PDA

View Full Version : Starting questions

450rcrazy022692
11-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I have a 2004 450r and I'm curios to know why it randomly will throw the kicker up extremely hard. Idk if im the only one that get beaten up by my kicker but i manage to somehow. Also do you think its worth spending 600 on an elctric start.

rlplive
11-28-2006, 02:15 PM
It is probably kicking back because you are giving it gas while you kick it. DO NOT give it gas while you kick it. If it's cold choke it and tap the throttle wide open a few times before you kick it. Should fire right up.

keller45
11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
I know they have an automatic decompression valve to keep it from kicking back. If it doesn't with out giving gas it might be something in there

accorracer
11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
don't take your foot off the kicker until it fires up or reachs the end of the kick start stroke

or it will destroy your shins

accorracer
11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by keller45
I know they have an automatic decompression valve to keep it from kicking back. If it doesn't with out giving gas it might be something in there

the decomp is only there to release the compression from the cylinder so that it is even possible to kick it

the decomp has nothing to do with keeping it from kicking back

300excrazy98
11-28-2006, 02:44 PM
The thing is the more i give it gas the harder it kicks up. And its not i take my foot off the kicker and it hits my shin i follow through and its like when the piston goes up the kicker isnt releasing the starting gear and it goes up and it broke my foot and freinds nose from looking down and it shot up and his leg hit him in the nose.

lumi
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
opening the throttle will def cause some bad kickback and sooner or later depening how hard it kicks back can break you side cover and clutch cover..... like said follow threw up to the top and try to take the hit with ur bottom of ur foot.... but no gas should solve the problem a whole lot.

i like my e-start... not sure if i would pay 600$ extra for it i paid in thought like 200$ cuz kicker model and e-start model for 06 have a 200$ difference.

good luck

-lumi

Sjorge450R
11-28-2006, 05:58 PM
no gas while starting!!! I learned the hard way. It came up so hard when I had shoes on, my doc thought I broke my ankle. Got x-rays and everything, nothing broke but its still sore and it happened over a month ago...lol