PDA

View Full Version : I wrecked

JJs450r
11-26-2006, 08:52 PM
:-/ like it says theres a crazy step up at one of our local mx tracks its a 4th gear pend jump for me and i didnt get enough speed one time around back tires cased popped the rear end up slammed the front end down and away i went over the bars helmet flies off a-arm hit me in the back of the head 4 wheeler on top of me :) 3 minutes later im hitting the same jump :)

Aceman
11-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
helmet flies off

:huh A helmet that flies off is the same as no helmet. Learn how to fasten/size your helmet correctly.

JJs450r
11-26-2006, 09:22 PM
it was it got caught on the handle bar and pulled off :) and its a youth large which fits very snugg

Doober
11-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
:huh A helmet that flies off is the same as no helmet. Learn how to fasten/size your helmet correctly.

freak things happen, chill out....glad to hear your not too banged up

WhiteYFZ
11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
at least you didnt get hurt. and that other guy does have to chill out.

JJs450r
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
ya it wasnt as bad as it looked i think i freaked everyone out by not moving when it was on me but not much i could do with my face down in the dirt

Aceman
11-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I need to chill out? He had an a-arm hit him in the head followed by the quad landing on top of him with no helmet on. I'd say he's pretty lucky he doesn't have a concussion or worse. I guess I'm just too simple to understand how a helmet WITH a chinstrap can just pull off your head? I've wrecked a few times and my helmet was always right where I left it, still on my head.

JJs450r
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
dang dude listen it got caught on the bars any things possible

miller821
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM

Ever wonder why helmets come off in football games?

Aceman
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man

No, never seen it happen.

It's really no big deal to me fellas because I wasn't the one under the quad with no helmet on. Bottom line, JJ you lucked out, glad you're okay. :)

miller821
11-26-2006, 10:08 PM
No, never seen it happen.

It's really no big deal to me fellas because I wasn't the one under the quad with no helmet on. Bottom line, JJ you lucked out, glad you're okay. :)

I've seen it many times in H.S. and some NFL... But I agree with you man, he did get lucky and should be thankful! And maybe pull it a little tighter next time.

JJs450r
11-26-2006, 10:16 PM
tight as it would go

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM
heres a pic of the step up it dont show how big it is but its all i got

AtvMxRider
11-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man

A football helmet is snapped on a bike helmet is buckled on and it should not have came off it was bucked correctly no matter what got caught on it.

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 01:20 PM
what if the strap rips from gettin caught on all i know is i know how to strap a helmet i strapped it before i went to ride and it came off thats all i remember

MOFO
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
what if the strap rips from gettin caught on all i know is i know how to strap a helmet i strapped it before i went to ride and it came off thats all i remember

Your chin/jaw would snap before the strap does.

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
i guess im just putting possibilitys out there because i race every weekend and i know i strap my helmet up right cus i make sure i put my gloves on after so i can get it as tight as i can i just dont like people saying im doing something wrong whe ni know im not, even last week and yestarday someone wrecked and there helmet came off so i dont know i know 3 people arent idiots on putting helmets on ive been riding ever since i was 10

coryatver
11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I would be looking for a new helmet then:o

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 02:46 PM
haha ya thats what i was thinkin

11-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Do you still have your helmet? The strap would still be broken if it snapped, I'm pretty sure.:rolleyes:

miller821
11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Do you still have your helmet? The strap would still be broken if it snapped, I'm pretty sure.:rolleyes:

He's not saying that happened... He's saying its a possiblity of what could happen.

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 04:45 PM
ya i think i said what if the strap broke

11-27-2006, 04:52 PM
ya i think i said what if the strap broke

Here's one of my ways that it may have happened. (depends on if yours is a clip or you have to do the loopty-loo to get it tied)

Something hit the release button on the lock and came undone.

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 05:05 PM
its the loop to loop one i double loop it and pull it back through one loop

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 10:29 PM
It is possible my friend wrecked at the dunes and hit the ground so hard it pulled the strap over his chin and into his mouth. Acorss it tore the hair right of his chine.

One_Bad_400
11-27-2006, 11:10 PM
i guess im just putting possibilitys out there because i race every weekend and i know i strap my helmet up right cus i make sure i put my gloves on after so i can get it as tight as i can i just dont like people saying im doing something wrong whe ni know im not, even last week and yestarday someone wrecked and there helmet came off so i dont know i know 3 people arent idiots on putting helmets on ive been riding ever since i was 10

I HAVE to tighten my helmet before I put my gloves on and I HAVE to take my gloves off before taking off my helmet, I don't know why, I just do...lol

PolarisRider06
11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
before all of you guys go ragging on him for "not putting on his helmet correctly" just because it got ripped off you should go and ask Caleb Moore about his experience in england and getting his helmet ripped off of his head, his chin/neck has a big bump on it still from how much pressure was put on his neck and its been over a month since it happened. from what he told me he had his helmet on plenty tight and when he hit the ground the back of the helmet got pushed up so hard it ripped it off of his head even with the strap tight.

if you dont get what i'm saying strap you helmet on TIGHT, now grab the bottom edge in the back and push up as hard as you can and see what happens.

pretty much what i'm trying to say is that $h!t happens, such as helmets being ripped off of peoples heads in crashes (which i've seen personally a few times), dont go telling someone that they were in the wrong in the case of these freak accidents because we all know that you wouldn't like it if we told you that if it just happened to you.

oh with the football helmets, i've seen them get ripped off a quite a few times without them coming unsnapped and its happened to me once and i always kept my helmet extremely tight and it didnt come unsnapped when it got ripped off either. i also seen someone get their helmet turned all of the way around once when he got facemasked .

Sjorge450R
11-28-2006, 04:25 AM
haha ya thats what i was thinkin

check out the MSR Velocity X...sweet helmet. I'm ordering mine next month.

z4evr
11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey at least u didnt rupture your ligaments in your thumb like i did on that jump haha. Yea my helmet came off on that jump too :confused: i had mine strapped up and all too.

honda4life72
11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
i saw a guy at a t&t race side swipe a hay bail and his helmet came off ....also he was going about 65 miles and hour

HondaEXrider22
11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Relax guys, it was him not you. :p

Anyway, howd the quad come out.

JJs450r
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
3 cracks in the frame but they have been takin care of alreayd :)

Blue_Streak23
11-28-2006, 05:33 PM
..I'm not tring to start anything with anyone, but there is a huge differece between the strap on a football helmet and a racing helmet. The only thing holding a football helmet on are buttons, which can easily get ripped off, it has happened to me many times with my hockey helmet which is near the same thing. Where as a racing helmet has a very strong material strap in which is very strong and stitched to the helmet.

..So if a racing helmet gets ripped off, either it was fastened incorrectly, or your chin should be pretty banged up..:ermm:

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
I have seen football helmets come off without the straps coming unbutton.