PDA

View Full Version : Carpe Diem #3 Review

tamehart
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
On November 16, 2006 Pemis Industries added a 4th DVD to their collection and a 3rd addition to the Carpe Diem series.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Like other companies, Premis shows the true lifestyle in the ATV racing realm. They are able to capture the lifestyle of the riders, in addition to capturing the same old footage that other companies focus on, big jumps and sick tricks

tamehart
11-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Over the course of 2006, Brad Phillips (Premis President) put more miles on his truck than most do over a course of multiple years. All this driving made sure the sequel to Carpe Diem 2 was packed with a variety of location sceneries. Brandon Boulay marks the newest addition to the Premis Industries staff. Brandon is an avid ATV Rider/ Racer as well as a talented videographer and video editor.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
As a rider/ racer, I feel Carpe Diem 3 sets a new set of standards in an untouched ATV Film market. The newest addition to the Carpe Diem reaches a new quality level over previous films. Much of the music was supplied by bands I was unaware of, but was quickly acquainted with the help of the internet. My favorite part of the film is the ability to show the lifestyle of the riders. An appearance of Rob Van Winkle, otherwise known as Vanilla Ice, insured my opinion about Brad’s ability to show the lifestyle of the riders. All in all, I believe in pushing the limits and with Brad Phillips behind the “go” button, CD3 kept my attention from start to end……several times.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
The film begins with a very original intro starring Allen White, Kory Ellis’s mechanic. After selecting play, viewers are given a glimpse, not just highlights, of the film. The first chapter shows a group of racers/ great friends celebrating a fellow riders 21st birthday.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Crossing the United States northern boarder into Canada, the following segment covers an indoor supercross race. The coverage shows the technical skills of some of the great soon to be pros as well as many current pro riders

tamehart
11-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Hetrick Racing's own, Joel Hetrick makes his second appearance in the carpe diem collection. To be able to ride, Joel hops behind the wheel of his dad's motorhome to drive himself and Trent Kandell to a practice track nearly an hour down the road.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
In the Director Commentary...you learn that Joel has not yet broken the law by driving without a license. After arriving at the practice track, Joel jumped onto his Hetrick Racing built mod quad and showed why he was this years 90 mod champion.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Another segement featured Vanilla Ice aboard his Motocross bike. Ice takes some time to talk to the camera as well as showing his abilities aboard his dirt bike.

tamehart
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
To keep myself from giving away anymore insight....I will end my posting here.

I encourage any ATV Rider or Racer to pick this movie up at one of the ATVRiders.com sponsors or @ the Premis Industries home page. www.pemisind.com

The movie is available for $29.92 at most locations.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by tamehart
Crossing the United States northern boarder into Canada, the following segment covers an indoor supercross race. The coverage shows the technical skills of some of the great soon to be pros as well as many current pro riders

Thats what i like about Carpe Diem 1 n 2. It isnt just the pro class. It shows some pro am riders too. They are more fun to watch cuz they goof off. How can u not have fun watching Skyler dancing?

WheelieMan4
11-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
How can u not have fun watching Skyler dancing?

LOL!! I loved that part, its hilarious...haha:blah:

QuadJunkies
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
I cant wait to pick up my copy!