PDA

View Full Version : Venting

Pappy
11-27-2006, 11:25 AM
almost 17 years working for this company. only twice have gotton a full week off and they were both for work conventions.

this year, being my last year, i planned everything out to try and use the time i have. today was to be my first day of vaction.

climbed out of the tree stand at 11, see i missed 2 calls. call in to find out one of my drivers quit this morning. (one quit back in august taking out a vacation i had planned)

so, once again, 3 weeks vacation still on the table and i dout i will get to use more then a day or two of it:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

300exOH
11-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Whew that's rough. Seems like they should pay you for the vacation time you couldn't use. 17 years with no real vacation...you need some time off bro.:eek2:

sly400ex
11-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I know it's not your work ethic, but you should take your three weeks and shut your phone off or not accept phone calls from them!

Wishful thinking I bet!:p

JRP
11-27-2006, 01:17 PM
sounds like my dad pappy, he has around 2weeks vacation a year, and i bet he dosent use a day or two. He says he has no time, and he is alwasy to busy.:o :(

Pappy
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
lol, i never give up or quit anything so i deal with it:ermm:

second day of vacation will be spent interviewing. lucky sob's to cuz i will hire them on the spot and fire the one's i dont like when i get my vacation time in...lol

almost over i keep telling myslef...almost over.

i was *****ing that the warm weather had the deer bedded and not moving, but its a omen i believe because if it were real cold the deer would be moving and work would be crazy.

im heading to my deer stand here at home in a few minutes, if the deer gods is watchin...now is a good time to send a big boy my way so i can atleast be pissed off while im gutting my buck

:p

Slinky
11-27-2006, 01:36 PM
thats why when i'm on vacation i dont answer any #'s from work....the problems will still be there when i get back the next week.

Pappy
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
thats why when i'm on vacation i dont answer any #'s from work....the problems will still be there when i get back the next week.

i agree....

however my wife and brother work for me:scary: work is a 24/7 deal around here i am afraid, i cant wait till its sold so we can live somewhat normal lives.

Slinky
11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
thats where things differ..i work for a big corporation, usualy there is someone else to deal with the crap if i'm not there.

AtvMxRider
11-27-2006, 04:59 PM
How much longer do you have there Ken?

Pappy
11-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
How much longer do you have there Ken?

i wish I knew.

there was a buyer, then he was out. then he was back in. then he was out. now he is in.

its tuff trying to retain any help when they know the new guy could walk in and can them. even tougher when your familys income depends on 1 place of income:ermm:

400eXr1d3rZ
11-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Go kill a big one, Pap!

Pappy
11-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Go kill a big one, Pap!

Let me tell you how my season started.....

Saturday morning I was so tired (worked way late friday night) so I called the boys and told them I would be down in the afternoon to hunt.

My brother in law seized the moment and sat in my stand. He killed a real nice 10 point at 7:30 am:p I was happy for him, biggest deer he has ever killed.

So far, I should have shot all the squirells i've seen andit might add up to a meal, the deer have been not moving one bit here:grr:

400eXr1d3rZ
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Damn I know what you mean, I just got back from hunting all last weekend yesterday. I saw two deer and never got a chance to shoot.

The first deer I saw was in a creek, I was walking back to the camp and I heard a noise crackling to my right. I had a 12 gauge semi-auto with buckshot but this deer was far away so I loaded a slug and apparently, it's not as easy at it looks to load a single shell without making noise. It ran away and I never got a chance to shoot it.

The second deer I saw was coming out of rows of pine trees and by the time I looked in that direction it was running away. It seems everytime I see one it's when im walking, everytime i'm in a stand, I never see anything but squirrels and rabbits.

But, youth hunt about 2 or 3 weeks ago I shot a turkey :D , it was only like 4 pounds but it had ALOT of meat! Wild Turkey is the best!!!

bulkdriverlp
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
oh i hear ya pappy, im the low man on the totem pole for the worlds largest garbage company and there are 11 drivers above me. they pick they're vacations (4 weeks) and i get stuck with whats left. we are short handed and they wont hire anybody else so only one guy can go on vacation at a time. sucks, cant wait to find something else.

Rip_Tear
11-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
So far, I should have shot all the squirells i've seen andit might add up to a meal, the deer have been not moving one bit here:grr:

It's probaly just 1 or 2 and believe me, their not good eaten :p

That sucks Pappy, I work for my father and I've never had vaction time, because if he doesn't get it, I don't either... Except this year, he's decided he going to take some... (getting crazy in his old age :p)

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Hire me I hate my job. I been with the same company almost 4 years and the last year I have really hated. :mad: The company sold and now the new managment is power hungry:grr:

wilkin250r
11-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
almost 17 years working for this company. only twice have gotton a full week off and they were both for work conventions.

Oh, cry me a river. Lots of us live busy lives, and many of us can't afford to take vacation at all. Take me for example...

...okay, I'm a bad example, I just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii.

But take somebody ELSE for example. I'm sure there are PLENTY people on here that haven't just recently come back from a beautiful tropical island and a multi-million dollar condo built on the cliffs overlooking the ocean with a private path down to a private beach, downing Pina Coladas and Mia Tias while soaking up the tropical sunshine. Plenty of people have it rough...

:bandit:

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Oh, cry me a river. Lots of us live busy lives, and many of us can't afford to take vacation at all. Take me for example...

...okay, I'm a bad example, I just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii.

But take somebody ELSE for example. I'm sure there are PLENTY people on here that haven't just recently come back from a beautiful tropical island and a multi-million dollar condo built on the cliffs overlooking the ocean with a private path down to a private beach, downing Pina Coladas and Mia Tias while soaking up the tropical sunshine. Plenty of people have it rough...

:bandit:

You Suck!:blah:

JJ Sounded like fun I am jelious:grr:

Pappy
11-28-2006, 04:10 AM
LOL..wilkin.

and screw anyone else, i worry about me:blah:

Dupontster
11-28-2006, 04:32 AM
Here (http://www.buckwild2006.proboards101.com/index.cgi?board=deer&action=display&thread=1164683410) ya go Pap....This'll make ya puke....This is what we have in So. Md. :D

Pappy
11-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks Dup....made me feel so much better:blah:

Robin Hood
11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd start busting heads in! :devil:

At least you know you're valuable to the company and they need you...Either that or your boss just plain sucks. :p