PDA

View Full Version : arm pump

blakefoote
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
this may be a dumb question but does lowering your handlebars reduce arm pump...b/c mine are pretty high and i get it bad!!!

11-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Theres a huge artical about and how to get rid of arm pump on www.racerxvt.com

Kaleigh
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
here's the article if you dont want to look for it...

http://archive.racerxill.com/092004_Virtual_Trainer.cfm

Splatter Matter
11-28-2006, 05:44 PM
http://www.cardiostackracing.com/index.htm
try it it works

Nick110
11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
It shouldn't, unless they are uncomfortably high.

But before you try cardio stack or anything like that, go to a practice at a track and go out with the mentallity that you will be loose. Dont ride your hardest but ride and keep telling yourself to breath and stay loose. Breathing is key.

Also pop an asprin and eat a bananna before your ride. These should REALLY help. Lastly NO energy drinks.

trx400exxracer
11-28-2006, 07:04 PM
It depends i heard that it is better to run your bars higher if you are a more of a stand up rider?!? But i do recommend Cardio Stack I rode and raced with it and then i rode and raced without it and i notice something.

I also eat a banana before the race!!! :D

Crazy Diamond
11-30-2006, 08:54 PM
1. I don't race 2. I ride hard for hours and NEVER had arm pump. 3. I did 22 laps at Quadfests MX Time Trials Track and still didn't get it 4. I drink Red Bull and Monster Energy by the case and still don't get it. 5. If I ate a banana before I rode I would $hit myself. LOL 6. Explain what it feels like. I have never had a problem with my arms even after months of not riding then riding hard. 7. SPLATTER MATTER's out of $$$ !!! LOL No Way!!!

blakefoote
12-01-2006, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Diamond
1. I don't race 2. I ride hard for hours and NEVER had arm pump. 3. I did 22 laps at Quadfests MX Time Trials Track and still didn't get it 4. I drink Red Bull and Monster Energy by the case and still don't get it. 5. If I ate a banana before I rode I would $hit myself. LOL 6. Explain what it feels like. I have never had a problem with my arms even after months of not riding then riding hard. 7. SPLATTER MATTER's out of $$$ !!! LOL No Way!!!

it feels like a cramp kinda...except its all the way down your arm...it makes it wear your fingures get so tiresd that u cant take them off of the grip to pull the clutch...