PDA

View Full Version : things for christmas???

blakefoote
11-27-2006, 11:59 AM
i wanna get alot of stuff for christmas for the 450 but i dont know what direction to go in because i cant get it all.......

#1 motor b/c mine is stock
#2 plastics, graphics, and paint my frame and gusset my frame because i have a ugly graphics and frame is stock now
#3 toy hauler trailer because i dont have one now and i am prob getting a truck any ways...
#4 alot of little stuff like cam, gear, plastics and other small stuff

IDK u help me out?!?!

duke416ex
11-27-2006, 01:10 PM
I would love ot have a toy hauler too, but it would be about double the price of all the rest combined. I would maybe look at a few small things, like piston, cam and a few things like that and maybe some new riding gear. That is unless the toy hauler was an option and then I would just try for that.

blakefoote
11-27-2006, 06:48 PM
yah i think i wanna do the motor but that leaves the plastics UGLY!!! i would do a cam and piston

ThumPIN_450R
11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Don't worry about the plastics. Anything looks good if it's up front.

blakefoote
11-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
Don't worry about the plastics. Anything looks good if it's up front.

point well taken...hahaha

MAD450r
11-28-2006, 06:10 AM
I dont understand why everyone does motor work before suspension. On stock motor still you'll be faster with suspension than anything you do to your motor. Once suspension is done you can put all the stock power to the ground, then I'd consider motor work.

I admin I picked up my 04R with hrc cam and I already had my sparks pipe here and I was still slower than I was on my 416ex. So the first thing I did was find some low priced standard travel a-arms then I saved to send my shocks to derisi. Now even still running that setup on my motor and suspension I have yet to be beat when messing around on the small track we have around or just dragging.

Cant wait for this summer when I get to race a stroked cannondale and my frends predator with 5000$ in his motor. I bet I still give them both a good run. If I am at all slower than either i'll buy a baldwin 14:1 piston and I'll be in front again.

as for looks if you have the money why not replace the plastic's and graphics but if your an aggressive rider it wont be too long till the new plastics start to look like the older one's.

Either way good luck with whatever you end up getting.

exrider008
11-28-2006, 06:39 AM
well said^^^^

i would pic up a pair of shocks, a-arms and even a swingarm. if u have a ton of power with no suspention then it isnt going to make u any faster. plus suspention makes your bike look 10X better...motor work dosnt.

honda4life72
11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
well mine bike is the opsite i like sleepers ...i run stock suspension and all my bike looks stock but i got a 14:1 piston a dasa pipe head port and polise a hrc cam and lost more done to it but you can't tell it .....i race tand t so suspison doesn't really help me in any way...

blakefoote
11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MAD450r
I dont understand why everyone does motor work before suspension. On stock motor still you'll be faster with suspension than anything you do to your motor. Once suspension is done you can put all the stock power to the ground, then I'd consider motor work.

I admin I picked up my 04R with hrc cam and I already had my sparks pipe here and I was still slower than I was on my 416ex. So the first thing I did was find some low priced standard travel a-arms then I saved to send my shocks to derisi. Now even still running that setup on my motor and suspension I have yet to be beat when messing around on the small track we have around or just dragging.

Cant wait for this summer when I get to race a stroked cannondale and my frends predator with 5000$ in his motor. I bet I still give them both a good run. If I am at all slower than either i'll buy a baldwin 14:1 piston and I'll be in front again.

as for looks if you have the money why not replace the plastic's and graphics but if your an aggressive rider it wont be too long till the new plastics start to look like the older one's.

Either way good luck with whatever you end up getting.

well the reason i said that is b/c my quad already has suspension

MAD450r
11-28-2006, 08:29 PM
didn't realize it was already done :)

blakefoote
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by MAD450r
didn't realize it was already done :)

yah full fox JB LT

MAD450r
11-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Once I have money I want to try fox long travels over my standard travel derisi's.

I think im going to stick with lone star for the aarms though.