head when they said look at a hybrid made in 2000(or even older at that) and look at a production quad 7 years from now? Chasis still good on the production quad????????????????? Unfortunetly where racing is going with production rules, most riders will e forced to move to production if they are going for it, myself included. I will be racing production classes this coming season, but will still have a hybrid to run in open class. But now days sponsors want they're riders to have the lastest and greatest product.

Its all a big money marketing scam if you ask me(production quads), but its where the sport has gone..........

Justin

figair
11-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Well put Justin........Money very well spent:D

Glamis400ex
11-29-2006, 09:13 PM
well, I don't know why everyone's selling but I'll tell you why I bought one. First...it's all Figair's fault.:eek: He lives close to me, we hooked up and I fell in love with his quads. I rode his YZ and could not believe the power...unreal. I was hooked.

Another reason is I had built my 400ex to the edge of reliability. I had made it as fast and powerful as I could without it grenading on me. It still wasn't enough. The air-cooled factor was weighing heavily on me as well as the 2 head gaskets I did in 2 years. The 400ex DESPERATELY wants to be water-cooled. Modded motors need constant work and my 426 was becoming THAT way. My 426 with P/P, cam, race gas etc made appx. 34 HP. Not bad. My STOCK crf450 motor makes close to 48hp. I'll put a little higher comp piston and MAYBE a stage 2 cam and that's all the 450's getting. Plenty strong to haul my big *** around.

just my 2 cents.

Glamis

figair
11-29-2006, 09:18 PM
My fault(What you talkin about Willis)lol...Another hybrid satisfied customer.....:blah:

Glamis400ex
11-29-2006, 09:34 PM
:eek: We need to hook up and figure out what we're (you're) gonna do to my hood. Maybe the weekend of the 9th/10th? I lost my cell phone so I don't have your number any more.

PM me

Alin

markvette
11-30-2006, 02:27 PM
cant a hybrid run in the 4 stroke class, 265 class and 16 to 24 class. oh and the open class

Mark

jrspawn
11-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah they can, BUT, how long will those classes be there? And when the rules change..........? Right now mainstream ATV racing is all about production, and its unfotunet that its that way. Its in the hands of the promoters and organizations where hybrid racing go's, maybe we'll still have several classes to compete in, or it could go to one open style class, which i hope doesnt happen.

Justin

loboboy
12-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Very good points. With the start of the WPSA and all the production classes, it won't be long and all of the hybrids and open classes will be dissolved. I don't think this is a bad thing since the factory's are getting involved but I hate to see these great machines go away.

I would ventrue to bet that if you put a pro on an aftermarket chassis 4 stroke that their lap times would be quicker. maybe not by much but they would be faster IMO. Oh well nothing we can do about it.

I will always keep my Outlaw Banshee and maybe someday a new Zuk in the garage to join the family.

vet_ltz
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
I would ventrue to bet that if you put a pro on an aftermarket chassis 4 stroke that their lap times would be quicker. maybe not by much but they would be faster IMO. Oh well nothing we can do about it.

I think the same thing.

With factory support and big money comming into this sport, It wouldnt look very good for the factories, if a after market quad would dominate a class, were factory backed teams were involved.
however it sure is fun to play around on one at a local level:D