PDA

View Full Version : I almost had him!!!

Grumpy Wookie
11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
This last weekend, my friend and I go out to Glamis. He usually rides his 400ex and I have my slightly modded 450R, but this time he brings out a 250R he just got done building. I guess he was tired of comming in last.

We decide to race up olds to see what the old girl has. Over the woops, he couldnt hang (his rear shock is shot), and by the time we were half way up the hill, I looked back and had 20 to 30 feet on him. I turned around, and not 5 seconds later, he screams past me like I was standing still.

Is there no limit to what a modded 250R can do? Im building my own, and now I cant wait. I was hesitant to let my 450R go to my girlfriend, but now I know that the good old 2 stroke will be just as much fun as my 450. What is everyone else's opinion? 250R vs. 450R? Any other stories?

250r4life
11-27-2006, 01:20 PM
other stories...

i bought a 06 yfz 450 a couple weeks ago... i took the baffle out, put a pro design K&N, removed the lid, and rejetted it... i smoked a lot of unsuspecting souls this last weekend at gordons well... it was great!!!

i loved having people pull up next to me thinking they are going to smoke this stock yfz, and then get their *** handed to them...

i still dont understand how i lose so rarely... i know there are tons of people with more money in their bikes than i have, but i think it is a combination of A- tons of people can buy bikes and pay to have them modded, but not everyone can ride them and B- i pretty much have no faith in most shops and their ability to properly tune a bike...

Quadster450
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
the 250R, really 2 strokes in general have an entirely different powerband, they really tend to kick a** in the middle to top ends...i've taken plenty of 250's off the line with my 450 but they usually end up ahead at the top of the hill...and i agree with 250r4life with the "not everyone can ride them"...a lot of it depends on the rider. I've seen a 450 and 250 go up a hill with the 250 just blowing the 450 away. then at the bottom of the hill the 2 riders switch bikes and then the 450 blows the 250 away...

707trx250r
12-01-2006, 06:15 PM
My 250R will smoke just about any 450. But the 4 strokes are quick off the line. Also I am running a ct 350 pv, But when I put on my cpi pipe cr ignition and new clutch that won't slip my bike will eat 450's even more.

so yes a 250R will hang with the new 450's.
later
adam