PDA

View Full Version : Witch clutch to choose

Fatal
11-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Hello me and my father have one 400ex each my dad's 400ex have no modification witch clutch will be more durable and the best for him ? (My father is making trails and woods rides )

My 400ex is a little bit modified he is bored 406 with a stage 2 hot cam, a complete yoshimura rs-3, a yfz450 stock carburator, a curtis sparks advancer x6 and i now have rev box uninstalled. I make trail and wood ride and sometimes races with my friends witch clutch will be the best for my kind of riding ?

11-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Every one says to go stock.

4TraxRider
11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Stock fibers are great but there are a lot of clutch kits out that provide you with everything you'd need for a modded motor, new fiber and drive plates and stiffer clutch springs. Tusk, EBC are cheaper choices whereas Hinson is a bit more expensive, but they make really great products.

Fatal
11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Im working in a pieces shop and one guys who working with me suggest me the clutch barnett for your information i pay all pieces at magazin cost probably an aftermarket clutch will cost less than a stock honda clutch for me :)

Kaleigh
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
any heavy duty clutch will do.. you dont need anything fancy unless you're sponsored by them :D

deathman53
11-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I only use honda oem plates, they are better than most aftermarket ones. Aftermarket springs tend to be stiffer than oem. I'm still using oem plates and fibers on my atc250r 2 years later with almost no wear on them. Most engine builders and shops will tell you to only use oem plates and fiber on a honda.

sunco
11-28-2006, 05:05 AM
I think I'm ready for a new clutch because on the cable end adjusting is making a difference & It seems like its time. How do I know what I need? I guess there is 3 parts to the clutch. My quad just has a pipe. My son has a 300ex that I think his is due also. How should a proceed? I'll do the work just not sure what I'm looking for . I'd go with OEM

11-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by sunco
I think I'm ready for a new clutch because on the cable end adjusting is making a difference & It seems like its time. How do I know what I need? I guess there is 3 parts to the clutch. My quad just has a pipe. My son has a 300ex that I think his is due also. How should a proceed? I'll do the work just not sure what I'm looking for . I'd go with OEM

Clutch plates.

Fatal
11-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I just call my honda dealer and for 1 clutch kit it cost 180$ can
after i check for a barnett clutch and i pay 187$ for 2 barnett clutch kit
Finally i will go for the barnett