PDA

View Full Version : need a fast answer

hotrodbelair
11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
im taking my frame to work tommarrow to get a crack in the frame welded up then i was gonna get it bead blasted. but im wondering if its gonna hurt the frame at all i got all the threads covered. we only use the bead blaster on carbon steel parts in when they come out they have a rough surface i just dont know if my frame is gonna come out the same way.

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 07:42 PM
I have had my aluminum Rims bead blasted due to they had spary paint on them. I don't see why it would hurt your frame.

hotrodbelair
11-28-2006, 07:47 PM
i was just worried cause its a big *** bead blaster. could probaly fit 3 of my frames in there.

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
i was just worried cause its a big *** bead blaster. could probaly fit 3 of my frames in there.

OOOO the one I used I could barely fit my rims in it.:o

I don't see why it would hurt it, there just little plastic beads.

hotrodbelair
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
i wish i would of asked more questions on the bead blaster at work. cause dont think it uses plastic beads. theres thes peices of metal that people use to put the part on to keep it off the bottom platform and after a while it actualy wore it down so much the beads started to go right through it.

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
i wish i would of asked more questions on the bead blaster at work. cause dont think it uses plastic beads. theres thes peices of metal that people use to put the part on to keep it off the bottom platform and after a while it actualy wore it down so much the beads started to go right through it.

:eek: well I would just take it too them and ask if they think it would hurt it.