PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy from la cyclesports or suzuki-ltr450 blew up w/ 2 hours on it

noworries
11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
First let me say that I am new to quads. My neighbors got me and my wife hooked on glamis, so I researched and picked the ltr 450 for our first atv.

I bought a 2006 suzuki lt r450 from LA Cyclesports on 11/19. I took it out to Glamis for thanksgiving and on the first ride it ran terrible. It had no power--couldn't make it up hills. It was difficult to keep running, idle was rough and backfired alot. It also seemed to be really hot for the kind of riding I was doing. I am new to riding quads and ride very conservatively so I won't get hurt. My friends looked at it and said "Take it back.". So I took it back to LA Cyclesports today. They pull the spark plug and it's burned on the end and smashed. It looks like the piston was hitting the spark plug. So it's in for a major repair with less then 2-3 hours on it.

I want either a full refund or a new quad. My reasoning is this:
1) Any atv/bike that has a catastrophic failure right from the factory will be troublesome for the entire life of the atv.
2) Parts that may not have completely failed have been stressed and fatigued and will fail prematurely, likely after the 6 month warranty has expired.
3) I paid for a new atv. I never got to ride a new atv--With a catastrohpic failure with only a few hours on it, I am really getting a rebuilt atv.

I called Suzuki. They said they can't force the dealer to do anything. The dealer won't refund or replace the bike, because they'll make more money by charging suzuki to fix it.

theTman
11-28-2006, 03:32 PM
did you break it in properly?

rob-u/21
11-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Sorry for your misfortune. I also bought my LTR from LA Cyclesports and have not had any problems. Well I did blow my engine (piston and rings) but that is a whole other story. I put a baja 500 a lot of prerunning and 990 miles of this years baja 1000 before my top end gave up.

DEAL
11-28-2006, 05:41 PM
if its brand new .. its not the dealers fault .. as the dealer doesn't put the motor together, suzuki does.
The ltr is a great bike .. and you somehow ended up with a bad one. If its under warrenty the motor will be fixed for free .. most likely replaced.
If the dealer does this.. then you have no right to be bashing them because I highly doubt it was their fault in the first place that you had these problems.

suzukiray
11-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Since you are new to quads I suggest you find people knowledgeable enough to teach you that soft sand at a place like Glamis is the LAST place you would do a break-in on a new bike! I have been building HIGH horsepower Suzukis for over 25 years with NO catastrophic failures at all. If the dealer fixes it correctly you won't have anymore issues as long as you take it somewhere with HARDPACK ground to do your break-in. Don't fault the dealer or Suzuki because you didn't do a correct break-in, Ray.

jpb450
11-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I think you might be jumping the gun a bit here. You have to understand that you bought a high performance race quad. Anything time you increase performance you sacrifice reliability. This is the first engine failure I have seen on any forum. Also why is a rebuilt engine less reliable than a new motor?? Most of the time a hand built engine will last way longer than a mass produced assembely line motor.

Plus I don't see the piston hitting the spark plug. You would have heard something way before that happened. It has to hit the valves first.

noworries
11-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Also why is a rebuilt engine less reliable than a new motor??

Why? Because the motor had a major malfunction, and it some parts have obviously failed. Other parts may not have failed, so they won't be replaced, but they have been subjected to abnormally high temperature or stress, and so they are fatigued, and more likely to fail in the not-to-distant future.

I'm not some kid who got a new toy and rode it too hard and broke it. I'm old. I'm conservative. I've been a boater (ocean, not river) for the past 10 years. I've broken in gas motors, outboards, $25k diesels, I've never seen one fail like this.

You can't take an ATV for a test drive--I didn't ride it until I took it off my truck.

The reason the dealer doesn't want to give me my money back or give me a new one is because they make $$$ charging suzuki to fix this bike--plain and simple. The system is setup to screw the customer--and that's what pisses me off. There's no reason why suzuki couldn't say "Ooops, we screwed up on this bike. We'll fix it and sell it as used or to employees or whatever and make it right for you." The least they can do is replace the entire engine and give me a free extended warranty. I know enough about motors that if one thing wasn't done right--there's bound to be other things. and why should that be on my dime?!?! Why should I be stuck without a bike for who knows how long while they fix it?

What's important to me is customer service. And if they dont charge enough for their product to provide descent customer service, I'd rather buy from somebody who does.

That bike was my baby... until I found out it's real mother dropped it on it's head and it's retarded now. If they give me that bike back, every time I ride it I'll wonder if it's going to break, how much it will cost to fix, and if it will leave me stranded. That's not what I signed up for when I handed them the check.

Imagine if you bought a new TV from best buy. You get it home, and it doesn't work. So you take it back to the store, and they say "We can't give you your money back, or a new tv. You're going to have to wait until we figure out what's wrong with it and fix it. Sorry."

noworries
11-28-2006, 08:11 PM
The first thing the mechanic tried to tell me was that the spark plug was the problem. It was bad because it was smashed... he said that was because when the guy putting it in at the factory must have dropped it in the hole too hard. Yeah, this is the same guy who will be working on my repair. I'm not making this stuff up.

MXracer16
11-28-2006, 08:20 PM
So judging by your last post, the dealer is fixing it, but not for free? And you want them to just give you a new quad?

jpb450
11-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Look my transmission blew 2 weeks after the warranty had expired. I know it sucks, but you are not going to get your money back. There is nothing the dealer can do except fix or replace the engine.

If it is as bad as you say then they are going to have to replace the whole engine. If there was that much slack in the crank bearings to allow the piston to hit the spark plug then the cases, and crank are going to need to be replaced. So for a dealer it is cheaper and less time consuming to replace the whole motor. Besides I can garantee that Suzuki is going to want to see the motor. They don't want the bad press of someone trashing them on the internet.

rummerd
11-29-2006, 06:52 AM
At what point did you stop running the quad, when it completely quit? I would think that if it was running that poorly, you would have stopped long before it came apart like that. Sounds like something was wrong with it, perhaps a bit of debris, or maybe even a bolt in the intake tract, got into the valvetrain and started causing you problems. I would bet you have a broken valve rattling around in there. Did you service the air filter before you rode it? Did the dealer? What did they find when they pulled the head?

Baracudaaa
11-29-2006, 08:09 AM
I dont see how the 'System' is set up to screw the customer? You gave them $ for a product, you got it, rode it, and now want it fixed. They should fix it under the warrantee, if it breaks again within that 6 months, you are ok, if not, you are screwed. You cant use the analogy of a Best Buy TV, since a TV isnt taken to the desert and ridding through the sand. All the dealer knows is, you took a machine out to the sand, and brought it back broken. They have to be skeptical, otherwise they would be fixing every problem for free, its the nature of the business. I wish you luck in getting this fixed, I have had about a full year of massive abuse dished out to my LTR with 0 problems so far. It would be nice if they hooked you up with a free extended warrantee though for your headache.

Quady
11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
i'd be on your side if you did break in period!

I know once you own this thing, you will be eager to cut those sands wide open with full throttle!! But i personally had to suffer driving it nice and easy for straight eight hours!!!

CdaleXtreme
11-29-2006, 09:07 AM
This has nothing to do with break in.. PERIOD.

Your Suzuki had a major malfunction wether you took it to a mud race, sand dunes or a motocross track.

You cant expect your dealer to do anything more than get the LTR working as new. If you are civil about it, and dont go slinging crap you may be able to get some cooperation and possibly get a new motor out of it.

Warranty isn't up to the dealer, but the Suzuki warranty Representative who travels to the dealerships in his region and administers the warranty.

I understand when $7,000 is on the l ine your first instinct is to get upset, and lose your temper. But stop and realize you are dealing with humans. Which means 2 things.

1. If you get mad and belligerent, they will be happy to give it right back.

2. When somone says NO, that doesnt always mean NO, if you are determined, and persuasive enough you can get just about anything you want.

noworries
11-29-2006, 10:09 AM
It seems like some of you are either dealers or buddies with dealers with that attitude.

Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like there are some quality control issues at suzuki. I was reading about some shifter problems that were related to some bolts only being finger tight.

If I abused the bike and broke it, I'd fix it myself. I own a small business, and I make it a point to treat other business owners like I'd like to be treated myself. I've never had a customer get mad at me, because I always take care of them--I make it right. Sometimes it costs my business money to make it right--but in the long run I'll get more business from them--and I'll get referrals.

noworries
11-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Latest update--the piston was loose. They say they will check to see what else is loose. I've been reading about shifter/tranny problems related to loose bolts as well. Sounds like a suzuki QC issue to me. I asked if they were going to replace the engine, and they said only the parts that are broke.

It's just been really frustrating. I bought a used quad and a new one, and didn't expect so many problems with a new quad. The used quad runs great. When I showed up at the dealer with the quad, their loading dock was blocked by somebody, so I unloaded right in front of the shop. I'm there 10 minutes and come out to find a parking ticket on my truck, for parking facing the wrong way. Nobody bothered to come get me or anything when the meter maid showed up. I guess it was just a bad day all around.

I tried asking suzuki about the extended warranty and they said ask the dealer. I haven't done that yet, because the manager isn't in. I guess if they give me that, I'd be happy. I'm going to get all the info about the loose bolts and send it to suzuki when this is all said and done. They need to show those 3rd world laborers how to turn a wrench properly.

noworries
11-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't break your bike. I guess the only parts for mine are in canada... and they are shipping them on the back of llamas... so they won't get here for 7-10 days.

Gotta love suzuki.

suzukiray
11-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Noworries, do yourself & your bike right when you get it back by doing your break-in CORRECTLY! Take it to a HARD PACK place to break it in, screw the throttle limiter in halfway if you have no self control & change the oil & filter after the first 5 hours of run time. The sooner you change the oil after they work on it, the less "stuff" you'll have going through the engine. Seriously! And then, change it again after another 5 hours! After about 10 hours it will have gotten ring seal & all the internal parts should be all happy with each other again. After that, change the oil after every weekend outing & KEEP the air filter clean & oiled! You really shouldn't have too much trouble after that. My family & most of my friends live around Disneyland & Fullerton area & I would be glad to help you if you would like. I don't mean to come off as a wise***** but correct break-in really DOES make a difference. Good luck, Ray.

jpb450
11-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I went to drop off parts at my mechanic today and made a point of looking at the inside of the head. There is absolutely no way that the piston can ever come in contact with the spark plug. The way the head is designed it is just not physically possible. It would have knocked the entire head off the engine and still not hit the spark plug.

johng
11-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I understand were your coming from, but put yourself in the dealers shoes. They need to take apart the motor to see what went wrong, or what failed. Then it can properly be fixed. A good mechanic will replace every worn or stressed part, they make more money that way. If done properly your motor should be better than new. You can take your quad to any Suzuki dealer!

noworries
11-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Well, the dealer is trying hard to get it fixed for me. I just can't believe that the only parts they have are in canada, and that they won't ship them any better then 7-10 days.

I even offered to pay more for a new (different) atv... and he said I'd have to eat tax & license and more to do it.

So as it stands I'll be lucky to get it back by christmas. I was really excited about my new hobby until now... not it's a big time downer.

TTZ450
11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I work for an Arctic Cat dealer and NO we dont make money from warranty repairs. And it does'nt matter if its a Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha or any other make of atv, some are going to have some sort of problem whether it be mechanical or electrical. Also the dealer does'nt have a choice of what they get, they get what the factory sends them. Again dont bash the the mfg and dealer for alittle misfortune, as a dealer they will do all they are allowed to do by the warranty department at suzuki to repair your atv. All the dealer wants to do is please the customer..

noworries
12-01-2006, 08:24 AM
If I bought a used quad, and it died on the first trip--that would be misfortune.

The problem here is parts were not assembled correctly. That's a training/hiring skilled labor issue.

Sounds like we need stronger consumer protection laws regarding the selling of new atvs.

Let's just review the circumstances so far:
Suzuki failed to assemble the atv properly.
Suzuki failed to stock the necessary spare parts in the country.
Suzuki failed to do anything to try and satisfy the customer.

An extended warranty doesn't cost them anything if they believe in the quality of their work. If they believed the atv would be "better then new" after all this repair, they wouldn't hesitate to throw one on the atv. If they don't believe in their own product--why should I?

Baracudaaa
12-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Jesus man, you are on 4 different web site forums that I can find, who knows how many others, its time to quit whining. You bought a lemon, & honestly, I feel for ya brother, but stop the bashing. I had mine in the shop for the recall for 3 weeks, yes it sucked not to be out riding, but what the hell, its back and I am happy. Maybe its just me, but you seem to be crying a little too much to all of us who are actually very happy with the LTR.

rummerd
12-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I am still not tracking how a piston can be "loose" or "improperly assembled" and have that result in the piston hitting the spark plug. I just can't see it. How about a picture of the motor dis-assembled? 7 to 10 days for parts to ship is just about what you have to wait for anything ordered from the dealer. I really do not think very many dealers stock pistons, cylinders, etc for machines. I totally understand the frusteration you are feeling, but work with the dealer, the more adverserial you are, the less willing they are most likely going to be to help you out. They are obligated to repair your machine, that is what the 6 month warrenty states. There is nothing that requires them to give you any more, or any less. Warrenty work does not make the dealer money, They pretty much have to eat the labor.

noworries
12-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I would understand if it would take 3 weeks because they have 500 quads to fix, and I'm number 384.

Now that I understand how the whole atv world works, I'm no longer pissed at the dealer. I said that in an earlier post.

Even if they just gave me my propack early with the return of the quad I'd be happy. Something to say "We're sorry for the hassle".

I would be just as vocal if I got good service--and still will if something changes. That's the beauty of the internet--I use it all the time to make purchasing decisions.

450rJam
12-01-2006, 05:36 PM
sounds like you got a new atv, rode the piss out of it and wanted the dealer to replace it. (what would you have them do with the old one ? sell it as used, part it out, burn it etc. and just lose their arse on it)

did you run a prefilter ? that sand is so fine it will get through a stock filter.

you seem to have done your research after your purchase
(refering to your suzuki quality issues)

if you got it the 19th, and carved up glamis for thanksgiving its
possible but not probable that you did any kind of break in.

suzukiray has a point about break in period in sand vs dirt
(for one thing it takes rpm's and tire speed to play in sand)
refering to your boat experience (that prop is under load, you wouldnt break in your boat in neutral)
its kind of the same with the atv & sand (like break in on ice)

rummerd
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
How the hell are they going to give you the Pro Pack early? The dealer has absolutely nothing to do with that.

noworries
12-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Either you're a dealer or you just like to argue. I'm done. I'll post any updates when I get them. I'm not going to call the dealer again until next week. Hopefully there will be good news. Have fun this weekend--go ride if you can.

rob-u/21
12-02-2006, 08:46 AM
This thread has gone way to long.

rummerd
12-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I am neither, you just seem pretty irrational. Hope it works out for you.

250r4life
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
the moral of the story is... dont buy a suzuki...

im not trying to be a smart *** either- i really honestly feel that suzuki has never made a quality bike. they have always been a notch down in their quality and attention to details... the lt 250s were the same way...

rummerd
12-02-2006, 10:51 PM
And this coming from a guy with a Yamaha in his stable?

GSXR_4fiddy
12-03-2006, 01:21 AM
This is the 2nd one I've heard of. The other one was in the shop the day I went down to pick up mine. He had less than 3 hours on it and a blown engine. He's been waiting 2 1/2 months now to hear back from Suzuki as to what their going to do. The dealers guess was a brand new engine. This was in Coos Bay, OR.

jdwxv3
12-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Noworries I am on your side. I belive if there is major damage to the motor it should be replaced. As far as the people who say you need a proper break in and thats why you quad broke well.....thats complete BS. My local dealer told me to ride it how your going to ride it. Me and my 2 brothers all bought Honda 450Rs in April of 2005 and between us we have around 75-80 XC races on our quads with only one quad getting a new pistion and rings(he took in a bunch of dirt b/c his air box busted sometime during a 2 hr race) This is not to mention all the play riding we do(which is a lot!). We do not ride easy either. Put it this way.....we picked up our quads on a Thursday....Put maybe a half hour on each one of them and went to Iowa to race a 2hr XC race. All of us finished w/o a single problem. I also know of another racer who races Pro in GNCC's(and is the current Iowa XC state champ) that picked up a quad on the way to a sunday race, droped it off the trailer put new bars/wheels tires, and skid plates on it and took 2nd overall in a Kahoka MO XC race. So basically breakin time was not the problem( I am sure its important on rebuilt power houses but not on a stock machine so I agree with ray on that). Then on the other side of the coin I had a cousin buy a new quad in May of 06.....broke it in really easy doing exactly what the dealership said. I belive he raced his quad 6 XC races and had complete motor failure....nothing is anygood. He does nothing different than us(we acctually all work on them in the same shop), we all change our oil after every race and change our filters after every 3 races so why did his fail and ours not???

Also keep in mind 78% of the extended warrenty is commision so even if they dont give you the longer warrenty there is a bunch of wiggle room for them to discount it b/c its nearly all commision. If the dealer gives you to much trouble turn them in to the better bussiness bureau and turn the Suzuki dealer into the Attorney Generals office.....we had to do this on a terd of a polaris predator and it worked(long story no time and wrong thread lol)

And just to be safe I would not recomend buying a quad the first year it comes out again....there are always bugs that need to be worked out......no matter how much R&D goes into it.

Also keep in mind most of the people on internet sites are no more than kids who have there parents make all there purchases for them. And people please dont flame if you are not a child you know what I am talking about and you know I am not talking to you.

See ya and good luck! I feel for you!

Later, Josh

noworries
12-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I know it wasn't the way I rode it--so I just started ignoring the guys who blamed improper break-in. I had no idea that suzuki had this reputation.

250r4life
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by rummerd
And this coming from a guy with a Yamaha in his stable?

yep... i own a suzuki and a honda, and both are superior to suzuki... suzuki is right there with polaris...

250r4life
12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by noworries
I had no idea that suzuki had this reputation.

sure enough... i dont care if suzuki was the fastest and least expensive 450, which its not, i still would not buy one... i feel for ya...

youre young in the game, but a 2 good general rules are a- dont buy a 1st year bike and 2- dont buy a suzuki... or polaris

rummerd
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
yep... i own a suzuki and a honda, and both are superior to suzuki... suzuki is right there with polaris...

Dude, I think you need to hit the edit button before everyone realizes your an idiot.

250r4life
12-03-2006, 08:13 PM
before everyone realizes your an idiot.

its "you're" just so you know...

:devil:

go to traderonline.com... look up suzuki 250s and honda 250s- shoot, even look up newer lts and compare the prices with older R's... the R's are bringing a lot more money- why- because suzuki just doesnt make a very good bike...

even a couple weeks ago here in az, i was looking in the trader, and there were 9 ltr's for sale already... how many 06 yfzs? 2? and the 06 yfz came out considerably before the LTR did... so why were there so many for sale- cuz people were realizing that they were junk...

rummerd
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
What a worthless thread this is. If you need me I will be out riding my "junk".

noworries
12-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Just keep bumping this thread with your negative posts... I'm sure that will help it go away.

Sandgod4
12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I would be furious at the situation. Proper break in is pure balony. Warm it up and go ride which he did. Pre filter on a stock filter is non sence. He rode it for two hrs and it didn't run right from the get go. This has nothing to do w/ break in or a freakin pre filter. The dealer could step up and make it right by giving this guy another quad. This might get him lots of good references and future business from a guy who sounds like he has money and a responsible adult. The dealer should hash it out w/ Suzuki. They sell and represent the product so work a little for crying out loud..

I had my 01 Raptor tranny go out 9 months after my 6 month warranty.. I called USA Yamaha and said I owned X amount of Yamahas. I am 37 and it's a known problem w/ second gears going out in 01 Raptors. It's all over the internet.. Of course they tried to down play it.. Now since I am 37 and can afford any bike I will base the rest of my 30yrs of purchases based on how you handle my tranny issue. Suzy, Kawi and Honda as well as HD all want my greenbacks. So what are you gonna do to get my future business??? They fixed my tranny. I paid for labor at 3.5 hrs for a total of 210 and I got a whole new tranny for free.. Yes I dropped the motor so I did do something.. Bottom line is the Raptor resolution will earn Yamaha future business from me.. Suzuki or the dealer could and should do the same for a machine that was flawed from the get go..

250r4life
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
I would be furious at the situation. Proper break in is pure balony. Warm it up and go ride which he did. Pre filter on a stock filter is non sence. He rode it for two hrs and it didn't run right from the get go. This has nothing to do w/ break in or a freakin pre filter. The dealer could step up and make it right by giving this guy another quad. This might get him lots of good references and future business from a guy who sounds like he has money and a responsible adult. The dealer should hash it out w/ Suzuki. They sell and represent the product so work a little for crying out loud..

I had my 01 Raptor tranny go out 9 months after my 6 month warranty.. I called USA Yamaha and said I owned X amount of Yamahas. I am 37 and it's a known problem w/ second gears going out in 01 Raptors. It's all over the internet.. Of course they tried to down play it.. Now since I am 37 and can afford any bike I will base the rest of my 30yrs of purchases based on how you handle my tranny issue. Suzy, Kawi and Honda as well as HD all want my greenbacks. So what are you gonna do to get my future business??? They fixed my tranny. I paid for labor at 3.5 hrs for a total of 210 and I got a whole new tranny for free.. Yes I dropped the motor so I did do something.. Bottom line is the Raptor resolution will earn Yamaha future business from me.. Suzuki or the dealer could and should do the same for a machine that was flawed from the get go..

im with ya... and i totally agree...

however, its suzuki we are talking about...

i would snap if i had to have my brand new bike welded on, or have the engine rebuilt... anybody that says a rebuilt engine is better than a new one is on crack...

Quady
12-05-2006, 11:42 PM
agree with that too "Finally" that is very convincing

250r4life
12-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Quady
agree with that too "Finally" that is very convincing

what?

dunkin racer-x
12-08-2006, 01:51 AM
I can say this .. I own one of each dunkin racing leagers trx250r, trx 450r , yfz450, ltr450, and well I do race and were Race is a little xtreme ..i'm track champion for the past 4 years running . and well the 250r takes it in a stride easy to work on in a pinch it cost less to repair if some thing bad happends to it and i can most times repair it in no time .. but the new 450s are nice and if you do you pretive matanice on them most the time there good to go very few times have i seen them just give up the ghost at a race unless they have been just beat down . but when they do give it up and you have to repair them be ready for a bill a big bill its no were near as cheap to fix one of those as it is to fix a 250r so in a way the 250r dose win out right . now for the ltr450 is a hole other story . i broke it in two peices . and i owned it less then a week and it was broke in right . it just totaly gave it up on a jump . it broke the frame in 2 peices in front of the swing arm and it ripped out the output shaft of the trans it totaled every thing motor and frame every thing was wasted . but i give suz props they gave me my money back payed for my hospitol bills and then i bought a yamaha yfz 450 witch i have now and its had a problum too. but nothing really bad it was just the carb was bad and the had to warranty a new one . but other than that its been pretty good . i do know at the shop were i go there are 16- ltr450 with bad problums some warranty some not. mine was the worst i'll wait a year or 2 and then get another one . now both hondas do great and so has the yfz 450 . no problums out of any of them yet i'm waiting to see the new kaw 450 too i'll look it over and if i like what i see i'll buy one and try one of those out too ..

Architects
12-08-2006, 02:47 AM
**** happens. I cracked my frame with only a few rides on it. It took almost 2 months to get the problem resolved. Be patient

rummerd
12-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Is it just me, or can anyone understand what dunkin racer is trying to say?

trick250r
12-08-2006, 08:30 AM
If I bought a used quad, and it died on the first trip--that would be misfortune.

The problem here is parts were not assembled correctly. That's a training/hiring skilled labor issue.

Sounds like we need stronger consumer protection laws regarding the selling of new atvs.

Let's just review the circumstances so far:
Suzuki failed to assemble the atv properly.
Suzuki failed to stock the necessary spare parts in the country.
Suzuki failed to do anything to try and satisfy the customer.

An extended warranty doesn't cost them anything if they believe in the quality of their work. If they believed the atv would be "better then new" after all this repair, they wouldn't hesitate to throw one on the atv. If they don't believe in their own product--why should I?

well i hate to say it, but the LTR was rushed onto the showroom floor. if im correct, im almost 100% positive however, there has to be at least 700 units on showroom floors around the country before a quad can be legal to race in the GNC NAT's. suzuki built the bike to compete on the national circuit because the z-400's that they had build just couldnt cut it. what did they do, they built a bike for motocross. suzuki just needed the LTR to put JJ and digger on for the NATS... these bikes would later be completely worked over by factory mechanics. basically what im saying is that you bought a bike that was intended to be completely re-worked for a single activity. and you cant say that im wrong in this case because if they wanted to do more than just MX with it, it wouldnt be 49in wide. you can also say that suzuki claims that its race ready... any serious racer (suzuki's target consumers) is going to mod it out. thats a fact. i cant see any pro-am riders or a class riders racing seriously on a stock machine. you bought a high performance machine that is also high maintenence... tough luck. quit whining.

noworries
12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
My translation:
He races, track champion for last 4 years
He totaled a ltr on a jump after owning it less then a week.
Suzuki gave him his money back and paid his hospital bills.
He rides a yamaha now.
The shop he goes to has 16 ltr450s with bad problems--some warranty some not.

So I guess if I turn pro I might get some customer service outta suzuki... otherwise I'm SOL.

Latest news is I might get my ltr450 back on Saturday.

250r4life
12-08-2006, 09:25 AM

So I guess if I turn pro I might get some customer service outta suzuki... otherwise I'm SOL.

Latest news is I might get my ltr450 back on Saturday.

pretty much...

and, so what was the verdict with your bike then- what ended up happening?

MXracer16
12-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by dunkin racer-x
I can say this .. I own one of each dunkin racing leagers trx250r, trx 450r , yfz450, ltr450, and well I do race and were Race is a little xtreme ..i'm track champion for the past 4 years running . and well the 250r takes it in a stride easy to work on in a pinch it cost less to repair if some thing bad happends to it and i can most times repair it in no time .. but the new 450s are nice and if you do you pretive matanice on them most the time there good to go very few times have i seen them just give up the ghost at a race unless they have been just beat down . but when they do give it up and you have to repair them be ready for a bill a big bill its no were near as cheap to fix one of those as it is to fix a 250r so in a way the 250r dose win out right . now for the ltr450 is a hole other story . i broke it in two peices . and i owned it less then a week and it was broke in right . it just totaly gave it up on a jump . it broke the frame in 2 peices in front of the swing arm and it ripped out the output shaft of the trans it totaled every thing motor and frame every thing was wasted . but i give suz props they gave me my money back payed for my hospitol bills and then i bought a yamaha yfz 450 witch i have now and its had a problum too. but nothing really bad it was just the carb was bad and the had to warranty a new one . but other than that its been pretty good . i do know at the shop were i go there are 16- ltr450 with bad problums some warranty some not. mine was the worst i'll wait a year or 2 and then get another one . now both hondas do great and so has the yfz 450 . no problums out of any of them yet i'm waiting to see the new kaw 450 too i'll look it over and if i like what i see i'll buy one and try one of those out too ..

Duncan isn't spelled with a "k" or an "i". Personally, because of the misspelling, I think your lieing. If you dont know how to spell a major companies name that you have on 4 of your so called quads, then you shouldn't be riding. Unless Dunkin racing is a company I've never heard of...

Sandgod4
12-08-2006, 02:47 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

4TraxRider
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Duncan isn't spelled with a "k" or an "i". Personally, because of the misspelling, I think your lieing. If you dont know how to spell a major companies name that you have on 4 of your so called quads, then you shouldn't be riding. Unless Dunkin racing is a company I've never heard of...

I second that.

250r4life
12-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
I second that.

would you say i 3rd? :huh

450rJam
12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
well with a 2nd and a 3rd, thats 2 more b.s. calls than he has posts.

he must have a pretty good lawyer to get them to pay for medical bills also.
must have proven they gave him a faulty quad on purpose or something.

TTZ450
12-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I fourth the "DUNKIN" call....LOL

noworries
12-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
well i hate to say it, but the LTR was rushed onto the showroom floor. if im correct, im almost 100% positive however, there has to be at least 700 units on showroom floors around the country before a quad can be legal to race in the GNC NAT's. suzuki built the bike to compete on the national circuit because the z-400's that they had build just couldnt cut it. what did they do, they built a bike for motocross. suzuki just needed the LTR to put JJ and digger on for the NATS... these bikes would later be completely worked over by factory mechanics. basically what im saying is that you bought a bike that was intended to be completely re-worked for a single activity. and you cant say that im wrong in this case because if they wanted to do more than just MX with it, it wouldnt be 49in wide. you can also say that suzuki claims that its race ready... any serious racer (suzuki's target consumers) is going to mod it out. thats a fact. i cant see any pro-am riders or a class riders racing seriously on a stock machine. you bought a high performance machine that is also high maintenence... tough luck. quit whining.

You gotta be kidding me!!! So how about a disclaimer when I buy the atv that said "This atv is for racing only, will be high maintenance, and not reliable." and I woulda walked away right there.

No where, in no way, was this ever communicated to me. If it had, I wouldn't have bought it--plain and simple.

When I researched before I bought, everyone said that EFI and the suspension were the bomb--and now that I have one--all I read is about how unreliable they are.

$@*#&@*#@*#&!@!@!

250r4life
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
You gotta be kidding me!!! So how about a disclaimer when I buy the atv that said "This atv is for racing only, will be high maintenance, and not reliable." and I woulda walked away right there.

No where, in no way, was this ever communicated to me. If it had, I wouldn't have bought it--plain and simple.

When I researched before I bought, everyone said that EFI and the suspension were the bomb--and now that I have one--all I read is about how unreliable they are.

$@*#&@*#@*#&!@!@!

you gotta be kidding me!! you really expect suzuki, or any other dealer for that matter, to make such a disclaimer... youve got to be kidding me...

now who exactly did you expect to communicate that to you? the salesman who is trying to make comission off of your sale? suzuki who has invested tons of money in producing this bike? ltr owners who have just dropped 8k in a bike? im not sure where you did your research, but i've heard of problems ever since this bike came out... and i didnt go looking to hard either, as i will never be in a market for a suzuki- i learned about them many years ago...

do i think it is cool or right that you dropped a bunch of money on the bike, only to have a bunch of problems with it? of course not... however, youre partially to blame also...

1st- you should know that you should not buy the 1st year of anything, and you should know that if you do, you run the risk of being a test dummy... the 1sts raptors had horrible trannies, and it took them several years to fix the starter clutch... but even if youre new to the quad realm, this should be common sense... whenever something new is brought out, or something totally revamped, stay away for a bit... duramax has had all kinds of trouble with injectors... fords had tons of problems after switching away for the 7.3 powerstroke... so again, you were the one who paid 8k to be a test dummy... no only is this a completely new bike, but is also one of the 1st bikes with FI. who knows how that will turn out... i tried to talk several my buddies into staying away from the 06 raptor... luckily, so far they havent had any problems with them...

2nd- dont beleive everything you hear or read. i dont know where you did your research, but try getting it from sources who dont have hidden agendas... you feel like such a victim here and that you are at no fault whatsoever, and dont want to feel stupid for buying the bike when it has proven unreliable- that same thing drives current owners with problems not to post the truth... theyve invested a lot of money into the bike, and dont want to feel dumb for doing it... so wether it is on purpose or suconciously- they want to feel better about their purchase and therefore you will not always get straight answers...

250r4life
12-08-2006, 10:22 PM
ps- now i think its ridiculous what happened, and i would be irate also, but...

noworries
12-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Well, you can say "You shoulda known better!!" all you want if that makes you feel better--but it doesn't do anything for me.

If this thread saves one person from buying a problem quad like this suzuki--then it was worth all the flack from the negative nancys that hang out here.

rummerd
12-08-2006, 11:54 PM
You two make a cute couple. How long have you been married?

jason14x
12-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Okay ive watched this post for two weeks now.

Blaiming the bike is understandable but as someome posted I have seen LEMONS of every brand Quad, Bike, Car, Truck . etc.

The biggest problem here is your dealer. They are screwing with you . I personally would have called Suzukis represenatives immediately after being dicked around with by the dealer. Second I would have called the better business bureau, Third Its a bike designed for racing so its should hold up to some abuse . Laslty a Lawyer or the threat of a lawyer(when needed ) gos a long way .

Now as far as slamming the machine. Im gonna defend Suzuki. Did it have some frame issues? Yes it did but so did the Yamaha, its first year. Do you honestly think the Kawasaki is not gonna have some problems that come up ?? The honda had some frame crackin issues its first year as well . The Yamahas were also known to drop bolts inside the cases the first year as well.

All In all Im saying is everyone thinks they know best ......NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING . and not every situation is commonplace . I hope this works out for you good luck. Im sorry your Suzuki was a lemon

Oh and yes I do own one . With the proper maintenace ( not much more than anyother high performance machine) It Has run through a whole race season , numerous practices and so far has not given me one problem whatsoever !!! I had the frame welded clean my air filter look over the bike bolts and nuts , tighten things that need tightening . Ive owned Suzuki Quadracers since I was 15..im now 35 and with the proper routine maintenance that should be done on ALL bikes Ive had One just ONE mechanical DNF during a race in 20 years

Jason

Good luck and keep us posted.

noworries
12-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Do you have any suzuki contacts other then brea? Brea is not sympathetic at all. I've called, faxed, and written them. It's like talking to a wall. "We're very sorry your atv had a failure. We are doing everything we can to get it fixed for you as provided in the warranty."

Yeah, I could get lawyers involved, but by the time you consider just lawyer expenses I'm sure it would be cheaper to just sell the atv for a loss. Why pay $2000-$3000 in lawyer fees to get $6200 back when I could sell it for $5500 and only lose $700?

I'm supposed to pick it up today. What's the closest area to ride from OC for a day trip? I might try and get it out Sunday to start the break in again.

The fact that an extended warranty is all profit--and they won't even give me that--it's like a slap to the face

jason14x
12-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I am sorry they havent been very helpful.

After reading things honestly It sounds like your dealer gave you a very good screwing. Dealers charge a fee and are supposed to do a prep on the machine prior to purchase.

The other thing was what was the final outcome of the repairs? Did you have to pay? What was broke ? And Have you told Suzuki all about it. As Far as the warranty you should still be able to purchase it as long as the original "factory" warranty hadnt expired prior to the problem.

All in all I wish you luck . Usually your dealer helps you obviously this dealer has goten too big and thinks that since the sales been made screw you, thats too bad . But I would continue to bad mouth them if they didnt take care of you...word gets out if a dealer doesnt back their products or take care of their customers .

Good luck and its too bad this happened....believe me when the frame thing was happening I was freaking out but I know people who had complete replacements of frames and repairs when the recall and Issue was discovered. I am surprised Suzuki didnt take care of this .

Again keep us posted .

Jason

noworries
12-09-2006, 02:05 PM
It was supposed to be done today, but now I'm told Monday. :mad:

rummerd
12-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Your quad broke, it's being fixed under warrenty. Sorry it broke, but quit whining and wanting "something for nothing". Its being fixed just like the warrenty requires it to be. They don't owe you anything other than that. If you were not such an A hole about the whole thing from the beginning, your dealer might have tossed you a bone. Now, probably not.

250r4life
12-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Well, you can say "You shoulda known better!!" all you want if that makes you feel better--but it doesn't do anything for me.

it doesnt make me feel better- i dont feel bad in the 1st place... i dont own a suzuki, and dont think they make very good bikes... you just need to quit acting like such a victim...

250r4life
12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
It was supposed to be done today, but now I'm told Monday. :mad:

so- several people have asked what ended up being the outcome- what'd they do, what was really wrong with the bike, etc... and the fact that you have never answered makes me suspicious that there is a little more to the story than what you have said...

MXracer16
12-09-2006, 09:21 PM
What I wanna know is how the piston hits the spark plug.

noworries
12-10-2006, 04:08 AM
so- several people have asked what ended up being the outcome- what'd they do, what was really wrong with the bike, etc... and the fact that you have never answered makes me suspicious that there is a little more to the story than what you have said...

How the hell am I supposed to know the outcome when I haven't picked up my quad yet?

From the paperwork I was given:
http://www.blindcombatants.com/images/piston.jpg

I'm hoping to be able to post a parts list, and post a pic of the parts that were damaged when I go to pick it up. As far as what was really wrong, I don't know a whole bunch. Like I've already said, first the guy tells me that the spark plug was smashed because the guy at the factory dropped it. Then I was told that the piston was hitting it because it was loose. Then I was told that a piece of the piston broke off and that's what smashed it. I figured I'd wait until it's done before asking them any more questions about it--since the story kept changing.

noworries
12-10-2006, 04:17 AM
Your quad broke, it's being fixed under warrenty. Sorry it broke, but quit whining and wanting "something for nothing". Its being fixed just like the warrenty requires it to be. They don't owe you anything other than that. If you were not such an A hole about the whole thing from the beginning, your dealer might have tossed you a bone. Now, probably not.

Something for nothing? That's what the dealer got. They got my money--and I got a whole lotta nothing.

jason14x
12-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Guys why are you bashing him? His Quad broke and he wanted it fixed . I dont think any of you would be too happy If you bought a brand new machine and this happened either give the guy a break.

And personally I think after being given the initial run around by the dealer he had every right to be an a-hole. Sometimes being nice doesnt get you anywhere

As far as the wanting something for nothing Im not gonna read every post on this so i dont know what you guys are talking about but as far as bashing him because his quad crapped out give the guy a break!!

Jason

jwpaegel
12-10-2006, 09:23 AM
i have had suzuki bikes and quads for years and never had a problem, its all on a personal level--its what you like and everyone has there own brand the like. Dont forget we are all here for one reason to RIDE!!!!!!!

rummerd
12-10-2006, 09:56 AM
If your dealer sux, which they do, you should have discovered this during your "research". You don't need the internet for that. You should be demanding to see your motor torn down, to see the defective parts, rather than letting them tell you something that is obviously BS. Perhaps the setup monkey let something into the intake tract when he lubed the filter. I think something fishy is going on with your motor, but it appears you would rather stomp your feet and try to get an extended warrenty for free. Bottom line, piston cannot hit the spark plug. If the plug had mechanical damage, then something other than fuel/air was in the combustion chamber. That is what you should be trying to find out.

250r4life
12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by jason14x

As far as the wanting something for nothing Im not gonna read every post on this so i dont know what you guys are talking about but as far as bashing him because his quad crapped out give the guy a break!!

Jason

it took a long time for me to, what you consider "bash" him... and i have not bashed him for his quad crapped out... i let him have it a little bit for acting like a kid and saying "well if somebody woulda told me these were good bikes and that they werent reliable" i woulda walked away right then... be a man and take a little responsibility... i think it sucks big time that his bike is broken, however, i can only take so much whining. he went and bought a 1st year bike, and he went and bought a suzuki, who in my eyes doesnt make the most quality bike as it is...

step back into reality!!!!!! in a perfect world this wouldnt happen and all companies (quads, trucks, etc...) would have all the bugs worked out before they sell them. a- this is purely impossible as who knows what will happen with prolonged use and b- theyre never going to put that much effort into trying to test every little thing...

so, what does a smart and logical man do that wants to hedge his risk against premature failure and problems? he sure doesnt go buy a 1st year machine!!!

OutCast
12-10-2006, 04:35 PM
If it wasn't for people buying first year machines, there would be "no new machines". Someones got to do it! How is anyone going to know whether or not they are worth buying? I give everyone here credit that bought one! When I'm in the market for a new atv, it will definitely be a LT-R450.

250r4life, you haven't contributed anything positive to the suzuki section of the forum. Why do you insist on hanging out here and arguing with everyone about an ATV you care nothing for?

noworries, I hope everything works out for you? It's too bad you had to go through so much trouble on a new ATV. I'd be emotional about the whole deal also.

250r4life
12-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by OutCast
If it wasn't for people buying first year machines, there would be "no new machines". Someones got to do it! How is anyone going to know whether or not they are worth buying? I give everyone here credit that bought one! When I'm in the market for a new atv, it will definitely be a LT-R450.

250r4life, you haven't contributed anything positive to the suzuki section of the forum. Why do you insist on hanging out here and arguing with everyone about an ATV you care nothing for?

noworries, I hope everything works out for you? It's too bad you had to go through so much trouble on a new ATV. I'd be emotional about the whole deal also.

i realize the neccessity for people to have "the latest and greatest" thing, and that is why they buy the 1st year... however, that is because there ego and desire to have the latest and greatest supercedes their fear of getting an imperfect product... most people realize they buy it with risk...

Outcast- you havent contributed anything positive to the earth in the course of your life- why do you insist on haging out here?

i guess i hang out here to try and help guys like "noworries" get an impartial review, because apparently you suzuki guys cant be trusted to give a fair evaluation, and thus he is in the perdicament that he is in...

AL Elks
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Wait a minute now.

I give totally impartial reviews. If there is a problem with the LTR I point it out. How much experience do you have with the LTR?

Have you looked at the YFZ forums or the Honda forums. They too had/have problems like any other bike.

If I had it to do over again I'd still purchase the LTR. Now if Honda had stepped up to the plate and improved their 2007 model I might change my mind because I was a hardcore Honda fan for years but they didn't.

New machines with better technology benefit us all as it forces the competition to step up to the plate. Yea the bugs have to be worked out but that's whey there are people like me and others who bought the first year.

rummerd
12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
250R4life is impartial, I like that. Best joke I have heard in quite some time.

250r4life
12-10-2006, 11:11 PM
when did i ever say that honda and yamaha didnt have their problems?

i didnt go buy any of those in the 1st years they were out either...

and no, i wouldnt say that i am impartial when it comes down to suzuki- i have a predisposition to beleive that suzuki and polaris products arent top quality... based off prior experiences and knowledge... thats not to say i cant be convinced otherwise, but the LTR sure hasnt done it... but i will say that you guys are impartial in your positive ratings of suzuki- that is what i was referring to...

i dont doubt that the LTR has the best suspension and handling out of the bunch... it does have the weakest motor out of the 3 though.

between yamaha and honda i am impartial though... and i sincerely beleive they are a step above others, such as suzuki and polaris...

PeeWee21
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Hmm...i guess it's alright for a Honda to have bad crank bearings and blow up but not Zuki? I get so sick of Loyalists its unreal. They all have problems and you say that you know "ALL" MFR's have problems but your blaming Zuki for being lesser than the others? Um....a problem....is.....well.....a problem!!!! Yammies catch fire, Honda's breaks cranks and Zuki's blow up.....but if the Honda breaks a crank and it BLOWS UP it's still a good bike but OH GOOD GOD Zuki does it and call the Better Business Bureau!!! Please, your soundng very hipocrytical. Ive seen good and bad in every one of the Big 4's ATV's.....problems happen to ALL of them.

noworries
12-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Latest news from the dealer. They've got all the parts except for a pin that connects the rod to the piston. It's supposed to arrive today. They said they are replacing the entire top end.

So the new estimated completion date is tomorrow. (It was supposed to be last Sat, then today, now it's tomorrow)

rummerd
12-11-2006, 12:17 PM
In your earlier posts, you claimed to have a great deal of knowledge about engines. It is quite apparant that you realy don't have a clue. Have you actually seen the damage yet? If you haven't, what are you waiting for? Entire top end? Cylinder, head, camshafts?

noworries
12-11-2006, 01:26 PM
In your earlier posts, you claimed to have a great deal of knowledge about engines. It is quite apparant that you realy don't have a clue. Have you actually seen the damage yet? If you haven't, what are you waiting for? Entire top end? Cylinder, head, camshafts?

If you're asking me what part I'm waiting for, I was told it was a pin that connects the rod to the piston. That was in my post!

If you're asking me why I haven't gone down to see the damaged parts,
I have asked to see them when I pick up the quad. I plan on taking a pic of them and posting it when I get back, as well as a list of the parts replaced. I see no advantage to wasting half a day and the gas to go see the damaged parts without picking up the quad.

From an earlier post of yours:
How the hell are they going to give you the Pro Pack early?
I was referring to suzuki doing that--not the dealer!

What you've posted in this thread is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

rummerd
12-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Lol. At least you still have your religion.

dunkin racer-x
12-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow .. So testy on this web sight .. Also I only have (duncan) on one quad ..my,, trx250r.thats the motor . sorry for the spelling missteaks .. I normaly just spell it that way because of my screen name .. sorry .. people .. It was 3:30 am too that didnt help ether ..

250r4life
12-12-2006, 10:47 AM
wutz yor ekskuse theiz tieme?

rummerd
12-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Now I have to admit R4life, that was funny. U hafe a grate cents of huemer.

250r4life
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Now I have to admit R4life, that was funny. U hafe a grate cents of huemer.

:D

05Z400rdr
12-12-2006, 01:36 PM
wutz yor ekskuse theiz tieme?

jus let him alone...y do u have to be such a smart*****...u really know how to trash threads... did u ever say 1 "good" thing bout Suzuki and the LTR? go bug people in other threads

250r4life
12-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
jus let him alone...y do u have to be such a smart*****...u really know how to trash threads... did u ever say 1 "good" thing bout Suzuki and the LTR? go bug people in other threads

you need a tissue?

noworries
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Now it sounds like it might not even be ready today. :mad:

250r4life
12-12-2006, 02:58 PM
unfortunately, sounds like your dealer just sucks... and unfortunately, a lot of dealers really suck... i know of dealerships here in Phoenix that are just horrible for customer service and just keep giving people the run around...

quadfamily
12-12-2006, 03:07 PM
hey guys let's quit the bickering and keep this thread on topic. thanks!

MXracer16
12-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr

Just let them be, they were actually starting to get along. As for Dunkin Racer, I still dont believe him unless he shows pictures.

250r4life
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by MXracer16
Just let them be, they were actually starting to get along. As for Dunkin Racer, I still dont believe him unless he shows pictures.

knight rider
12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
hey i didnot read all of this thread but id just like to say u were at glamis alot of sand the air filter design on the new 450 sucks *** it doesent evin compare to hondas enyway i blew my bike up 3 times in under half a year mind u i race but i took it to my suzukie dealer cuz they did all my service work for free for sponsorship justa thought mike

AZ_TRX400EX
12-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Just let the dealer do their job and work out the freebies at the end.:devil:

noworries
12-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Dealer called at closing last night to tell me it was ready. I wasn't about to sit in evening traffic to go get it, so I went today. I asked the manager, "Will you be there tomorrow at 10am when I come to pick it up?" "Yep!"

Showed up at 10am. Manager wasn't there. They say "Here it is, take it for a test drive." It won't start. So they take it back and fiddle with the idle. Now it starts.

Road it around and it seemed ok. It's still hard to start. My used 03 quads both start up easier then the new one. I'm going to take it out this weekend before deciding if it needs to go back in the shop, and if it does, I'm going to ask Suzuki which dealer to take it to. I'm certainly not taking it back to these guys.

So here's the parts list from the repair order:
Head Assy, Cylin
Gasket, Cylinder
Cylinder
Gasket, Cylinder
Ring set, piston
piston
valve, intake
valve, exhaust
qty 4 seal, oil
1 oil filter
1 pin, piston

3 hours labor

Here's a pic of the damaged piston. That's the only part they had to show me.

http://www.blindcombatants.com/images/piston.JPG

The piece that broke off is at the 4-5 o'clock area.

knight rider
12-13-2006, 09:14 PM
haha thats funny it finnaly happend to someon else but me i did that with 3 motors until suzukie sent me a new one in a crate and the whole wireing harness and evrything id had so many problems with it i almost burned the thing hope it work out just keep buggin the dealers trust me it works

dunkin racer-x
12-13-2006, 11:31 PM

Look at may web page . on the other sights and my screen name on aol .. All the quads are there . And some of the places i ride aswell . the track I race at as well is motoland .. It's 2 and a half mile from start to start . here is my 250r .. leagers a-arms ,works shocks with reservoirs, tripple rate springs (front & rear ) leagers rear swing arm ,lsr (lone star racing rear axle & bearing carryer twin row) goodridge brake lines lsr front hubs (anno-red) prm bumpers and skid plates ,fmf pipe gold fatty , duncan power dome 18cc dome bored 20 over & ported runs on 105 octane 32:1 ,and more ,, but there is one

dunkin racer-x
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM

dunkin racer-x
12-14-2006, 12:10 AM
In the one picture of the 2 quads the trx and the yfz . the yfz was brand new I had just got it from the shop . It was out on it's brake in trip .. And for the record I do own them . and if you still dont beleave me come to my shop in calumet city il and see them on my shop floor at city cyclery . Also if you want to see the track I race at go to www.motoland.com .

rummerd
12-14-2006, 09:30 AM
OK, Noworries. Your piston broke, and took out the cylinder, head, etc. Without looking at the piston, its hard to say why it broke, but if it never ran correctly, it could have been cracked at the ring lands when you got it. Sorry it happened to you. After a rebuild, the machine always runs like crap for 10 min or so, just let it run and take it easy, it has to burn out all the assembly lube. I think you will be happy from here on out, if you don't trust it, you should buy the ext. warrenty although I think if you work directly with suzuki, they will help you out with it.

noworries
12-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I got a call from Suzuki today following up on the repair. They are also offering to extend the warranty, which is nice. I'm not exactly sure if they are extending it 1 year, or extending it to 1 year, but I guess I'll find out next week. I told them I'd let them know how it rides this weekend. If it's still hard to start then it will have to go back in the shop.

No worries rum!

250r4life
12-14-2006, 01:17 PM

lets analyze this real quick... so youre the track champion 4 years in a row huh... on that 250r? with bald 87 tires? right.... i hate to tell ya but im not buying a whole lot, and anybody can come up with some random pics of other peoples' bikes...

also, in this post you say "the shop where i go there are 16 ltr450s with problems"... THE SHOP WHERE I GO... and then later on on other posts you say "and if you still dont beleave me come to my shop in calumet city il and see them on my shop floor at city cyclery " (as if anybody over the internet is going to go to "your shop"...)... now wait a minute here... one day you go to a shop, and then a couple days later you own a shop and all these bikes are just chillin on your showroom floor?

dunkin- YOU LIE ALMOST AS BAD AS YOU SPELL!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

noworries
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm sure everyones tired of this thread but I can't see starting a new one.
UPS pulls up with a big box with Suzuki on it. I'm thinking "YAY! Part of my propack is here!" It's the canopy.
So I pick it up off the porch and think "Hmmmm, seems kinda light." Open the box and there's the yellow/blue suzuki canopy, and something that I'm guessing is a carrying case for it, but no metal canopy!

So I call suzuki... again... I'm surprised they don't recognize my voice yet. So they give me a 800 number to call. So I call it, and it's a wrong number!

I must have ran over an indian burial ground on a suzuki or something. Is there some kind of desert cleansing ritual I need to do? How can anyone one person have such terrible luck?

450rJam
12-14-2006, 03:09 PM
its not spirits or luck, its a bad choice..........

but its not too late to learn from your mistake,
next time ride red, buy honda

I use to ride suzuki but after I found a good deal on a honda I gave them a chance, I have 2 dirtbikes and 3 quads now
(all honda)

250r4life
12-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
its not spirits or luck, its a bad choice..........

:D :devil: :D

MXracer16
12-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Look at may web page . on the other sights and my screen name on aol .. All the quads are there . And some of the places i ride aswell . the track I race at as well is motoland .. It's 2 and a half mile from start to start . here is my 250r .. leagers a-arms ,works shocks with reservoirs, tripple rate springs (front & rear ) leagers rear swing arm ,lsr (lone star racing rear axle & bearing carryer twin row) goodridge brake lines lsr front hubs (anno-red) prm bumpers and skid plates ,fmf pipe gold fatty , duncan power dome 18cc dome bored 20 over & ported runs on 105 octane 32:1 ,and more ,, but there is one

Just thought Id let you know, thats an AC bumper. Also, your shock in the back is not a tripple rate.

dunkin racer-x
12-14-2006, 09:54 PM
lets analyze this real quick... so youre the track champion 4 years in a row huh... on that 250r? with bald 87 tires? right.... i hate to tell ya but im not buying a whole lot, and anybody can come up with some random pics of other peoples' bikes...

also, in this post you say "the shop where i go there are 16 ltr450s with problems"... THE SHOP WHERE I GO... and then later on on other posts you say "and if you still dont beleave me come to my shop in calumet city il and see them on my shop floor at city cyclery " (as if anybody over the internet is going to go to "your shop"...)... now wait a minute here... one day you go to a shop, and then a couple days later you own a shop and all these bikes are just chillin on your showroom floor?

dunkin- YOU LIE ALMOST AS BAD AS YOU SPELL!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Well there there not 87 tires on that quad for one there 90's and for 2 you are going to ride your race tires in the trail? you maybe but not me I'll run my old ratty tires . keep my good tires for were they belong (the track ) and yes so i dont like to say what and were i own because most people want something at a deal and i'm not into that > and besides who are you your not even a blimp on my radar screen .. so buddy dont hate the player hate the game ..

dunkin racer-x
12-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Just thought Id let you know, thats an AC bumper. Also, your shock in the back is not a tripple rate.

Yes i know the rears are not tripple rate .Also the that front bumper is a ac baji bumper with the light mounts cut off .the nerf bars are ac though

jason14x
12-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Glad to see you guys kept this post going in the right direction...Grow up and just drop it.

Baracudaaa
12-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Yes i know the rears are not tripple rate .Also the that front bumper is a ac baji bumper with the light mounts cut off .the nerf bars are ac though

Oh Sh*t, this guy is starting to sound a LOT like 'hard one'. It all starts with getting busted in 1 lie, then the whole wall starts to crumble.