PDA

View Full Version : Pappy, you ever PC a set of Roll Designs?

NacsMXer
11-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey Pappy,

I just bought a set of Roll Design Lobo II's and I would like to send them to you to get PCed. You ever do a set of these before?

The lower arms have those spherical bearing dealies that are built into the end of the arms. The cup that the bearing rides in, appears to be pressed into the arm. Do you know how these come out for PCing?

The bearings themselves are in good working order, so if they come out for PCing can they be reinstalled afterwards?

Also, do you know how the bushing liners come out? Each bushing has 2 half-sleeves in it (Garlock bushings they call them) that the main bolt sleeve rides inside.

I'm used to conventional arms with standard bushings and ball joints so i'm pretty clueless.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it :)

Pappy
11-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I could lie and say yes, i know it all:p

we have done so many sets of arms i am sure more then one set has come through here that were roll.

i let my brother handle all that junk, he is the mechanik:p but i am confident he can handle them, or he will make a call and find out what he has to do to disassemble/reassemble them. sounds like the same design as walsh units

NacsMXer
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Ok so I could just send them to you as is then and have you guys strip them down for an extra fee?

I just emailed Roll Design about it and they told me the lower arm bearings are pressed in, so it is like the Walsh arms. I guess the bearings come out from top of the arms and are held in place by these spiral clips top and bottom.

I'm wondering if you can get them out with the old hammer and socket method but i'm waiting to hear back from Roll Design about that. Not sure if a hydraulic press will be required but I doubt it.

Until I figure out the remaining questions on how to strip down these arms, can you quote me a price on it please?

1.) Uppers and lowers in shimmering translucent blue with you guys disassembling/reassembling.

2.) Same as above, but I strip them down if I can figure it out.

Thanks again Pappy :)

Pappy
11-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I have a press if needed, we use it on the walsh and similar ball joints/king pins etc

I know we usually use the newer style circlips instead of the ones walsh and others use because they are easier to install and remove, if they were not able to be used a set would need to be obtained from Roll before we could reassemble.

labor for disassembly/reassembly would be around $30

pc cost for those colors:

$55 for the set

NacsMXer
11-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the info. I may be replacing all the bushings while i'm at it so i'll have to order them and include them when I ship them off to ya. I will be in touch with you when I am ready to pull the trigger :devil:

One last thing, what payment methods do you accept?

Thanks again, you've been a big help ;)

Pappy
11-29-2006, 06:16 PM
money order, checks, cash, paypal(add 2%) credit card

we no longer accept goats and chickens...lol:D

NacsMXer
11-29-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL that's too bad because I got this killer chicken here that I was hoping would cover the labor..:blah:

Thanks Papster..