PDA

View Full Version : Breezewood Thanksgiving and Pit bike races

YFZRB
11-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Breezewood Proving Grounds hosted another great weekend of riding with unbelievable weather for late November. We arrived early Saturday and put in some laps on the always well groomed tracks before having a huge free lunch in the dining hall. The sun was shining and temps in the upper 50's Saturday and Sunday made for an awesome weekend of riding. An additional surprise was pro–riders Dustin Wimmer and Jason Dunkelburger showing up to tear up the track Saturday. Saturday night brought out the pit bikes and the start of the indoor races. Jim Bull, CEO & publisher for Motorcycle Racing Action was on hand and taking pictures of the action throughout the day. Here is the link to the photos:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=04QA009O

It was awesome to air it out big as I finally cleared everything in the park and enjoyed the rare November warmth. Dan and Amanda were fantastic hosts as usual and I look forward to the 2007 season. For information click on my link below. It is definitely worth the trip!

Pappy
11-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I wish we could have made it:( Time is something i cant order:p

YFZRB
11-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I know, I worked 19 days (Sat & Sundays) straight before taking off on Saturday for Breezewood. Even worked half a day on Thanksgiving.

It took me all morning Sunday to clear all the stuff I didn't have yet on the big track. The flag jump, the connecting table and the uphill triple. :macho But I got it all and didn't break anything even with them 20" trail tires.

I'm asking Santa for some MX tires for Christmas. :)

I think gbcap was taking pics as well. I hope he gets time to post em up.

I came a long way from this earlier this year.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 01:20 PM
yup...ill be posting like crazy tonight.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I am not going all out tonight, but ill get some of the good ones up. the link to all the pictures is in my signature. ill hook anyone up with a CD of pictures if they want. just PM me for details.

I had fun taking pictures this time. My bike is in a pile in the corner of the garage so I just came to hang out. And what a day I chose. Dunk and Wimmer decided to show, dan was going big as hell, the turkey was great (thanks Ray, Amanda and Amanda's Mom amoung others), the weather was amazing, and the riding was great.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
there were some awesome looking quads. makes me want to go crazy with my color scheme.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
the sun played havoc with me today. it seemed like there were shadows everywhere. what looked fine when i was taking the picture didn't let the picture actually turn out.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
do beleive this is member pregg

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
wimmer and dunk hammering it out. these guys are crazy fast. they had to preload the jumps sooo much that it actually kept them lower in the air so they didn't go as far. they would do a jump and go 35ft and only get 2ft off the ground. where as the normal rider was getting 4-5 ft off the ground. it was AWESOME to watch. now I wish i could only ride like that.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
member quad2extreme

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:52 PM

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
the chef Ray.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:56 PM
it was good to see as many people that came out for such a late ride. i heard a common thread going around the room at lunch..."this is my last ride before winter teardown"

glad everyone showed up. it was an awesome day of riding.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:57 PM
i finally got my frist ride on an ltr. it was 'ok' for me. the suspension was nice for stock. needed a stabilzer and it needed a pipe and i would have been alot happier. other then that i was impressed.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
i know its a bike...but this guy was hammering out some serious laps. i have atleast 50 pictures which means he had to do atleast 50 laps. haha.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:02 PM
dan was at his game again. big air. big style. i wouldn't be surprised if he put in a freestyle ramp just to get his game up a few notches. he can get this bike seriously sideways.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:03 PM

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:03 PM
qua2extreme again. hey man, hit me up via PM so i can get you that CD.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:05 PM
i got a few good ones of ya.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
i don't bite guys. if you want some pictures of you grab my attention. i will do my best to grab ya. sorry if i am just attracted to big air. but i do try to get one of everyone on the track.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:07 PM

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
heres rich...shoot me a pm so i can get you a CD man.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:12 PM
throwin a lil style for the camera. i don't know how you guys ride without googles in the dusty conditions.

gbcap
11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
i know you said you wanted some pics of ya. thought this was a cool one. i have a more good ones. shoot me a PM.

gbcap
11-28-2006, 04:39 AM
thats all for now folks. the link in my profile is working now. all the pictures are posted up.

wishmasstir
11-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
i know you said you wanted some pics of ya. thought this was a cool one. i have a more good ones. shoot me a PM.

pics look good...it was a great time riding

its not every thanksgiving that you eat turkey dinner with dunk and wimmer

quad2xtreme
11-29-2006, 11:04 AM
It was the perfect weekend...3 days of riding, no injuries, quad still runs great...

well, I did get a flat tire on the truck a few miles from the park when I left. Was the first time I had to change a tire on the truck...I recommend figuring out how to do it beforehand. I didn't even know where the jack was located or how to get the spare tire down. lol.

Greg, I will definitely be ordering some of the pictures. You snapped one of me when I was ahead of Dunk. You think I can convince anyone I just passed him? :D Geez those guys are fast. I was most amazed how fast they go downhill.

/Jon

Pappy
11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
pics look good greg! i promise we will spend a day up there and i will show you some tricks and tips that will have you blowin them away!

Ripitupfilms
11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
post up some more pics of dunk and wimmer

dan harris
12-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Great pics Gregg. What a great weekend, thanks to all the riders who showed up supporting the park. Special thanks to Pro Atv Racers Dustin Wimmer and Jason Dunkelberger who flat out ripped around the tracks, and were very friendly and willing to sign autographs and hand out posters.

Thanks to Amanda and my mother and Ray for all the great cooking, the turkey was great. Not sure how we ended up with 60 degree weather at the end of November but it was awesome!!!

I hope to see everyone out here at our Next event: our "Spring Fling" the last weekend in March, were having a pig roast on that Sunday !!!!