PDA

View Full Version : Need info on big stroker engines!

trx440
09-14-2002, 08:26 PM
How big? Who do you like? [builders] Looking for some opinions and experiences.
I currently have a CT 440 [race] and a Sparks X-6. I want more. Alcohol is an option. I am a duner now and will not be mx-ing anymore. I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. -RT

Big - D Racing
09-14-2002, 09:23 PM
Check out www.fourstroketech.com they build a 500ex stroker kit. Chad Duvall races it professionally. They say it's pretty reliable, and really freaking fast!

cannondale55
09-14-2002, 10:47 PM
NOS!!!!!! and a turbo!!!!

Nausty
09-14-2002, 10:52 PM
tc racing also makes a 505 stroker I think.

09-15-2002, 10:02 AM
For Dirt Only in Johnstown OH makes a pretty mean 493 and the price isn't too bad either

trx440
09-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey Guys,

Are these east coast engines GNCC only? I want a rev-er. More horsepower on top and overall. What's your opinion, remember I ride in the dunes. Please don't tell me I ned to buy another quad, I want to fix this 1 up to do what I want. Money is no object. -RT

Bean
09-15-2002, 03:36 PM
alcohol or nos or turbo charger, double the power of the 440

cannondale55
09-15-2002, 03:43 PM
turbo=65hp

Big - D Racing
09-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Don't run turbo or noss your engine won't last for more than a year. Get the 500 kit. I ride in the dunes at glamis all the time. If you want to be the top 4 stroke out there get the 500. It has reliability and a crap load of top end hp along with the usuall bottom end. Call fourstroketech they'll tell how much horse power they can get out of that kit. Prepare to buy atleast a plus 2" swingarm, I'd go with a +4". That's how much power you'll have.

redrider ex
09-15-2002, 04:10 PM
chris came and rode with us this weekend at wolf pen gap and he has a fourstroketech 500ex that is insane and it was very fast ,there was a rapter with the alien pipe on it and it didn't have a chance .

FullBore52
09-15-2002, 04:20 PM
Have Sparks build you a 505 or 465. Run it on alcohol, and kick some arse. Tell them what you want, and they will build it, at a price though.....or you could try Fletch Trick (http://www.fletchtrick.com), which is who built mine

09-15-2002, 05:20 PM
I know the For Dirt Only one is too much power for any kind a trails. It would be great for the dunes, call Mike @fdo 740-967-1078

Chris400extreme
09-15-2002, 06:51 PM
if oyu are worried about top end power in the dunes, the fst 500 will get you there. i have a 16tooth front sprocket and when i throw on the sorry sand shark paddles it just spins them so hard it doesnt really do any good till i get going. it has the juice you want. fst builds a good motor and it is reliable. TC has had chadexer's motor for like a year he is still waiting as far a i know. supposed to be a good motor also. if you get it you wont be dissapointed. tou will need the fcr39 or 41 along with it and gear it up a little.. mine will do 74 in the 1/4 mile drag and still hit 71 in the 1/8th mile drag on pavement. hit me back with any questions

trx440
09-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Chris,

Couple of questions.

1. What is the bore?
2. Do U replace the entire crank? what's the stroke?
3. How does your bike run on alcohol compared to the FCR?? What's the additional HP ya think?

I've got a million questions. Hope U don't mind.
-RT

FullBore52
09-15-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Chris,

Couple of questions.

1. What is the bore?
2. Do U replace the entire crank? what's the stroke?
3. How does your bike run on alcohol compared to the FCR?? What's the additional HP ya think?

I've got a million questions. Hope U don't mind.
-RT

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

1. The bore is 90mm I believe.
2. Yes, and its a 7mm crank.
3. My bike made roughly 8 horse more on alcohol with an FCR41 as the alcohol carb....that would have put my bike into the 65 horse range on a dyno....

Your going to love whatever you do. Drop a 6mm into your 440 and your at a 472....thats what I had...then I seized a piston (Some jackarse left my fuel barrel open outside for a month....rusty water/fuel mix went into my motor for about a month....) and was at a 483 after the bore and new piston....

ChadEXer
09-16-2002, 08:36 AM
I think FST makes a fast motor but everyone knows Chad Duvall has had a few problems with his motor. Yes Tom has had my motor for 6 months but thats what happens when you send your motor at the beginning of race season! In my opinion Tom has the fastest motor for the best price! Tom built my 505 including a pipe and carb cheaper than just the motor build from FST!!

Dave400ex
09-16-2002, 08:46 AM
I would go with TC, Sparks, or FST in that order.

stupid driver
09-16-2002, 09:04 AM
if sum1 dont mind, how much will 1 of these stroker engines cost. like give me a cupple engine builders, and a price for them. thanks

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 10:47 AM
TCs 465 stroker is UNREAL......i couldnt imaginea 505. the 465 pulls EXTREMELY HARD!!! And it also gets there super quick. Ide go with TC personally, cause ive had nothing but GREAT luck with all of his stuff, and in my book, its the best out there.

ChadEXer
09-16-2002, 01:05 PM
I have heard that there isnt a faster EX out there than Cody Jordans TC 490!! Until now:D I am considering going ahead and getting a complete drag chassis and running it on alcohol!! Im gonna see how it flies for a little while the way it is now!!

knighttime
09-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
I think FST makes a fast motor but everyone knows Chad Duvall has had a few problems with his motor. Yes Tom has had my motor for 6 months but thats what happens when you send your motor at the beginning of race season! In my opinion Tom has the fastest motor for the best price! Tom built my 505 including a pipe and carb cheaper than just the motor build from FST!!

Yeah but there is a price to pay in time with him havin your engine for over a half a year. I'm not sure u got such a good deal now.

09-16-2002, 02:17 PM
I am telling you guys call For Dirt Only he has great turn around time.

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 03:03 PM
like he said......he sent it to him at the beginning of the race season. Almost any BIG engne builder like TC is like that. But i garuntee when he gets it back it will be worth the wait!!!

09-16-2002, 03:11 PM
sell it and buy something bigger or a 2 stroke...400ex strokers are expensive to build and u can get more hp out of a 2 stroke for cheaper. since ur duning a banshee, lt, or a 250r would be good.

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 03:57 PM
a stroker kit isnt any more than going with a 330 big bore or a a 400 banshee pv kit!! And how many times do u have to rebuilda 4 stroke compared to a 2 stroke. Still cheaper to go with the 4 stroke he has then get a stroker kit. The TC crank gos for about 550. But u have to give him yours. Which isnt a bad deal at all!

ChadEXer
09-16-2002, 03:58 PM
These guys are right For Dirt Only and FST could probably build your motor faster than TC, but ask yourself why, maybe because TC has 3 times as many motors on his doorstep than the others,,,for some reason everyone is sending their motor to TC,,,,,,huh I wonder why???? Also TC does ALL his work by himself because he doesnt trust anyone else,,,,at least i dont have to worry that some kid getting paid $6 an hour isnt porting my head!!:)

09-16-2002, 06:57 PM
Chad you are right I too believe that TC is the best 4stroke motor building out there. I think that TC is in leage of his own when it comes to building motors. Now considering the fact that it may take him six months or longer to do your motor and that he is not the least expensive out. If those 2 things do not bother you I would say deffinatlly go with his motor. But if you want your motor back in a reasonable time without paying an arm and a leg. you need to look at some other alternatives. I know the people at For Dirt Only personally and I know that mike does every bit of the motor work by himself. Noone else will touch your motor while it is there. I will also tell you that the reason he does not have a big wait is because he does not advetise in the mags of by sponsoring any top riders. If he were to do so I am sure that he would have a very long wait too. I know his work first hand and I think his power to reliablity ratio can only be matched not out done. as for the other company that was mentioned in this post that is also abreviated with three letters they have a very good big bore out right now, but there reliability in the past has been sub par. As for the $6 an hour port I have heard of this from another ohio motor builder not to mention any names because i do not know it to be true first hand. i am done rambling know because i have no idea what i even started out to say.

Chris400extreme
09-16-2002, 07:21 PM
i have had mine for about around 6 months and i have had 0 problems with it. in fact it runs better th more i ride it, or so it seems. fst does all his work alone, just him doing the work and his wife doing the paper work.. at least that is what he told me when i spent plenty of time on the phone with him. if he isnt reputable then i dont know who is. i tried like hours on end to get through the busy signal to find out things from him. so nobody can call anyone less reputable, so far on what has been said here on this post. if oyu wanna race and see if it will hold out, all i have to say is bring it cause i have full confidence in my rides ability to not let me down.

later.

P.S. hey chad pm me and let me know if oyu find anything out on your motor yet.

and by the way how do almost everyone know about the reliablity of these motors when you dont have one? just a thought!

Dave400ex
09-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Man all this talk about Engines and TC makes me want to call Tom and get his 425 XC Motor. I am ready for more Power. But then again I could list off so many things I want, it would take forever. lol :macho

trx440
09-16-2002, 10:40 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the replys. It's been real helpful. I have'nt been to this site in a couple of years. It is SO much better than ATVCRAPNECTION.
I am fortunate enough to have a machine shop to do the split, bore, press, etc. so all I need are the parts. Hopefully I will be able to find someone in the office over the next week or so.
I'm really excited about making a "freak" out of this bike. I like to beat the guys I'm not supposed to at the drags @ Glamis. Plus, I built this bike how I wanted to; it fits and it's NEVER let me down. Selling it would be like selling a family member.

One last question?

Are the compression rates real high on these packages or do the run them at modest levels to ensure reliability? I'm @ 12.5:1 now and like I said, have had 0 problems so high compression doesn't really scare me. Just curious.
Thanks fellas, -RT

Dunlap
09-17-2002, 07:57 AM
Chad,

You have all the right to state your opinions but you won't get away with lying. You need to back up your statement about Chad's motor having problems. Chad has had zero problems, along with all my other riders that are running 500's. We run the cross-country series to prove our motors last longer than anyone else's. I don't try to build the fastest motors and if you take a poll on these forums of how many people want motors that last and how many people want the fastest motors, you will find that the majority want motors that are plenty fast but also last so they get the longevity. We have run Chad's motor without hardening the rocker arms this year experimenting with how long they will last with our secondary oil cooler pumping the cold oil directly into the head. So far we have had no problems with rocker arm failure but I still recommend hardening them. You sent your motor to TC because you didn't want to wait for me because I told you I didn't know how long it would take. It's hard for an engine builder to give exact turn-around times when you are the only one who does the motor work, port & flow, bore & hone, etc. Tom is in the same position that I am along with Curtis Sparks and the other top engine builders. Having said that, I can't tell you how many 500 motors I have built this year due to Chad's success in the GNCC series.

knighttime
09-17-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
Chad,

You have all the right to state your opinions but you won't get away with lying.

I totally agree. It is a problem though that a lot of B.S. gets put on these forums. Chad has been slingin' it out. I hope it stops.

oynot400
09-17-2002, 08:33 AM
When I started to think about the stroker idea I did some research. There are some companies out there that offer shortened rod stroker kits. They can sell them cheaper that way, but they are not the way to go. With a shortened rod it put pressure on the thrust side of the piston. Resulting in excessive wear. Now with a long rod stroker (stock length rod) it will hold the piston at TDC longer resulting in more power. :devil
There are some other technial info to go along with it. I talked with Mike at For Dirt Only and he was more than happy to explain it to me and I am sure that he would tell you all about it also. He strokes his to 7mm and 13:1 compression. You can get either a 463, which is a 426 bore with a 7mm stroke or a 493 which is a 440 bore with the 7mm stroke. One of his engines won at the Ft. Dodge TT race in June and his engine put out the most hp one of the national mx races, I think Loretta Lynn's. I was very pleased with Mike and I can't wait until the end of the racing season so I can tear mine apart. :D
I am sure that Sparks, TC, or FST would do you a good job also. But I liked FDO turn around and price.
Good Luck......

Extremeracer167
09-17-2002, 08:46 AM
Well FST has gotten the nickname of Mickey Onelap at the GNCCs. Sure u can figure out why. The only guys that i know of that are holding there engines together are his top dogs Duvall, Macri....etc.

Im running 11:1 in my TC 425 and never had any problem!

465Stroker
09-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Extreme,
You should start listing facts with your allegations. I do not know of anyone within the last 2 years that Mickey has been involved in the GNCC's of having any trouble with there motors. You seem to base most of your allegations on rumors - not facts as far as I can see. I myself have been using TC for the last 4 years in GNCC racing - with good luck myself - as have some others using FST, FDO, Curtis, etc. But there are others out there that run TC, FST, FDO, and Curtis that have had nothing but trouble. Usually it is the person preforming the regular maintenance on these race motors: wrong oil, wrong oil level, wrong torque specs, letting it idle for 10 minutes (cam wear), starting it up and revving it to the moon before the oil is warm, etc. I can guaranty you that Tom Carlson would not appreciate you talking trash about other engine builders. I would suggest you think a bit before you speak - I know you have been driving me crazy reading all of your senseless posts lately.

ChadEXer
09-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Mickey,
Your point is correct and i should have stated the reason for me saying this, of course we have all heard the Mickey Onelap over and over and also, I dont pay any attention to all the GNCC's or any other pro level racing at all so i dont know what happens but A good friend of mine stays on top of them and last time I talked to him he said Chad Duvall DNF'd at the last 2 races he went to(this was a while back,). Now if this is correct or not i dont know but I, as well as many others have heard some bad things about your 500 big bore so i guess i "assumed" it wasnt the most reliable. Honestly i have no idea. This was wrong of me and I am sorry.

I have talked to a few people that have said your 500 has had problems, like I said I have no idea if this is true or not but for some reason I have been seeing your name(and Chad Duvalls) a lot in the magazines, so you must be doing something right.. My opinion stated that caused this confusion was merely the opinion of other people I heard it from, again Im sorry Mickey.

GNCCer, you say Tom costs an arm and a leg, well thats not true, no i didnt call For Dirt Only, but I did call every other engine builder out there and Tom was cheaper than all of them. He is building my motor with a pipe and carb for the same price or cheaper than just the motor build from all the others!!

Knighttime Please put me on your ignore list because im tired of your childish replies, i dont see where you fit anywhere in this conversation so please stay out of it!

Chris400Extreme, your not that far from me so as soon as i get things rolling were going to have to go riding together! Tom will be back the 28th and my chassis and everything else is just about done so I should be riding the first week of next month, i just hope it isnt already too cold by then!

Dunlap
09-17-2002, 10:39 AM
Chad,

Thank you for your reply - all is forgiven. I only get on here to make sure the facts stay straight. You were misinformed and that's what happens when we listen to gossip. The 1st race Chad had his machine set up for cross-country and not big sand whoops as far as suspension goes. The 2nd race he got stuck in the 1st corner in a pile up, worked his way back up from last to 6th before hitting a tree and hurting his wrist and that was his only DNF. The 3rd race he crashed 3 times in the first lap and worked his way back up from last to 7th. After that he moved to the Pro Production Class and has won every one except for Loretta's where he thought he missed part of the course on the 1st lap so he went back and did that part of the track twice and stopped to tell the track marshall just to make sure he did everything right so he ended up 2nd.

I don't know who you are but if you give me your machine # and name I will be sure to look you up at Mt. Morris and you can explain to me in person the basis for your opinions. Everyone gets on here and talk the talk but I like to talk to people in person. That way there are no misunderstandings and you can look someone in the eye when you talk to them.

To the rest of you, thank you for your support.

Extremeracer167
09-17-2002, 12:09 PM
I said it was what i heard! I dont know, they guy asked what we knew, and i told him what i HEARD! I never said....I have mickey Dunlap stuff and it sucked. Becuase i know it doesnt suck, becuase honestly Brad Macri prob. has one of the fastest engines ive seen. So if everyone who read my post took it to heart, which i hope everyone didnt becuase i said it is what i heard. Then ignore it. Because again it was rumor!!!

Extremeracer167
09-17-2002, 12:41 PM
stroker,
Do u think what i care what u think about me? Not really, this is an OPEN FORUM and i can state my opinions how i please. Sure it was a rumor what i heard about FST. I never ran the stuff, so again i admit it was a rumor and everyone that took it to heart should know that it was just a rumor. I dont come on here to make ppl mad, but i also dont show up and make some ********* post about ppl being senseless! They are my opinions, and u have no right to crticize me for it!! I dont really care what TC thinks abou tme either, he never helped me out in any way, and im sure TC doesnt care what i think abou thim either. I get my performance, he gets his money simple as that!! If u are one of his sponsored riders, big deal! I will apologize to Mickey for writing what i did, becuase i guess it isnt true. But like i said b4 u come on here and try to be a jerk, simply maybe send me a personal message and let me know instead of being unprofessional about it and come on here ranting and raiving to try and sound like such a good guy that gets along with every engine builder in the world!

PS like i said its an OPEN FORUM, and u companis have to realize that ppl are going to say bad stuff. If ppl wanna say bad stuff abou tmy bike shop...big deal, it happens everyday, u just have to go on with life. U can please everyone! Atleast Mr. Dunlap had the decency to approach me in a proffesional manor instead of coming on here and acting like an A-hole

10-01-2002, 12:32 PM
I think Extreme was right with what he heard. What happenned to Chad DUvall at high point?? If u are such a big time builder, and well respected builder like u think you are, why do u have to come on here and defend yourself all the time?? I never see anyone from LRD, Sparks, TC, or any of those other companies coming on here to defend themselves. I also just read your post when u accused that guy of copying your oil cooler. Thats a little rediculous if u ask me!! Patenting an OIL COOLER, damn talk about trying to make a buck. Instead of coming on here and trying to make youself sound like some wonderful inventor, becuase u changed the mounting on some car cooler, to make it fir onto a quad, maybe u should spend the time and make the products u do sell better. ANd let your reputation clear up on its own, without saying a word. I personally will never buy any of your products, becuase now i can tell that u are just money hungry like most other companies. I know i will prob. have 8000 ppl raping me now becuase i spoke badly of four stroke tech, but someone has to say it. U come on here and attack someone becuase they doubt one of your products. But what do u expect when your products fail?

bmf400ex
10-01-2002, 01:17 PM
well while we are pissing on companies, i can say **** LRD Performance.

oregonrider89
10-01-2002, 01:38 PM
I had Powroll in OR. build mine and I can't complain. They have alot to say about fourstrokes, they've doing it since '64. Check them out!

http://www.powroll.com

oregonrider89

10-01-2002, 02:04 PM
Yeah i think POWROLL is one of the better companies out there as far as customers go!! They will give u any spec u want, when most other companies want to keep things a secret!! I also like TC racing. The guy is hard to get ahold of, but he knows his stuff!!

ChadEXer
10-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Tom is very hard to get ahold of! He takes a while to get your motor back but yet all the good engine builders do! Tom definately knows his stuff!! He said i will have my engine for sure by Fri the 11th, Ill be sure to let you guys know how it is!!!

10-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Chad,
What all were u looking at to get this kit done?? I mean as far as stroking it. I take it its the 120 over, but did u ahve any tranny work done????

DEAL
10-01-2002, 03:18 PM
Mickey
I talked to a guy who is running an FST oil cooler (I'm not sure about his user name on this board) but he had nothing but good things to say about it, I might end up picking one up in the near future because they sound great.

Dave400ex
10-01-2002, 03:28 PM
TC all the Way! :blah

ChadEXer
10-01-2002, 03:30 PM
You know, I really dont know what all Tom is doing,,,I called him up and said I wanted the fastest damned 400EX in the land and he said 505,,,,,,,I said its on the way!!!

Extremeracer167
10-01-2002, 03:45 PM
well atleast i dont feel so bad about how i feel now. Well put youdomeiohuwon!!!

10-02-2002, 06:53 AM
mickey is not out here to defend himself or his products. He's a member out here and has been for some time,,every now and then he'll throw in some good helpful info and answer's questions that stump most members. And if somebody bashes him he has a right to defend himself,,some of you guys kill me..:rolleyes:

Pappy
10-02-2002, 07:51 AM
hehe....i have a list of racers that are having problems with mickey's engines ...........and they all happen to be finishing BEHIND them:eek: :D hammr down mickey ...keep makin'em fly:D

Dunlap
10-02-2002, 12:14 PM
youdomeiohuwon,

I didn't want to come back on here and I was going to ignore your post but it's people like you that give the Internet a bad name. First of all, the Bible says "pride goes before the fall" and I proudly got on here a couple of weeks ago and boasted how we have never had a problem, not only with Chad's bike, but with any of the other 500's I have built over the last 3 years. On top of that, I told Chad right before the race I didn't care if we DNF'd the last 3 races because we have had such a good year. God does have a sense of humor! As far as the oil cooler situation goes, I constantly get people ordering oil coolers and then sending them back because they think they can build something cheaper. I don't mind this so much. However, I don't like it when people buy my stuff, copy it and then sell it to make a profit. They do it out of their basement or garage which doesn't have any overhead so they can sell it cheaper. To me, this is just immoral. I said what I did even though everyone knows it's not something you can patent and I am sorry to insult the intelligence of the other members of this forum by my remarks. As far as testing my products, this is why we have a race team that has both amateurs and pro's on it and even utility racers. The best place for us to test is on the track and we spend a lot of money and time doing so. The GNCC races are the toughest and hardest on both engine and suspension components and that's why we choose this racing to ensure we give the best performance and longevity possible. However, they are mechanical beasts and they will have problems. The engine builder has the toughest job out of any other part on a 4-wheeler and I challenge anybody who gets on these forums to make an engine run stronger and last longer than what I have. When you have done that, then you can criticize me.

10-02-2002, 12:33 PM
i will criticize you all i want. U are the one that trys to sell everything for an arm and a leg. And believe me, i am not the only person that has heard ppl call u mikey onelap. I dont care what ppl on this site think about you, some of tem prob. praise you, and some of them think of u the same way i do. But now that u just admitted that u lied to everyone, to try and make it sound like your stuff is so advanced and blah blah blah that u had it patented, screw that. Im a consumer, i have the right to state my opinion. Also, im sure u started off as one of those basement workers that got ideas off someone else. Everyone does. And dont tell me and everyone else that everything that u put on the market is something that u completely thought of yourself, because thats crap. So if it is immoral for those guys to make stuff out of there basement becuase they dont have some big bike shop, then im sure u are immoral too for some of the ideas u put out. Because u put out hardened rockers, cams, stuff like that, that i know for a fact u didnt CREATE on your own. Im sure u got some of your specs from other engine builders. Thats all i ahve to say

Castor-426ex
10-02-2002, 12:46 PM
well if you know so much about it why dont you have the following or the business that he does??

no need to be harsh

UglyMotha™
10-02-2002, 12:48 PM
this is getting good, i think i'll stay and have a couple cold ones

Dunlap
10-02-2002, 12:57 PM
I knew it was a mistake to get on here and try to talk reasonable with an unreasonable person. Everyone can see exactly how you are by your posts. You apparently have a problem with me, so give me your real name and phone number and I will call you to talk about it.

10-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
I knew it was a mistake to get on here and try to talk reasonable with an unreasonable person. Everyone can see exactly how you are by your posts. You apparently have a problem with me, so give me your real name and phone number and I will call you to talk about it.

Doh...:eek: Were waiting for your reply youdocallmehun..:blah

440sparks
10-02-2002, 01:19 PM
I have the top end cooler on my Sparks 440 and love it. I'd also like to thank all the engine builders out there that I got info. from over the past year. The first was Mickey Dunlap. He got me started in the right direction.
I do suggest that anyone having a big bore or stroker built to just stay with one builder. That way if anything does happen they can help you resolve it.

Extremeracer167
10-02-2002, 01:26 PM
oh my.......this is.....interesting.

Sorry, didnt mean to start this.
I think u need to relax Youdomeohuwon, we all have our opinions!

10-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167

I think u need to relax Youdomeohuwon, we all have our opinions!

Are you the same extremeracer we've all grown to love..:confused: :huh

10-02-2002, 01:32 PM
i dont think i have to leave me name or phone number. I have sound reasons for my opinion. And for u to try and cover it up by saying...."i told chad i didnt care if we DNFed the last 3 races becuase we have had such a good season" that doesnt mean squat to me. I have nothing against chad or anyone else that rides for you, i just think its a bunch of BS that u come on here and have to defend yourself all the time, and try to tell everyone that u patented a dang oil cooler. Some ppl prob. like your stuff, but personally i wouldnt spend a dime on it. U can come back all u want and talk about me all you want, and threaten by asking my phone number and blah blah blah. But face it, u just have another person out there that doesnt like your stuff. Get over it!!!

Im gonna go now, see if i can get a patent on a new set of handlebars that have a millimeter higher bend the renthals, see if i can make a buck on it!

10-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Damn did somebody pee in your wheaties this morning or what?:confused: I've yet to see mickey defend himself in this thread,,,I"m guessin somebody with his motor is spankin your butt at the races and your not happy???:confused: I'm just confused on why your hate toward Mickey is outa control...:huh

10-02-2002, 01:56 PM
no actualyl i dont race at all. But i jsut think its a bunch of bull for him to come on here, brag about a damn oil cooler, then accuse someone else of COPYING A PATENTED PRODUCT. its an OIL COOLER!!!!! its not like it is something brand new to the ATV world. PPL have been putting bigger, or extra coolers on 400s for a while. My neighbor is one of them, and its been on there since about...a year after they first came out!! so for him to try and take credit for something like that....yeah it pisses me off!!!! And then it proves that he lied about it, he admited it! Yeah.....talk about taking the sport to a higher level....one of the "top notch" engine builders just admitted that he lied about the patent. Why does everyone ahve to be out to make money off EVERYTHING!!!!??????

UglyMotha™
10-02-2002, 01:57 PM
yep......i'm still here throwin em back

oynot400
10-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by youdomeiohuwon
i just think its a bunch of BS that u come on here and have to defend yourself all the time,
Soooo, we can't defend ourselves anymore? :huh
It sounds like to me that someone wants the last word. :blah
UglyMotha, pass one of those cold ones over here. :D

Pappy
10-02-2002, 02:23 PM
Why does everyone ahve to be out to make money off EVERYTHING!!!!??????

its the american way.....and since no one i know of does or makes a living using the barter system of trade i belive you need to reconsider your choice of words.

as far as patented products go.....if it went through the patent office then it is original. maybe close but different enough to warrant a new patent issued by the U.S. patent office.

and it may be wise for you not to post your name or address ......the statements you are making are very close if not slanderous. im quite certian mr. dunlaps lawyer would enjoy a look or two at your statements.

and in common grace....you cannot win an arguement by argueing from a particuliar to the general....sorry but anyone who has spent a lil time in law school will gladly tell ya that;)

Extremeracer167
10-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Yeah pass me one too!! This is gettin a lil crazy!! I know i make alot of ppl pissed about what i write, and for once im gonna say...youdome......u betta settle. I had my run in with FST, although i still may not be thr first in line to buy his stuff....just let it go...u got your point across.

GNCCracer
10-02-2002, 02:59 PM
youdomeiohuwon,

Man, having a bad day or what? You come on here and say things about the way a man makes his living, and you expect him not to say anything to defend himself. I'm sure if someone from this message board came on here and said that the way you do your job wasn't worth a crap then you would be a little mad also. Then, Mickey calls your bluff and asks to speak to you man to man over the phone and you start this BLAH, BLAH, BLAH stuff. I realize you are entitled to your opinion, and I'm sure Mickey realizes that to, but when you say things like you have, I think it is only fair for him to try and defend himself. He admitted to all of us that he made a mistake about the oil cooler and he should have not said the things he said. Now, give the guy a break. I know for a fact that there are hundreds of Four-Stroke Tech motors out there that have not had any problems. You never here about those motors, you know, the ones that won 3 National Championships in the GNCC series, plus the overall at the Kentucky round this season. It's always the one motor that has problems that you here about. Oh well, I guess that's just the nature of the beast. Just calm down man. It will be OK!!

Extremeracer 167,

Aren't you the one who's was just on another message board talkin trash about all the people over here at EXRiders.com.
Maybe you and youdomeiohuwon should head over to that other board and talk crap like you have. I bet people will stand-up for themselves over there also. Sorry, I forgot, that seems to make people mad around here.

Extremeracer167
10-02-2002, 03:05 PM
hey man i apologized about that stuff. And i just wanted to raise some hairs to try and get a race going between the two forums. And most of the guys over there will tell u that also. But there for a while everytime i posted something, ppl would jump al over my back, so yeah i was mad for a while. BUt like i said, i apologized for that stuff. and dont bring me into this arguement, i already apologized to mickey. wether he accepted or not...i did?

Dave400ex
10-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Yeah we can all tell you don`t like Mickey. That`s your opinion. I`m sure some Guys wouldn`t get anything but FST. Some Guys like Sparks, some don`t, some like TC, some don`t. Choose whatever Engine Builder you want. We don`t care. We are here to give you suggestions. And you keep getting on here defending yourself to whatever Mickey says. Mickey has a right to defend himself. Mickey`s prices are also not that bad. Look at what Sparks is charging. If Sparks, FST, or TC can get away with making a bunch of money, all the power to them. Heck we all know Roll is doing a good job at that one. 12 grand for a Full 250r Frame/Shocks. That is nuts.....

Leo
10-02-2002, 03:56 PM
no actualyl i dont race at all. But i jsut think its a bunch of bull for him to come on here, brag about a damn oil cooler, then accuse someone else of COPYING A PATENTED PRODUCT. its an OIL COOLER!!!!! its not like it is something brand new to the ATV world. PPL have been putting bigger, or extra coolers on 400s for a while. My neighbor is one of them, and its been on there since about...a year after they first came out!! so for him to try and take credit for something like that....yeah it pisses me off!!!! And then it proves that he lied about it, he admited it! Yeah.....talk about taking the sport to a higher level....one of the "top notch" engine builders just admitted that he lied about the patent. Why does everyone ahve to be out to make money off EVERYTHING!!!!??????

<flame on>
The guy cares enough to stop by once and a while, often gives good advice.. and you've got the nerve to harass him?

If you actually saw the cooler, and how it operates it's more than just an oversized cooler.. but I won't try to explain the mechanics of it, I'd hate to confuse you...

He's out to make money because that's what he does for a living ... If your not looking to make money why don't you stop by and mow my lawn for free.. When you get sick of living in a cardboard box maybe you'll smarten up.
<flame off>

Mickey, thanks for stopping by.. Don't judge everyone here based on this particular person.. :)

Leo

Dunlap
10-02-2002, 04:29 PM
Of course I forgive you 167 and you don't have to worry about the rumors that I clothesline riders out in the woods and castrate them - that's just another vicious rumor that no one has been able to prove!

Dave400ex
10-02-2002, 04:33 PM
I don`t think any of the Pro`s would complain if you would happen to do that to Ballance. lol

redrider ex
10-02-2002, 04:50 PM
you crack me up:D :D

trx440
10-02-2002, 05:02 PM
WarriorMan,

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Udomeiohuwon,

Not everyone is looking to make a buck. Some people actually trade services much like your Proctologist! That IS where you came up with that stupid screen name, isn't it??

Bean
10-02-2002, 05:21 PM
yea, why does mickey even make motors, i mean, he is winnin wit chad D, and that z500 thing, but he must really suck, his motors break, OMG, EVERY SINGLE MOTOR GOES DOWN SOMEDAY, yes, even the god of racing, TC, SPARKS, LRD, ect break too, so get over it and lay off mickey, he is a good guy that wastes his valuble time on here with everyday guys with questions

Dave400ex
10-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Another good point, Chad is running a 500ex. A 100cc over bore is like asking for trouble I think, and it seems to be doing very well for as crazy as that motor is. Sparks had problems with his 505. We will see how the TC is when Chad gets his motor back. I would like to see the Horsepower numbers for that Z500.

ChadEXer
10-02-2002, 07:02 PM
I would like to know the Horsepower numbers for that Z too!! Do you have any Mickey????? i will be taking mine to Highlifter to the dyno as soon as I get back from Little Sahara with it!!!

quadfamily
10-02-2002, 09:38 PM
I'm sure Mickey's not going to lose any sleep over this guys comments (at least I hope not)!

10-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Its so sad how such a good thread gets completely turned to crap by one disgrunted and disturbed individual.:grr

Was interesting reading how some people have such trouble articulating themselves on a subject they seem so obsessed over:mad:

I have personally gained a lot of very good info from Mickeys posts and the Q&A here and can not believe that anyone no matter how messed up they are would try to discourage him from continuing to add valuable information to the exriders site. Yes by badgering the man to no end over basicly nothing is like chasing him away since who needs this crap.

Remember we are all busy (well most of us anyhow :rolleyes: ) and the time wasted with the BS could have been spent posting and reading good info on the pro's and con's of the big bore strokers.

While I dont think anyone wants to spend big money on anything you must remember that we all have a different opinion of "big money" so if you think that the builders charge too much then dont use their services but whinning about the fact that they are making money (weather you aprove or not) is a toatal waste of my and everyone elses time.

I have anly one prob with FST and that is what to do with my current decked cylinder since most all of the piston mfg's have addressed the piston height problem with the 440 kits and I am looking to up my compression with a new piston... any ideas?

And dont post your address or # I think there would be a group ride on your face.

PS Leo edit as you see fit as I dont want to get that certain person going again and I have added one more to the ignore list.

peace

Castor-426ex
10-02-2002, 10:49 PM
hey..lol thats the first time ie saw you flame leo.....kick *****!:D

10-02-2002, 10:54 PM
C'mon not leo what you thinkin?

You in competition with Jabber?

Leo
10-03-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
hey..lol thats the first time ie saw you flame leo.....kick *****!:D

I know, shame on me! I must have been in a mood when I got home from work.. ;)

Leo

10-03-2002, 09:14 AM
I know, shame on me! I must have been in a mood when I got home from work.. No shame needed you just said what needed to be said, and as you know this thread was getting crazy.

And is setting things straight a flame??:huh

mike flock
10-03-2002, 07:42 PM
WOW! Glad it ain't me on the **** list!