PDA

View Full Version : Guys That Had Preblems With The Tranny.!!!!!

r450 duner
11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
I WENT RIDING THIS WEEKEND AND MY BIKE WAS RIDING FINE AND LATER IN THE DAY I STARDED HEARING THIS WEIRD NOISE ....IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS COMING FROM MY TRANNY..IT SOUNDED SERIOUS...I DIDNT WANT 2 RIDE IT ANYMORE....SO I HAD IT PULLED BACK TO THE TRAILER AND I PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND IT STILL WAS IN GEAR.....I COULDNT GET IT IN NEUTRAL.......AND THIS NOISE ISNT THAT WINDING NOISE IT MAKES....I KNOE THERES THREADS FOR THIS BUT I JUST WANNA KNOE IF THIS WHAT YOU GUYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH.......

LTR450_#67
11-27-2006, 12:22 PM
uh oh, sounds like you might have broken your shift pin out of your case. Does it shift at all?

later
Aaron

Baracudaaa
11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
You said 'KNOE', hahahahahhahahaa.

r450 duner
11-27-2006, 07:06 PM
ok this morning i tested if it shifts....and yea it does and i got in in neutral 2.............but it makes like a grindy noise............anyone else have any ideas of what it could be

1QKBRD
11-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Still sounds like you might have broken your shift pin out of your case. When I broke mine it rolled only with the clutch pulled, sounds like you stopped before you really did damage. But you really will not know till you open it up or take it into the dealership, hope you had the extended warranty.

LTR450_#67
11-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah 1QKBRD is right. You won't know till you take it apart and see whats in there. If it is broke, you may want to look in to getting a shift pin relocator bracket from BCS Performance (http://bcsperformance.com/ltr.html) You can install this whether your case is broken or not. It'll save you money too by you not have to buy a case halve which is not cheap and don't forget the labor to replace it.

later
Aaron

r450 duner
11-29-2006, 04:36 PM
yea im still under warranty ....and i also have the extended warranty to..im glad i got that......yea i might as well get that bracket...thanks

Maxxis96
11-29-2006, 05:06 PM
If your still under warranty Suzuki should cover it....At my shop we just did my buddies and suzuki paid for new cases, bearing and seals...If you dont have Extended warranty I would buy it..

I rode mine on Monday and it started making the Whinning Noise very slightly again so it must be time for an oil change..haha SO TEAM Yosh told me at Steel City...