PDA

View Full Version : Taking off foot pegs

Woodrowbt
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Trying to take off my foot pegs to install some pro armor nerf bars.......jesus it is hard to get them loose.

I have stood up and jumped on the allen wrench trying to loosen it up some. not budging

It is counter clockwise to loosen those bolts right?

thanks for the help

11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
lefty loosy righty tighty...i bought an alan head socket and used a cheater bar to get mine off...some of the best 5 bucks i ever spent

Hondabeefast
11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
It tried for an hour to get mine off until i used a cheater bar.LOL

miller821
11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
lefty loosy righty tighty...i bought an alan head socket and used a cheater bar to get mine off...some of the best 5 bucks i ever spent That's what I used also... But man they are so long and put in their so tight that it wears you out... I'd say when you put em' back in just do it to where they are snug, thats what I do for now on.

Woodrowbt
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
jesus that was a pain.

got em off....had to use a damn pipe i found in my garage.

Then the pro armor nerf bars didn't mount up exactly so i had to flex them while trying to get the peg bolts back in....

man am i TIRED!!

those peg bolts wore me the heck out man...

but my bike looks so nice now with them :)

trx400EXtreme
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
it seems like any nerfs u buy NEVER fit. mine did the same thing as well as everybody else im guessin.

Old Head
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I had the same problem with my pro armor nerfs too. Wasn't real far off but just enough for to let out a few curses. Probably cause i was putting them on when i got home from work and on an empty stomach. Most nerfs probably don't fit perfectly due to the frame tweaking from riding over the years. The companies take a new bike for their measurements not ones that have seen a few too many jumps and whoops.

PismoLocal
11-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I bought some tusk nerfs and they fit like a charm ;)

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Dang...I hered a rattle the other day and my peg bolts were loose:scary: :huh

jokester
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I must have been lucky on my pro armors then....mine went on easy for the most part, the only trouble that I did have was that I put the mount for the pegs upside down the first time, so I had to take it back off and flip it around, but otherwise mine went on awsome. Besides it taking me like an hour to do since it was dark and my only light was a small mag light I was using....lol

tar
11-29-2006, 03:30 PM
My AC's mounted up perfect.