PDA

View Full Version : girzzley 660 jets

YFZ450Ridr
11-27-2006, 07:16 AM
My uncle has an 02 660 girzzley. for a while now he has been wanting to put on a uni filter and rejet it with no lid. after i did that to my dads z400 he wants me to do it to his.

my question is; what the stock jet size is and what do you suppose i should use with no airbox lid, uni filter and an outerwear? i bumped up the main jet to a 175 on my dads Z with that setup, should i do about the same and start with 20 sizes up?

really im just a little stuck on where to start on jetting, once i get a base to start with we can dial it in no problem. do you guys think i should change the pilot jet also? i was going to change just the main and adjust fuel screw. thanks.

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
You will need to get a adpater plate for the grizz 660 for the filter because the lid hold downs the filter. Otherwise it will suck dirt and crap. Another question. Why does he want to do this? If he ever rides is mud I would suggest leaving the box on. Also unless he has a pipe he won't notice a huge diffrence. I would just call what ever company you are buying your filter from and the should have a good starting point for you.

YFZ450Ridr
11-27-2006, 08:19 PM
he doesnt ride in mud really, mostly trails and fire roads. hes looking for an overall increase in power and throttle response. i was not aware that the lid was part of the filter assembly, so we can just cut holes in it to allow extra air in instead of removing the entire thing. he is aware that the gains will be minumal with this setup, but for 50 bucks its not a bad modification. thanks for the help.

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Atleast on my friends 06 the lid holds down the filter. Make sure the filter is not put on upside down otherwise dirt is sucked in. It is a crappy design I would almost suggents getiing a pro flow adpater anways. I put one on my banshee and love it. I think it was $70, I forget though. Ya the place you buy the filter from should be able to give you a good starting jet. After that ride it check your plug. If it is ....

Black too rich - go down another jet
Tan - perfecto!
White - too lean go to a bigger size jet

YFZ450Ridr
11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
thanks a lot, appreciate it;)

Slinky
12-06-2006, 06:24 AM
your best bet would to be getting one of those power up kits, the ones that come with a K&N filter and Jets...they wake these bikes up a lot! then if anything just drill some holes in the airbox lid instead of removing it. that way your filter is still supported and less chance of water getting in. You can always duct tape over the holes if he know's hes going to be riding in some deep mud or water.

Quad18star
01-09-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm sitting here looking at my Dyno Jet instructions and here's what it says if you're using their kit ... these could help as some guidelines for you .

Dynojet needle :

-Groove #4 for below 5000 feet
-Groove #3 above 5000 feet

Dynojet main jets :

-DJ 150 below 3000 feet
-DJ 146 from 3000 to 6000 feet
-DJ 142 above 6000 feet

When using an aftermarket exhaust with high flow baffle :

- Use DJ 155 below 3000 feet
-DJ 150 from 3000 to 6000 feet
-DJ 146 above 6000 feet

Fuel mixture screw :