PDA

View Full Version : Break in dos & dont's

priesty
11-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi guys,
Just collected my new 400ex & I'm lovin it. Any clues on running in? What's the best way to bed everything in and how long will it be before I'm ready to rip?

hornetgod13
11-27-2006, 01:32 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=221866

I found this thread in the "How To" section. It seems that there are differing opinions on the matter. I make sure I change my oil often and did my valve check on time. I've had mine for about 6 months now and it runs like a champ.

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 01:39 AM
How I always broke in stuff is ride the trails. All kinds of RPM changes and shifting will help break things in good. Just don't beat on it.

Also try not to turn it off and on alot during break in. It is important to let the engine do through its heat cycle. Like ride it for a long time...full operating temp. Then when done riding let it cool all the way down.

Try to stay away from starting it up riding it 5 mins then shutting it off. Then start it again in 5 mins and riding for another 5mins.

bansheemorphine
11-27-2006, 12:28 PM
i was told to not hold the throttle in one position you want to always be changing the rpms even at lower rpms also change your oil regularly and check your vavlves i was also told to not let it idle when i first start it to keep the rpms changing