PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Richards

TGW_400ex
11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Wow
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uskxP8k3Nkk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uskxP8k3Nkk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDXaXffoQyc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDXaXffoQyc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CRich[814]
11-29-2006, 10:55 AM
that was pretty ****ed up.

Quad18star
11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
It's the first time I ever see the video . I've heard people talk about what happened , but seeing the video brings a whole new perspective to the issue .

I think he went overboard . He's in the business where people will give you a hard time , gotta deal with it . If he was having such a hard time doing his show with this guy interupting him , then he could have had security remove the guy from the building . Just my opinion .

fandl450r
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It's the first time I ever see the video . I've heard people talk about what happened , but seeing the video brings a whole new perspective to the issue .

I think he went overboard . He's in the business where people will give you a hard time , gotta deal with it . If he was having such a hard time doing his show with this guy interupting him , then he could have had security remove the guy from the building . Just my opinion .

I agree he flipped his lid. There is a fine line when telling jokes, and he most definitely crossed it. Now the guy may have been rude, and may deserved to be treated like he did, it is still unacceptable to say these kinds of things.

derekhonda
11-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah I didn't know it was that bad either, but it still doesnt show the first part of the show. Now, I wasn't there, but its been going around that they were harassing and heckling him all throughout the show, of course they don't post those outbursts though.....

fandl450r
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Yeah I didn't know it was that bad either, but it still doesnt show the first part of the show. Now, I wasn't there, but its been going around that they were harassing and heckling him all throughout the show, of course they don't post those outbursts though.....

Oh I know! It's ridiculous, but who woulda thought that african americans could be just as racist as white people. :rolleyes: Media is so biased nowadays, makes me sick.

Honda400exrox
11-29-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't think its that bad...they probably deserved it, nobody just flies off the handle like that

sandmanblue
11-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"? Childish saying? Yes. It still applies.

If the guys that Richards was targeting with those words simply stood up and said - "That doesn't bother me. Call me anything you want, it will never bother me at all..." It would not only show Richards that he was a jerk, it would put those guys on a whole different and higher level.

But no. They had to stoop to Richards level and get offended. Now every Jesse Jackson wannabe has to hit the tv with their desires to further their one sided, politically correct, can't say jack about anyone, rules.

Why didn't the news report them calling Richards a cracker? Seems like a double standard here. But, that's to be expected. The gutless media would never report that white people get called names too. Maybe white people just don't care. I know I don't.

Frankly, you can call me a cracker kraut fat arse all day long and I wouldn't care one bit. Too bad others have to act all offended and play up the race game instead of just brushing it off as the rantings of a washed up comedian...

Richards career is over.

AtvMxRider
11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
I don't think its that bad...they probably deserved it, nobody just flies off the handle like that

I thought it was hillarious.:devil:

sly400ex
11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
About time a white person stands up I think!:grr:

Mxjunkie
11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I dont blame him at all, I dont see how the black dude can call him a cracka yet the fire is on Michael..

He may of flipped out but you cant fight fire with fire and not punish both sides!

Doober
11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
"thats what happens when you interrupt a white man, dont you know?"

Hahahaha i really dont blame him for going off, there had to be something before when he just started going off that we dont see.

Quad18star
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Doober
Hahahaha i really dont blame him for going off, there had to be something before when he just started going off that we dont see.

What isn't shown , is the guys heckling him and talking .

If you've ever been to a stand up comedy show , it's common for the comedian to be heckled by a few people in the audiance . It's usually a tactic that's done to have the comedian bring better jokes . Also , a lot of times, the comedian will single someone out in the crowd during a show and pick on that person about different aspects ( career, hair style , clothing, etc) . I think it's crossing the line when you bring someones race into it .

Hondadudeehhhh
11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
i dont care who you are, what color you are, you dont go off like that. You are a public figure and you cant do that kind of crap. Hey a little racist joke would have been fine, white people make jokes about their black audiance often but ive never seen anyone scream that at a comedy show. I know you say a black man would have gotten away with that but that word is still unacceptable today. You dont scream shut up ****** to prove a point when you are suppose to be entertaining people, just not cool. That was the first time i saw the video and i thought that NAACP was blowing it way out of perportion but i guess not.

NorCalRacer
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm sure they deserved it. If you want to be bad mannered towards someone in public, don't cry when they hurt your feelings retaliating. I would like to see the whole video. Sad part is the guy will probably try and sue him now:rolleyes:

jrspawn
11-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i dont care who you are, what color you are, you dont go off like that. You are a public figure and you cant do that kind of crap. Hey a little racist joke would have been fine, white people make jokes about their black audiance often but ive never seen anyone scream that at a comedy show. I know you say a black man would have gotten away with that but that word is still unacceptable today. You dont scream shut up ****** to prove a point when you are suppose to be entertaining people, just not cool. That was the first time i saw the video and i thought that NAACP was blowing it way out of perportion but i guess not.

Well, i guess you have never gotten mad. He is a human being just like all of us. I know myself(Having a proven temper/anger problem) have blown up on numerous occasions on whoever was around in my younger years. Most started with alot of talk and ended up in someone getting hurt. Word are Words. Everyone can be offended with different words, and if that is the case we would all say nothing. The "N" word is just a word. I dont care how you look at it, GET OVER IT!!! Most of the Blacks that have been outspoken and trying to cash out on a man that had a bad night and lashed out on some idiots are worthless no good MFer's in my book. Like they have never had a bad day and said something they might regret. Please:grr: This whole "issue" is a joke, and i think everyone needs to get back to earth and on the smae level and realize words are words, grow up and get over it. If the "attacking" black group were any type of decent person, they would take i for it is, words, and be the bigger person and leave it. And a question why is it ok for a black person to call another black person a n****r, but not anyone else. Oh i forgot its an offensive word, THEN WHY THE HELL DO *THEY* STILL SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all just rediculus. I am no way any type of racist, we are all human, but being a worthless piece of crap, i dont care what race you are, your worthless to me and everyone else.

Justin

LTZ400rider
11-29-2006, 11:16 PM
50 years ago u would be upside down with a fork up ur ***. priceless

LTZ400rider
11-29-2006, 11:33 PM
i cant believe he apologized, what a sell out.

what does katrina have to do with all this anyway?

250R-Dee
11-30-2006, 01:10 AM
LTZ400rider - everybody is tough behind a keyboard:rolleyes:

I have met more black and asian racist than white racist. The biggest difference is most "minorities" do not think they can be labled a racist. Bwahahahahaha... ignorance is bliss.

Anyway, the remix.....
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTg5MTc1"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTg5MTc1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

250R-Dee
11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
If you do a little research on Michael Richards you will find out that he has had other racial rants during his acts.

Many comedians use "race" during their acts and they usually make you crap yourself laughing. I'm black and I laughed at the fork up your butt part. After I noticed the TONE of his composure was NASTY, his act was no longer funny to me. He could have changed the "N"-word to Wop, kike, guinny, spick, jew(which he has done during a rant), homo, lesbian or whatever and it still would not have been funny. Dealing with hecklers or loud audiences is just a part of being a comedian. Mr. Richards lost his cool and now he is paying for it. The same thing would have happened to Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Charlie Murphy, Carlos Mencia, Bernie Mac or any other comedian who lost control in such a grotesque manner.

The man, Michael Richards, made a mistake and now he is trying to mend the wound he has caused to his image. I think the ignorant person who was screaming "cracker" should also get on national TV and apologize for his unnecessary and inflammatory remarks. Right is right and wrong is wrong. There is no other way to see it.

Pappy
11-30-2006, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee

The man, Michael Richards, made a mistake and now he is trying to mend the wound he has caused to his image. I think the ignorant person who was screaming "cracker" should also get on national TV and apologize for his unnecessary and inflammatory remarks. Right is right and wrong is wrong. There is no other way to see it.

The comedy club is willing to pay $1,000,000.00 for each of the words Richards spoke. I also heard that a suit was filed on behalf of those offended for $10,000,000.00.

I'll be honest, its hard not to say the word anymore, if you watch any movie, any comedy on tv(cable) or hang out with any minority, you pick up on the lingo. But saying it in jest or in the means of a conversation with those using that terminology is different then having an outburst. Richards snapped, said what he said, and now he will pay the price.

I think the black folks actually were showing good restraint and did not "give it back" until the point where it was, IMO, time to give it back.

I will be attending a few comedy shows and cant wait to be called a cracker. I could use the money...lol

popo
11-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I thought it was hillarious.:devil:

Your not offended because your black. :devil:

lsittingbull
11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
If you do a little research on Michael Richards you will find out that he has had other racial rants during his acts.

Many comedians use "race" during their acts and they usually make you crap yourself laughing. I'm black and I laughed at the fork up your butt part. After I noticed the TONE of his composure was NASTY, his act was no longer funny to me. He could have changed the "N"-word to Wop, kike, guinny, spick, jew(which he has done during a rant), homo, lesbian or whatever and it still would not have been funny. Dealing with hecklers or loud audiences is just a part of being a comedian. Mr. Richards lost his cool and now he is paying for it. The same thing would have happened to Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Charlie Murphy, Carlos Mencia, Bernie Mac or any other comedian who lost control in such a grotesque manner.

I don`t think Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock or any other black comedian would have gotten into trouble. You are right the guy(s) that was calling Mr Richards a cracker should get on tv And apologize. But guess what... it aint going to happen. The black community Or i should say the NAACP Says the whites deserve it Because its the whites who held the blacks in slavery and we should talk to them any way we want. An don`t tell me it aint true. Im a Native Lumbee Indian from Pembroke NC and I see it from both sides. The balck community is to hypocritical to the N word.

TGW_400ex
11-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Even though it was the wrong thing to say it still was so funny to listen too. He just snaps and says the worst stuff.

MR.BIG
11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
I am so tired of all this racist crap. He was pissed and he just let loose but like everything else it has to be blown out of proportion.
Since we are on the race issue how come us white folk don't have white entertainment television or something else if we did the would be a racist frenzy.

11-30-2006, 05:22 PM
He deserved it..I hate how black think there better,call people racist but they can call whites what ever they want/If i knew the KKK id invite them over for supper so they had lots of energy to do there job that night.

AtvMxRider
11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by popo
Your not offended because your black. :devil: :devil:

Ralph
11-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by mitch091
He deserved it..I hate how black think there better,call people racist but they can call whites what ever they want/If i knew the KKK id invite them over for supper so they had lots of energy to do there job that night.

I hope you get banned soon. Theres a difference between getting annoyed about racial issues in america and killing innocent people.

11-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Dont get me wrong.. i have black friends. But alot of them around here i can not stand. think they are better then everyone.

Pappy
11-30-2006, 06:13 PM

as long as they get the right ones, and go after the white trash when they are done.

bad people do not come in one color.

JOEX
11-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Dont get me wrong.. i have black friends. But alot of them around here i can not stand. think they are better then everyone.
I know many white people who think they're better than others too:ermm:

elementryder
11-30-2006, 06:27 PM

i know the KKK

11-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
as long as they get the right ones, and go after the white trash when they are done.

Exactly.. white trash is probally worse.

I need to know how to spell.:o

11-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
i know the KKK

I know people inthe hells anggles and the bandidos.:ermm:

TCracin440ex
11-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

exactly, define the term niqqer...ive always told youve got your white ones and black ones...i was not offended by what he said at all infact i think it took more balls for him to say that then anything because most white people are afraid to say the word...in reference to a black person

Quad18star
11-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
exactly, define the term niqqer...ive always told youve got your white ones and black ones...i was not offended by what he said at all infact i think it took more balls for him to say that then anything because most white people are afraid to say the word...in reference to a black person

You're right , the word is used to described an arrogant , ignorant person , just like many other words out there that aren't used in the context that they are supposed to be used . A *** is a cigarette , we don't use the word in that manner . Gay means happy and delightful ... we don't use it in that context .

Media over the last decade has changed the meaning of words to a point where the word ni**er isn't used to described an arrogant and ignorant person , it's now used to single out a race .

Look at how the rant started off " 50 years ago we'd have had you upside-down with a ..... fork up your ..." Doesn't take an expert to figure out what he's refering to .

exboy
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
the one way racism pisses me off too like today people were hurying to get in the lunch line and a teacher said its only lunch room food or somethin like that and this girl said(after the teacher couldnt hear anymore) Shut yo white A** up. wtf is with that? but still we're automatically considered racist if we're white?

knighttime
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM

AtvMxRider, jerry, :eek2:

atvRiDa400ex
11-30-2006, 10:15 PM
oc course here where i live if i were to call any black man that it would be BAD and UNCALLED for...

BUT they are alowed to call me what ever they want and its OK...

sometimes it is just one sided

:ermm:

Dan_Guetter
12-01-2006, 12:29 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/seinfeld-recut.html

jrspawn
12-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/seinfeld-recut.html

Now thats pretty funny. I cant believe how smooth someone put that together.

Justin

LTZ400rider
12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
LTZ400rider - everybody is tough behind a keyboard:rolleyes:

how was i being tough?

but seriously why the hell is he bringing up katrina?

250R-Dee
12-01-2006, 07:50 AM
That recut on ebaumsworld was good:chinese:

EDIT:
Many of you are just blind to the racism issue. Travel outside of the "closed" borders of the US of A (North America too) and you will probably get a culture shock.

Many of my american friends were totally shocked when they saw "No Americans" or "No foreigners" signs posted outside of restaurant, bars, clubs, golf clubs, PUBLIC swimming pools and so forth. And most of the time a foreigner had never been in that establishment or ever caused a problem if they did visit. Most of the discrimination issues over here are caused by closed mind morons who are too ignorant to educate themselves.

Most racist issues are based off of blind ignorance. Ignorance does not have a color. DUMB is just DUMB.

MentalState
12-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Nigga plz............

how many times do you here that....Give me a break...

this issue is totally reDICKulas.....

250R-Dee
12-01-2006, 11:43 AM
mentalstate - I don't mind, go ahead and say it all you want because it doesn't bother me a bit. As a joke I call some close WHITE friends nigga and they call me honky:D.

Lifes a big joke! You can either learn how to laugh at the joke or walk around for the rest of your life looking like a 2 year old wearing a 2 day old lumpy pamper.

Some of you will not believe my little story but I'll tell it anyway.

When I was 11 years old I moved from a mixed neighborhood to a predominantly white neighborhood. Since I was a big time sports fanatic I had to change all of my teams because of the zoning system. Instead of playing on the predominantly black/hispanic football, baseball, basketball and soccer teams I became the token black guy on ALL of my new teams. Eventhough the coaches and teams accepted, many of the parents gave me hell!! I had known most of the guys on the team for years because we had been competing against each other in little league sports since we were 6 years old.

One man who made a big difference in my life is Mr. C. He was the father of one of the guys who also played linebacker on my new football team. Mr. C decided that I needed to learn my place in life when I won the starting middle linebacker position. His son Jeff had been playing in the MLB for the last 2 years. One day after practice he told me that a n****** would never be as good as a member of his family and that he would do whatever was necessary to get his son back into the top linebacker position. Jeff actually liked playing at the outside linebacker position because he had less responsibilites but Mr C thought he was being a pushover. All the coaches and some of the other fathers explained that I had won my position fair and square. Coach also explained that I was one of the opposing MLBs who had been terrorizing their offense for the last 3 years :devil:. Mr C said that didn't mean diddly squat to him because this team had never had a n**** on it and n***** weren't worth the rope that is used to string 'em up. To be honest, I wasn't shocked by the comments because I was living in that time warp called L.A. (Lower Alabama for you unedjumcated folks:D). I will not go into detail as to how he harassed me but Mr C drove me crazy for the entire 2 months of the football season and gave me the nickname "Chip". Our team won the local championship and won a berth in the Little Championships. We placed 2nd at that years tournament. All I can say is.... being black in Gatlinburg at the time was not fun.

Mr C was not a full blown klansmen but he was associated with some of the well known members in the area of 'Bama were we lived.

Basketball season wasn't any improvement. Every mistake I made was highlighted and if I did something good I would hear "that's all them n***** are good at ..... runnin', stealing, rapin' and killin'".

Baseball season - I had my own personal heckling crew. Mr C, Mr J and some of their drunk buddies.

Last season of little league football for me and the guys since we were 12 years old:
During the tryouts for new players me and Jeff were given the task of running the new linebackers through the conditioning drills. To my disbelief Mr C screamed at one of the new guys and said "when you get to be as good as my son Jeff and his shadow named Chip you will earn my respect". Many people laughed because they thought he was being mean but I took that as a compliment.

I'm gonna skip the season details because this is getting too long.

Mr C rode my butt for the entire season again. We won the championship and headed to Gatlinburg again. I thought I was going to be hating life again because the linebacker crew got bunked together in one room and Mr C was our chaperon. To my disbelief he was really cool to me. He made sure nobody outside of the team "family" picked on his favorite "chew toy" and I rarely heard him scream at me.

Thanks to a fumble caused by Jeff when he rocked the other teams RB really hard and my recovery on the 3 yard line we beat the team from Ohio 6-0 that year to win the championship. During the bus ride back to Alabama I got chance to talk to Mr C or should I say, he got a chance to talk to me. Basically he wanted to know something about his kid's best friend. Damn, I didn't think he knew about that because me and Jeff rarely associated at practice becasuse of his dad. He asked about my folks, my sisters, my grandparents and other small talk crap. He asked me if I wanted to know why he called me "Chip". Of course I said yes, and when he said I was the only chip in the batter everybody on the bus almost died from laughter. By the time me and Jeff got to High school I was stopping by on the weekends for BBQ's or fishing at the pond on their property.

What's the point to this story? Here was a 40 year old man living in the deep south who had never actually talked to a black person and the one time he did it was with a 12 year old kid. He said he didn't have a need or a reason to talk to a n***** so he never made the effort. I understood what he said and left it at that! After 2 years of not being able to break me he gave in and decided to learn more about me.

During my junior high and high school days I grew to be fond of that grumpy man. I learned a lot from Mr. C and to this day I am still drawing from my experiences with him. No, he did not change his view of black people as a whole, he merely made me and my family an exception to the rules. I have mixed feelings about being the exception but there was nothing I can do about it.

If you live your life a certain way for a long time sometimes it is almost impossible to change even when you have a desire to change. That's just human nature.

I always visited the "C" family during my holiday breaks from college and I always visit them when I go home to the US.

When Mr C died it hurt me as much as it did when my own father died!!

Other than the definition below, I don't think I can add much more to this thread.
Main Entry: ig no rant
Pronunciation: 'ig-n(&-)r&nt
Function: adjective
a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence.

Oh yeah, ignorance does not discriminate! :(

Ralph
12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
mentalstate - I don't mind, go ahead and say it all you want because it doesn't bother me a bit. As a joke I call some close WHITE friends nigga and they call me honky:D.

Lifes a big joke! You can either learn how to laugh at the joke or walk around for the rest of your life looking like a 2 year old wearing a 2 day old lumpy pamper.

When I was 11 years old I moved from a mixed neighborhood to a predominantly white neighborhood. Since I was a big time sports fanatic I had to change all of my teams because of the zoning system. Instead of playing on the predominantly black/hispanic football, baseball, basketball and soccer teams I became the token black guy on ALL of my new teams. Eventhough the coaches and teams accepted, many of the parents gave me hell!! I had known most of the guys on the team for years because we had been competing against each other in little league sports since we were 6 years old.

One man who made a big difference in my life is Mr. C. He was the father of one of the guys who also played linebacker on my new football team. Mr. C decided that I needed to learn my place in life when I won the starting middle linebacker position. His son Jeff had been playing in the MLB for the last 2 years. One day after practice he told me that a n****** would never be as good as a member of his family and that he would do whatever was necessary to get his son back into the top linebacker position. Jeff actually liked playing at the outside linebacker position because he had less responsibilites but Mr C thought he was being a pushover. All the coaches and some of the other fathers explained that I had won my position fair and square. Coach also explained that I was one of the opposing MLBs who had been terrorizing their offense for the last 3 years :devil:. Mr C said that didn't mean diddly squat to him because this team had never had a n**** on it and n***** weren't worth the rope that is used to string 'em up. To be honest, I wasn't shocked by the comments because I was living in that time warp called L.A. (Lower Alabama for you unedjumcated folks:D). I will not go into detail as to how he harassed me but Mr C drove me crazy for the entire 2 months of the football season and gave me the nickname "Chip". Our team won the local championship and won a berth in the Little Championships. We placed 2nd at that years tournament. All I can say is.... being black in Gatlinburg at the time was not fun.

Mr C was not a full blown klansmen but he was associated with some of the well known members in the area of 'Bama were we lived.

Basketball season wasn't any improvement. Every mistake I made was highlighted and if I did something good I would hear "that's all them n***** are good at ..... runnin', stealing, rapin' and killin'".

Baseball season - I had my own personal heckling crew. Mr C, Mr J and some of their drunk buddies.

Last season of little league football for me and the guys since we were 12 years old:
During the tryouts for new players me and Jeff were given the task of running the new linebackers through the conditioning drills. To my disbelief Mr C screamed at one of the new guys and said "when you get to be as good as my son Jeff and his shadow named Chip you will earn my respect". Many people laughed because they thought he was being mean but I took that as a compliment.

Mr C rode my butt for the entire season again. We won the championship and headed to Gatlinburg again. I thought I was going to be hating life again because the linebacker crew got bunked together in one room and Mr C was our chaperon. To my disbelief he was really cool to me. He made sure nobody outside of the team "family" picked on his favorite "chew toy" and I rarely heard him scream at me.

Thanks to a fumble caused by Jeff when he rocked the other teams RB really hard and my recovery on the 3 yard line we beat the team from Ohio 6-0 that year to win the championship. During the bus ride back to Alabama I got chance to talk to Mr C or should I say, he got a chance to talk to me. Basically he wanted to know something about his kid's best friend. Damn, I didn't think he knew about that because me and Jeff rarely associated at practice becasuse of his dad. He asked about my folks, my sisters, my grandparents and other small talk crap. He asked me if I wanted to know why he called me "Chip". Of course I said yes, and when he said I was the only chip in the batter everybody on the bus almost died from laughter. By the time me and Jeff got to High school I was stopping by on the weekends for BBQ's or fishing at the pond on their property.

What's the point to this story? Here was a 40 year old man living in the deep south who had never actually talked to a black person and the one time he did it was with a 12 year old kid. He said he didn't have a need or a reason to talk to a n***** so he never made the effort. I understood what he said and left it at that! After 2 years of not being able to break me he gave in and decided to learn more about me.

During my junior high and high school days I grew to be fond of that grumpy man. I learned a lot from Mr. C and to this day I am still drawing from my experiences with him. No, he did not change his view of black people as a whole, he merely made me and my family an exception to the rules. I have mixed feelings about being the exception but there was nothing I can do about it.

If you live your life a certain way for a long time sometimes it is almost impossible to change even when you have a desire to change. That's just human nature.

I always visited the "C" family during my holiday breaks from college and I always visit them when I go home to the US.

Other than the definition below, I don't think I can add much more to this thread.
a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>

Good post. Its shocking to see how many ignorant people are on here. Thanks for sharing the story.

AtvMxRider
12-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
AtvMxRider, jerry, :eek2: :grr:

Kickstarts-suck
12-01-2006, 01:11 PM

that was a good story.:macho

MR.BIG
12-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
that was a good story.:macho

I agree it kept me interested!:D

sandmanblue
12-01-2006, 02:48 PM
From Pappy - "bad people do not come in one color." Well said.

My own person way of dealing with racism is:

Close your eyes. Now, how are we different? Only in the way we act. I don't care what color you are or from where you came. If you act like an ahole, you will be treated as such.

My own personal short story... I worked with two black guys and went to a sports bar after work and saw them there. They were watching a Suns game (love the Suns), anyway, I walked up and they were discussing something and then shut up when I sat down. I asked them what was going on and one guy replied "You're white, you wouldn't understand". To which I stated firmly, "The only differerence between you and me is that you have a better tan. If you have a problem with that then by all means, I'll leave." The other guy then said, "maybe we misjudged you" and they brought me into the topic...

SRH
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
its easy to understand why he acted out like he did, pressures in life, things not going right, everyone handles it differently, well he was pushed to his limit, these guys heckling or being disrespectful to him probaly was really hurting the guy deep down more than what we all see it as and he let his rage control him and he tried to be just as hurtful back, but the fact is, they were black, thats the quickest way to irritate or hurt a black man if your white and he did it, im not racist in fact i have ancestors who were african americans , but i could see a black guy pissing me off enough to make me re act like kramer, the difference is he is a celebrity and he should of realized his actions are being scrutinized the n word is about the worse thing he could of said, if you watch his outburst to the end, he realizes what he did and knows he didnt mean it or come off how he did, and i dont care what kinda white guy you are, you can lie to yourself, but we all have had those racial feelings time to time at least i have in the sense that black people use something theyve only read about as an excuse to take offense to certain things they shouldnt

actually the n word should be a meaningless word today, i dont care the history behind it, there is not a man walking this earth who owned a slave, non of us knew a slave so get over it, today the black man or woman has as much or more power, rights and anything else as any other race, and if anything i feel black people are much more racist than white, just the fact there so offensive when it comes to racial stuff and they shouldnt

bah im rambling on now

Ralph
12-01-2006, 04:12 PM
To all the white people saying that the black people are far more racist now. This is not true the only thing is that black people are outspoken about it and dont hold it back. Where as white people do it all in secracy and behind backs.

I honestly think its equal and its just gonna take more time for things to reach an equilibirium where everybody truly is equal.

hotrodhonda400
12-01-2006, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ralph
[B]To all the white people saying that the black people are far more racist now. This is not true the only thing is that black people are outspoken about it and dont hold it back. Where as white people do it all in secracy and behind backs.

:confused: So.... he was holding back??..I don't think so. If the tables were turned (same situation) and it was a Black comic on stage and a white guy was yelling out do you really think the black comic would have done any different than what richards did? Hell no they would have be Cracker this Honkey that and for him to shut his Mother F****in mouth. and If it were a mostly black crowd he, the comic would have been a hero for putting a white man in his place.... I'm not racist either BUT I see many racist things being white!!:cool:

batgeek
12-01-2006, 05:06 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7171/nigerpleaseom3.jpg

Ralph
12-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400

:confused: So.... he was holding back??..I don't think so. If the tables were turned (same situation) and it was a Black comic on stage and a white guy was yelling out do you really think the black comic would have done any different than what richards did? Hell no they would have be Cracker this Honkey that and for him to shut his Mother F****in mouth. and If it were a mostly black crowd he, the comic would have been a hero for putting a white man in his place.... I'm not racist either BUT I see many racist things being white!!:cool:

Im talking about society in general.

CHAR250R
12-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Racism will never go away. There will always be someone who thinks he or she is better than you. One group will always talk about the other behind their back. Is it OK? Nope. Can you do anything about it? Yes. Will it make a difference? I doubt it. Treat people like you would like to be treated, and you should be OK. If they show you no respect, you're better off without them, and your life will be much more pleasent. Remember: your life is about you and your family. Everything else is just a bonus.

redlineranger
12-02-2006, 08:20 PM
i personally thinks its all bullsh*t.

if it would have been the black guy on the stage(oops i mean african american, i forgot that they dont like for us whites to just say black), it would have been alright for him to call richards a cracker or a honkey.

its a war that you cant win.

Mxjunkie
12-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i personally thinks its all bullsh*t.

if it would have been the black guy on the stage(oops i mean african american, i forgot that they dont like for us whites to just say black), it would have been alright for him to call richards a cracker or a honkey.

its a war that you cant win.

Yeah and Carlos Menica I know he delivers it in a joke form and not hate but he still says racist terms, webacks, crackers etc why doesnt he get a fire let under his *** about it?

Dave Chappelle has said Ni.... and such on his show but no one has ever put him under the gun like Michael Richards..

All the mexicans and such want to be treated equal then why is it they can call us whiteboys etc but we cant call them beaners? As goes for all the other races..

I'm not to sure maybe some of you guys can help me on this but have you ever herd of a kid getting suspened from his school for calling a white kid a cracker/honkey, I cant think of one time.. :ermm:

I'm not racist at all I treat everyone the same no matter what and I was brought up that you have to give respect to earn respect and treat everyone the same no matter what, and as I see what's going on here it just seem's like it's all one sided for them.

Ralph
12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Yeah and Carlos Menica I know he delivers it in a joke form and not hate but he still says racist terms, webacks, crackers etc why doesnt he get a fire let under his *** about it?

Dave Chappelle has said Ni.... and such on his show but no one has ever put him under the gun like Michael Richards..

All the mexicans and such want to be treated equal then why is it they can call us whiteboys etc but we cant call them beaners? As goes for all the other races..

I'm not to sure maybe some of you guys can help me on this but have you ever herd of a kid getting suspened from his school for calling a white kid a cracker/honkey, I cant think of one time.. :ermm:

I'm not racist at all I treat everyone the same no matter what and I was brought up that you have to give respect to earn respect and treat everyone the same no matter what, and as I see what's going on here it just seem's like it's all one sided for them.

Thats because carlos doesnt say it out of hate. He makes it clear that it is just to get a laugh and by picking on every stereotype he shows its just for the laugh.

What andrews said did not seem like he was trying to get a laugh. It sounded like it came out of hatred. Everyone looses their cool sometimes. But u can not compare it to other comedians of any race because it came out of anger. I like chappele. but if he said things in such a way where i felt he had a serious problem with white people then i would not support him...

250R-Dee
12-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Dave Chappelle and Carlos Mencia make fun of all races and they harp on their own race more than the others. The point is... their acts are funny! Michael Ricahrds rant was not funny because he lost control and made it a personal issue.

Watch the Pixie episodes from Dave Chappelle's Lost episodes DVD. You will see some funny stuff!!

mole97
12-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Dave Chappelle and Carlos Mencia make fun of all races and they harp on their own race more than the others. The point is... their acts are funny! Michael Ricahrds rant was not funny because he lost control and made it a personal issue.

Watch the Pixie episodes from Dave Chappelle's Lost episodes DVD. You will see some funny stuff!!
I.MO. Carlos and Dave rank on EVERY one including their own race. I have never takin offense to anything they've ever said. B.T.W from what I understand Chappelles best friend is White? Do I care ? no! Where I live I'm surrounded by every race. Iv'e been taught to get along with everyone and never looked at color or ethninticity. I truly 100% believe its whats on the inside that counts. That's just me. Will racism ever go away? I doubt it,but I try my best to deal with it and my kids are taught that EVERYONE is eqaul, and if they judge you for you , than that's all that matters!personality and a smile go along way :D