PDA

View Full Version : Algebra 2 Help

JRP
11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
hey, well we are doing the sum and difference of square/cubed numbers, and this stuff confuses the hell outta me. We have a quiz on thursday on everything. Does anyone have any hints, or easy ways on doing it? Thanks

YamaWarr0121
11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
there are formulas for determining the sum and difference of cubed numbers and squared in the back and front of your text book probably. I don't know the off the top of my head, but probably should since i'm in Calc 2 right now.. lol

JRP
11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
na, theres nothing in there. Like i know you have to see if there is a GCF first, then factor them, but damn, i hate this stuff sooo much. Like once i start i loose all sense of concetration and forget everything. And like i know when u do a sum/diff of a cube you do a binomial times a trinomial, and i know where to put the signs like if the sign in the problem is a + then you would do ( + ) ( - +)

coolguy8769
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
haha jordan my teacher failed me last year for ALG 2 ( i knew it all but i f'ed around in class) and took it in summer school, so i took it twice......

hit me up on AIM

redlineranger
11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
i hope this thread stays alive, i need some help in algebra 2 myself. i would try and help but i dont think were that far in the book yet as you are. and plus i have a 53/F in there so asking me would be pointless:ermm:

Tommy 17
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
i don't remember exactly how to do it... i'm already in multivariable calculus 3... but i can give u some hints to calc..

#1 stay organized!!!! thats the number one problem most people have with math...

#2 look for patterns u can reconize... when u sit down and look at a problem try and thing where u've seen something like it before... relate it to something u know!

#3 make flashcards with the formulas... u should know them like u know who is in the pro class of the GNCs and GNCCs:blah:

in h.s. i was failin outta math... i couldn't do anything... but eventually u figure out what works for u...

MotoX3
11-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Were doing the same thing and heres the "forumlas"...don't know if this is what youre looking for(btw x2=x squared x3=x cubed)..
Differrence of 2 squares- x2-y2=(x+y)(x-y)
Examples-
x2-9=(x+3)(x-3)
x2-81=(x+9)(x-9)
For these remember x2=x squared, # in front of x is the coefficent
4x2-25y2=(2x+5y)(2x-5y)

Difference of 2 cubes- x3+y3=(x+y)(x2-xy+y2)-again remember x2 and y2 means squared...I can get examples of the cubes if you want...hope this helps