PDA

View Full Version : 450 v.s. 250r who will win???

2strokes4ever
11-27-2006, 08:57 PM
My girlfriends step sisters boyfriend has a yamaha 450 he thinks that he will smoke the crap outaa my 1986 250r on a straight away,I wanna know if this is possible his quad has basically stock engine,runs on 110, my 250r has hinson racing clutch,v-force 3's,hot rod crank,fmf sst pipe,fmf turbine core 2 silencer,bored all the way over ported polished,shaved head,read spacer,k&n airfilter,tag t2 handle bars,mair race cut plastic,rebel ceet cover,douglas black label rimes,on x-drive tires,dg front and rear bumpers,dg nerf bars, he told me that 450 will go 70mph!!!!!!!!
I LAUGHED FOR A GOOD 20 MINUTES AND SAID THATS IT?

IS THIS POSSIBLE?CAUSE i REALLY DOnt think so I told him i'd race for pink slips, seems I may have a new 450

wilkin250r
11-27-2006, 09:04 PM
The 450s are fast. If the only mods you both had were pipes, he'd probably take you.

As it sits, it's going to depend on your porting. If you have just clean-up port job, or a low-end port and pipe, he'll probably take you. But if you have a top-end port job, he won't even need to worry about eating your dust, because you'll be so far ahead the dust will have settled by the time he gets to it.

250r4life
11-27-2006, 10:53 PM
you laughed, but yet youre on here wondering if you should have... hmm... over half the stuff you listed has no relevance to speed whatsoever...

basically stock engine- what does that mean? if he has a cam in it, or has retarded the cam, and has a pipe and a filter, and is properly tuned, he could smoke the shiz out of you... or he could have just yanked the stock piston out and put in a high compression piston- why is he running 110?

also, it isnt so much as if you have a bottom end port job or a top end port job as it is the quality of your port job... a lot of it has to do with how well your bike is tuned im also... or how bad his is...

and of course the biggest factor of all is rider ability... i was at gordons well this past weekend with the YFZ in my sig, and i honestly dont think theyre were half a dozen bikes that beat me last weekend... i got smoked by a couple bad banshees, and there was an 04 yfz that was smokin fast, but... i dont think any of those bikes were ahead of me when we got through the whoops- they all pulled me afterwards...

i wouldnt be so anxious to offer up your pink slip if i was you...

ps- its better to go let your racing do your talking...

Originally posted by 2strokes4ever
My girlfriends step sisters boyfriend has a yamaha 450 he thinks that he will smoke the crap outaa my 1986 250r on a straight away,I wanna know if this is possible his quad has basically stock engine,runs on 110, my 250r has hinson racing clutch,v-force 3's,hot rod crank,fmf sst pipe,fmf turbine core 2 silencer,bored all the way over ported polished,shaved head,read spacer,k&n airfilter,tag t2 handle bars,mair race cut plastic,rebel ceet cover,douglas black label rimes,on x-drive tires,dg front and rear bumpers,dg nerf bars, he told me that 450 will go 70mph!!!!!!!!
I LAUGHED FOR A GOOD 20 MINUTES AND SAID THATS IT?

IS THIS POSSIBLE?CAUSE i REALLY DOnt think so I told him i'd race for pink slips, seems I may have a new 450

11-28-2006, 05:53 AM
and a few things people didnt mention is what is your gearing? what is his gearing? size of rear tires? weight? my R runs fine with 450s and my banshee leaves both in the dust, real bad

7 speed
11-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Why are you asking us?

You need to go race him and then come back and tell us.
Ethier bike can be built to be faster than the other.
The real question is. Is yours faster than his?

Do the best out of 5 and let us know.

You must be pretty confident if you laughed for 20 min.
So you had better win or you will get laughed at for 40 min.

11-28-2006, 07:49 AM
my 86 has a 310 top end with cool head ported and polished curtis sparks mx pipe and i eat ltr yfz and 450r all day long on sand but i cant beat them on dirt cuz all i do is spin i weigh 110 so i think u all know how that would go i can start off in 5th on dirt with my brand new mxr4 but on sand with good paddles u should be fine

2strokes4ever
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
I know alot of that stuff does not have relevence to speed I was just listing what I got,not sure why he runs race fuel,I just wanted everyones thoughts on it, I'm gonna race him on blacktop,right down the the road his quad is setup completly for the track,mines setup for speed, I just really hate fart boxes,and would like to show him the old R has a few more tricks up its sleeve,also my quad is pretty light its stripped to just what needs to be on there and thats it,no extra weight,my gearing is 14/33

If I WANTED A BATTERY AND A STARTER I WUDDA BOUGHT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2strokes4ever
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT IT'S THE
SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG

250r4life
11-28-2006, 10:41 PM
[B],also my quad is pretty light its stripped to just what needs to be on there and thats it,no extra weight,]

yah except for

[B]dg front and rear bumpers,dg nerf bars, ]

250r4life
11-28-2006, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2strokes4ever
[B]my gearing is 14/33 QUOTE]

better hope its a long race...

250r4life
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
so you never said what was done to his bike... does he have a pipe, and if so what kind...does he have an aftermarket cam, or has he retarded the cam?

who did your port job? what was it ported for? what piston is in your bike? what carb?

250r4life
11-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SLOWPOKE33
my 86 has a 310 top end with cool head ported and polished curtis sparks mx pipe and i eat ltr yfz and 450r all day long on sand but i cant beat them on dirt cuz all i do is spin i weigh 110 so i think u all know how that would go i can start off in 5th on dirt with my brand new mxr4 but on sand with good paddles u should be fine

a 110 pounder on a 310... nice... yah i can imagine how you should scream...

at times im tempted to drop down from 170 to 150, which i could easily do in a month, but i just like mt dew and dr pepper too much :devil:

2strokes4ever
11-29-2006, 06:18 AM
My porting was done by a open mod machinest,he is a long time
racer,he builds open mod snowmobile lay down chassis for u.f.o.,
and has some of the fastest ice open mod sleds around,as far as the race goes it's going go till someone tops out,its gonna be a top end race,not a four-poke look how much torque i got race,as far as his quad go's big gun exhaust,works connection front suspension,the motor is stock just redarded the timing to run 110,also is it true that the 450 is only a 4 speed,cause I herd that once,JUST LIKE SKI DOO SAYS FOR A 4 STROKE FEEL BUY A 40 POUND ROCK AND A 2 TEC SDI ENGINE,I'm not really lookin to piss anyone off when i rag on four stokes i just hate them alot,i will never buy one,or own one,WHY CHANGE OIL WHEN YOU CAN JUST MIX IT?

2strokes4ever
11-29-2006, 06:21 AM
pro-x piston,and the porting was done for speed,stock kein flatslide,with k&n filter,no airbox

fireburns99
11-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life

[B]my gearing is 14/33

better hope its a long race...

Yea, i can't imagine how long it takes to get up to speed.... I would say unless you're racig for like a mile he's prolly going to pull you...

250r4life
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
,as far as the race goes it's going go till someone tops out,

i would be willing to bet he will top out before you will... im pretty sure, assuming he knows how to ride, that he is going to smoke you... youre probably going to need more time to catch up...

250r4life
11-29-2006, 10:00 AM
pro-x piston,and the porting was done for speed,stock kein flatslide,with k&n filter,no airbox

k, so what size piston?

and you have the stock carb on?

250r4life
11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
the more and more i hear about this race, the more i think you are going to eat dust...

a yfz with a pipe and a retarded cam is pretty dang fast...
you have really high gearing, and youre only racing till somebody tops out... not a good thing for you... you supposedly have top end porting, but yet you still have the stock carb on?

my money would go with him... in fact, my money would go with me on my YFZ

250r4life
11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
ps- no, YFZs are not 4 speeds- they are 5

oldskoolex400
11-29-2006, 10:16 AM
in fact, my money would go with me on my YFZ

get em' 250r4life

250r4life
11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
get em' 250r4life

:D :devil: :D

2strokes4ever
11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
WOW!!!! For a bunch of 250r guys you sure know how to brag up a yzf,I can change my gearing,I can chage my pipe,i can change my porting, but i'm still a 2 stroke rider for life,coudn't catch me dead on a fart box,I'd rather be riddin than chargin batterys and changin oil,and always tryin to change my cams to get my rpms to 5,500 rpms,I've seen lawn mowers push more rpms!!!!!!!!!!!!!And you call urselfs 250r lovers but you all got that new four poke parked in ur garage

four strokes=(torque)(low end) no top end....wait...maybe 65-70mph,unless you spend 50,000 dollars in cams :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

WITHOUT MIXED GAS IT AINT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

250r4life
11-29-2006, 09:29 PM
WOW!!!! For a bunch of 250r guys you sure know how to brag up a yzf,I can change my gearing,I can chage my pipe,i can change my porting, but i'm still a 2 stroke rider for life,coudn't catch me dead on a fart box,I'd rather be riddin than chargin batterys and changin oil,and always tryin to change my cams to get my rpms to 5,500 rpms,I've seen lawn mowers push more rpms!!!!!!!!!!!!!And you call urselfs 250r lovers but you all got that new four poke parked in ur garage

four strokes=(torque)(low end) no top end....wait...maybe 65-70mph,unless you spend 50,000 dollars in cams :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

WITHOUT MIXED GAS IT AINT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

now im not saying this to start a fight, or because i enjoy egging you on or anything of that nature, but your post is really quite ignorant... i love my R as much as the next guy, and it is still my favorite bike bar none... however, your posts and opinions are very ignorant and uneducated... i dont like to brag on any particular thing- i just like to play devils advocate...

you bring up changing oil on a 4 stroke... ok, do you not change oil in a two stroke? im sure your clutch is in great shape... the only difference i see is the oil filter... other than that its pretty much the same between them...

charging batteries... right... i guess i ride mine enough to where i do not need to put a charger on it... and like anything on a quad, batteries do periodically wear out... once again faulty reasoning...

yfzs have trouble hitting 5500 rpms... hmm... right... for one that is ridiculous, and two, even if they did, theyre still fast... i smoked quite a few banshees last weekend, and dont tell me the 250r is more of a high rev engine then a banshee... even being a 250r owner and preferring a 2 stroke, i always have taken particular plessure in smoking banshees...

4 stroke = no top end... another ignorant and un-educated claim... raptor 660, yes... 400ex even more... raptor 700, has both, yfz- its all mid to top end...

and let me educate you really quick... top end and top speed are two different things... a raptor 660 has very little top end, but can be set up to have a very high top speed... so you say "no top end... oh wait, maybe 65-70 mph..." that like me saying ferris bueler is ugly and you asking if i have even seen star wars...

spend 50,000 in cams? right... retarding the cam is free, and gives you quite a bit of boost...

now i love my R, thats my baby, but youre just full of it... yes the cost of the YFZ new is considerably more than the 250r. but purchasing cost aside, you have to spend quite a bit to catch the 250r up to the YFZ. by removing the baffle, taking the airbox lid off, and changing the jetting on the YFZ, which will cost you absolutely nothing, you will have to spend $300 on a pipe, and another couple hundred on a port (and thats considering you have a good porter) just to catch up... in fact it is likely you will need to up the cc's from a 246, have an aggressive port and polish, as well as a bigger carb... if you were to retard the cam on the yfz, also free, you would need to do even more to the R to catch up... and this is purely speed- not to mention suspension...

im sorry, i dont mean to attack you or whatever, but if youre going to post, at least be able to back up your arguments with something that at least resembles factual data...

again, i absolutely love my R, and it is still the quad i prefer to ride... however, i have had to face the cold hard facts recently, and maybe one day with some education and less hard headedness- you will too...

Aceman
11-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Grow up. I can take a little jabbing at four strokes but when every other post is about bashing four strokes it gets old, really old. They're here to stay so get used to it.

Why are you asking us who'd win in a race? You already said you'd know you'd win. You doubting yourself? Money talks and bullchit walks. Quit talking about it and do it already!!

christophere251
11-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Yall dont mess with him! Just let him race the guy he'll start at idle in first gear and the other guy will jump him out the hole, pat the throttle to make him look like an ***, then take the quad or the money or his pride or what ever he's bettin!

250r4life
11-30-2006, 05:46 PM
well, he has been online several times and has yet to respond...

11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah i weighed 110 high school wrestling just started and i am getting down to 103 and that does not allow me to drink the best pop in the world DR. PEPPER yeah baby

2strokes4ever
12-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Look you guys have your opions and I have mine,so instead of bashing eachother every post,how about someone telling me how i can beat a yzf and what I have to do to make it happen,I know it will be tough but i'm sure it can be done also I hade a miscalculation in my previous gearing statement its not 14/33 the actuall gearing on it is 13/39.the ton is a pro-x bored all the way over Front tire size-x-drive 21/7/10,Rear tire size x-drive-20/10/9,v-force 3 reeds,reed spacer,hinson racing clutch,hot rod long rod crank,ported and polished clynded(ported for top end)shaved head,ignition timing is slightly retarded,yes i do have the stock carb on there right now, so my ?s is what carb should i be running and where can i get it

honda250xrider
12-01-2006, 06:39 AM
well the new 4 strokes are faster than you think, there great outa the hole hell i just rebuilt a banshee the other weekend and had toomey pipes with some kind of reeds forget, but got beat by a couple 450's and beat a couple 450's and all of them only had a pipe well at least they told me they did, maybe it was me first time riding one in about a year but i forgot how bad traction is on these things, i would love to take a 4 stroke over these im just not used to riding the hell outa the motor to keep the power up. i would say you are going to need some good rider skill a pipe, reeds, a good port job, you can get different dome size heads for more commpresion.

12-01-2006, 07:19 AM
2 strokes make people better riders, id want my kid on a 2 stroke anyday....youll see how lazy people will get when they r brought up on nothinig but 4 stroke

honda250xrider
12-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
2 strokes make people better riders, id want my kid on a 2 stroke anyday....youll see how lazy people will get when they r brought up on nothinig but 4 stroke

they don't always make you a better rider imo, if you are coming from a 2 stroke to a 4 alot of people had some problems switching over simply because of not being used to having to rev the engine so much but instead letting the engine lug itself out of the corners. 2 strokes are simply just a different kind of ride nothing else imo I dont see how lazy people are implead with 4 strokes?

12-01-2006, 08:00 AM
on a typical 2 stroke your downshifting into the cornors, working the clutch...etc but on a 4 stroke alot of people go intot he cornor in 2nd or 3rd and leave the cornor in the same gear....i used to liek watching motorcross, especially the 125s to see how good those guys acctually are...4 strokes do make people lazy... a guy on a yfz450 rode my 250r and couldnt believe how much work it was...plus the powerband is more violent....4 stroke do make people more lazy, and 2 strokes require more work and are more fun to ride

honda250xrider
12-01-2006, 08:05 AM
i think alot of that is just personal perfrence. to me it didn't seem harder just a different kind of riding style that is needed to ride a 2 stroke from a 4.

12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
they do make people lazier, 4 strokes are just easier to ride...anyone can jump on a 4 stroke and ride it, but to ride a banshee or 250r its alot harder for the average person

250r4life
12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
they do make people lazier, 4 strokes are just easier to ride...anyone can jump on a 4 stroke and ride it, but to ride a banshee or 250r its alot harder for the average person

youre definately right... take a raptor for instance- that sucker is just effortless to ride. it has so much torque you can be two gears too high and it'll still lug you around. when im riding one elsewhere besides the dunes, i always forget what gear im in cuz it feels the same in every single gear... its a lot easier for a two stroke rider to go hop on a 4 stroke and haul balls then it is for a 4 stroke rider to hop on a 2 stroke... it is a lot more work to ride a two stroke...

often times after a couple of hard days at the dunes and im pretty beat up, i'll hop on a raptor for our rides...

now when im not tired and beat up after several days of riding- that is what i love about the 250r- it is a lot of work, but if you put in the work of always shiftin, clutching, etc... the things is dang impressive and a blast to ride... really gets the addrenaline going...

honda250xrider
12-01-2006, 09:36 AM
i see your point, but i do not mostly ride trails or open i've only raced motocross events so im just taking it from my experience on the track. In both your are very well riding both engines very hard and i think no one or the other is easier to ride just a different way to ride them in a race, you are still going all out to me slippin the clutch in the corner on a 2 stroke isn't hard but to others it may be like i said its just personal prefrence.

Saint18z
12-01-2006, 12:54 PM
so when do we find out who won?

250r4life
12-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Saint18z
so when do we find out who won?

i'd be real surprised if after how much smack has been talking you get an honest report of the outcome

Eddiesanders250
12-01-2006, 10:02 PM
^^^ that may be true

clutch22
12-02-2006, 06:24 PM
so so soo............... are u ever gonna race... or just keep doubting yourself while bragging that your gonna win?
hurry up ... i wanna find out who'll win...

2strokes4ever
12-03-2006, 04:53 PM
No I havent raced him yet but you'll know when I do I'll have a yzf 450 for sale on here

oldskoolex400
12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
No I havent raced him yet but you'll know when I do I'll have a yzf 450 for sale on here

good luck :rolleyes: