PDA

View Full Version : ATV Rack

RidinRed420
11-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Does anyone have an ATV Rack for the back of their pickup?

It is installed on top of the bed, and holds 2 ATV's, and then there is still room in the bed of the truck.. I have only seen them on-line, they don't sell them around here.

I was just looking for some input, from someone who has one.

I am thinking about getting one instead of a trailer. That way we could take the 2 quads and the boat.. And we wouldn't have to deal with a trailer if it was just the 2 of us.. And there would be no worries of blowing a trailer tire.. It seems like it would be the way to go.

It seems like it is REALLY high to be backing a bike with no reverse down.. Like it? Dont like it?

trick250r
11-28-2006, 08:31 AM
ive seen people at nascar races who've brought their golf cart on something like that. looks like a good idea to me.

Hornbreaker
11-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't have one yet. But a few weeks ago I talked to a guy that had one mad by DiamondBack Truck Cover. He had a short bed truck with two 4x4 atvs side by side. We got to talking about it and he said he loves it, he had it about 3 months with no trouble at all. Told me to check them out on there web site to see where there dealers should be close to me. He also said that backing them off is no problem just set the ramps in the locks and backup. The web site is www.Diamondbackatv.com I took a look and found 7 dealers in my area. I hope this helps you out.

250r4life
11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
you mean something like this? :D

RidinRed420
11-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
you mean something like this? :D

yea! like that! do you like it? how easy is it to install/uninstall?? that one you can ride up one side and down the other, i thought you needed a longbed for that.. but it looks like it just hangs off the end a little bit.

RidinRed420
11-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Hornbreaker
I don't have one yet. But a few weeks ago I talked to a guy that had one mad by DiamondBack Truck Cover. He had a short bed truck with two 4x4 atvs side by side. We got to talking about it and he said he loves it, he had it about 3 months with no trouble at all. Told me to check them out on there web site to see where there dealers should be close to me. He also said that backing them off is no problem just set the ramps in the locks and backup. The web site is www.Diamondbackatv.com I took a look and found 7 dealers in my area. I hope this helps you out.

thanks, ill check out that website later when i have a little more time.. i haven't been to that one yet, hopefully i can find somewhere around here that sell them!

250r4life
11-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by RidinRed420
yea! like that! do you like it? how easy is it to install/uninstall?? that one you can ride up one side and down the other, i thought you needed a longbed for that.. but it looks like it just hangs off the end a little bit.

i love it... however, mine isnt one you can buy from a company. i had my buddy make it for me... i think it is a better design, and it cost me a fraction of what the companies charge...

mine has for legs that go to the bed, and of course it somewhat sits on the rails when loaded... it also has 4 pegs that go into the four holes in the corners of my bed to keep it intact. and then i tie it down with tie downs to my bed... anyway- it is easy to install and to take out- just takes 2 people. why i like mine is you can ride it up one side, and down the other- there is no backing them down, as that wouldnt be cool. actually, i had my 12 foot ramps design with a lot of camber to them, so it wouldnt be too bad at all... it only needs to hang off the bed a few inches off the back, but i am nowhere near close to hitting my trailer when i jackknife it... i have inches to spare...

Hornbreaker
11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I saw two dealers today & they both said it would cost me around $2,800 for the whole setup. thats for a shortbed truck. The long bed is about $2,400. I'm thinking of getting it after Christmas if I have any money left. That's the prices here on Long Island N.Y.

250r4life
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
man, i wonder what it could cost me to ship one over to you... knowing people pay that price, it is tempting to go into business making them... lets just say i paid considerably less for mine, adn i even paid my buddy from labor...

killed300ex
11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Id look into seeing if you can find a local metal fabrication shop Id bet they can make you one for alot less that those prices and it would probably be even stronger than the one you would buy.
Evan