PDA

View Full Version : After market exaust

trxridr
11-28-2006, 01:58 PM
i have a 05 4ooex and was wondering if i should put an exaust on it. is it really worth the money?
i ride alot but mostly trails. if anone could give me sugestions that would be great.

11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
well if u ride in places that the noise doesnt matter go 4 it and if u want more power then go 4 the pipe, if u do get a pipe get a full system the slip on gives u power but not as much as a full system yoshimura,big gun,dg, hmf,curtis sparks those r all good pipes pzzz

Kaleigh
11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
for trails a full exhaust is great for bottom end.. but if you are in highspeed (more top end) trail go with a slip on..

try just taking out the core of your stock exhaust and see if that helps enough..

250exkid
11-28-2006, 06:23 PM
they both said it im with a sparks full systme

2004exrider
11-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
for trails a full exhaust is great for bottom end.. but if you are in highspeed (more top end) trail go with a slip on..

Im pretty sure its the other way around, just a slip on will give you bottom end. A full exhaust will help with more mid-top.

Jimmy

400eXr1d3rZ
11-28-2006, 08:04 PM
A slip-on would be great for you, don't get Sparks if your looking for a bottom-end pipe, sparks is more of a mid to top pipe. HMF, on the other hand, is a great ''torquy'' pipe and should DEFFINITLY the perfect pipe for trails.

Kaleigh
11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
Im pretty sure its the other way around, just a slip on will give you bottom end. A full exhaust will help with more mid-top.

Jimmy

you could be right.. but me and my buddy both have 400ex's and he has a slipon T4 and I have a full T4 system and i have more bottom end then he does..

yes they are both setup the same..

400eXr1d3rZ
11-28-2006, 09:04 PM
you could be right.. but me and my buddy both have 400ex's and he has a slipon T4 and I have a full T4 system and i have more bottom end then he does..

yes they are both setup the same..

You're talking about two different quads. You're used to yours, he's used to his. The only way to really determine who has more torque on a dyno.

trxridr
11-29-2006, 04:45 AM
thanks guys i will definatly look into it

Kaleigh
11-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
You're talking about two different quads. You're used to yours, he's used to his. The only way to really determine who has more torque on a dyno.

yes but same models.. both 400ex's the only thing different is headpipe.. but what does him being used to his have to do with anything..we're not dragging.. i ride his and mine.. mine has more pull in the bottom and when i ride his.. his has more pull near mid to top..

250exkid
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
is a sparks x-4 on a 250ex torquey cuz iv hered there just as good if not better then the HMF full. if theres any difference between em its a hair difffernce. but is it torqey

DEVINF450R
11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
IMO any engine builder's exhaust is better than the other companies, but only if you have engine mods. if you have a stock bike then go with white bros. or HMF. Exhaust companies gear their systems to get max hp out of a stock bike, engine builders make theirs to complement engine modification (high comp. piston, over bores, and so on)

but I really really like my sparks full system...

trxridr
11-30-2006, 02:29 PM
can i but a slip on first and if i feel i need more buy the pipe

DEVINF450R
11-30-2006, 02:41 PM
you can with HMF and White brothers for sure

400exstud
11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
yes but same models.. both 400ex's the only thing different is headpipe.. but what does him being used to his have to do with anything..we're not dragging.. i ride his and mine.. mine has more pull in the bottom and when i ride his.. his has more pull near mid to top..

You've got it backwards. In may cases a headpipe on a stock motor may even cause a loss in low end.

PS: They are two different bikes. My friends 400ex has always been more powerful than mine. I know he didn't do anything to it because I picked it up from the dealer for him.

Kaleigh
11-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
You've got it backwards. In may cases a headpipe on a stock motor may even cause a loss in low end.

PS: They are two different bikes. My friends 400ex has always been more powerful than mine. I know he didn't do anything to it because I picked it up from the dealer for him.

ah ok.. i see what you mean by 2 different bikes.. i didnt think of it like that.. sorry for my ignorance.. so the best way to test headpipe would be to my own machine..

again.. sorry..