PDA

View Full Version : project truck dash question

redracing88
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
all my gauges when i turn my lights on there the greenish color. its a 91 ford i want to know if there is any way i can take the green out and make it blue to go along with my stereo colors ect. is it like a paper can i put a different bulb in after i remove the grean plzz let me know and if there is a web site for just a dif color dash i would be happy with that to. thanks

hardkoratvmxr
11-27-2006, 05:21 PM
ford uses green plastic type stuff that i think is removable and they sometimes use green bulbs best bet is to rip out old dash and look if bulbs are clear green plastic type stuff if green then they are green. now if they are clear then gettin the green plastic stuff off is rather difficult due to the fact that it is stuck on there with some clear adhesive most of the time and is in hard to reach places.

NacsMXer
11-27-2006, 06:34 PM
On my F-150 (99) the stock gauge overlay had a green plastic-like film glued on behind all the numbers. I have seen people who somehow removed that film, i'm not sure how but it's possible.

Once you get that off you can replace all your stock conventional lightbulbs with wide angle LED bulbs for an intense blue color :cool:

Make sure you get the wide angle LED's if that is the route you take, that way the lighting is uniform and not bright/dim in some spots ;)

I've had good luck with these bulbs, hi quality stuff: www.superbrightleds.com

Just find the stock bulb number and order the same number LED bulb

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Is it a Ranger??? Head over to www.ranger-forums.com

It has some great info