PDA

View Full Version : Dvx400?

DieselBoy
11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
What's the scoop on the DVX400? I have a couple questions mainly out of curiosity.

Parts - cheap, expensive, readily available?
Reliable?
Durable?
Good track record?

They're cheap to buy, and they might be okay for a toy. I'm not sure.

hawaiikfx400
11-27-2006, 09:57 PM
as im sure you know dvx and kfx 400s are clone bikes of the suzuki z400 i have a 06 kfx400 and i like it allot the fact that thier all the same ecept for the plastics and headlight on the dvx mean there lots of parts.i personally like the plastics on the dvx best they have removable racecut fenders and a nice look to the machine plus not allot of people are ridin em.if you can pick it up for a good price im sure you like it.if you dont like the plastics all trade yeah lol parts are about the same as most other 400s if not the same.maybe not as relible as the hondas 400 but still good and allitle more powerful.track record as i know is good have really herd too many bad things about the triplets.

sportraxkid
11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
They are the exact identical bike as a kfx400 of Z400 they just have different fenders. I personally think the fenders look alot better but are really cheap and the plastic mounts break off the bottom of them easy. Anything that fits a z400 will fit a dvx including pipes, suspension etc. My dad put a full HMF on his with a rev box, K&N with pro design adapter, and jetted it without the lid and it really woke it up.

DVXchic
11-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I loved my DVX, so much i owned 2. and yes the little plastic pieces break off the fenders but other then that i landed mine up side down a couple of times and the rest of the body held up awesome, Highly Recommended.

DieselBoy
11-28-2006, 01:15 PM
whats the verdict on the motor overall?

Select one:

Excellent
Good
They're alright
Not so good
Bad - alot of failures, and problems.
Terrible - nothing but a head ache.

Also, where would you buy arctic cat parts? i dont know of any AC dealers nearby, but im sure their are some.

sportraxkid
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
There motor's are great for what they are there a little more peppy then a 400ex and are dohc and liquid cooled. You dont need to go to a arctic cat dealer to get parts. All you need to go to is a kawasaki dealer or suzuki dealer. The plastic and headlight are the only things different. If you took off the fenders and plastic you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. All arctic cat did was get a z400 and change the fender and call it a dvx!

Rip_Tear
11-28-2006, 05:37 PM
two of my friends own them and they like them. I can't complain any major points, but here are the things I don't like about them...

The starter sounds horrible(but not a problem...)
The clutch feels werid?! (they seem to stall out way too easy)
Some develop a squeek from the park brake
Their not as easy to work on

I think thats it, and that is all compared to my basicly stock 400ex.