PDA

View Full Version : need advice for gearing and advice for stunting a yfz!!

416 racer
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
ok i just got a yfz it handles great and its fast i used to own a 400ex that i could ride very slow wheelies on well my thing is that the yfz is geared high what kinda of gearing should i do to get rid of this and its fine if i lose a lil top speed. i was told if a got a hmf full system and a k&n power up kit it will go away and will probly be abl to do those slow wheelies is there any guy out there that stunts a yfz 450 that can do slow wheelies on please help me out in this sitation.

YFZ450Ridr
11-27-2006, 06:39 AM
first thing id do is drop down 1 tooth on the counter shaft sproket. lots more usable power, and its still plenty fast. any popular full exhaust is good. my slip on even added lots of low end power to it. then ditch the air box lid and go for a uni filter(or any aftermarket filter of your choice) and buy an outerwears if you want one for wet conditions. you should be good to go partner.

i have the mods i listed above, and it pulls great wheelies. im not so good at slow wheelies, but 4th to 5th gear wheelies are nice and easy to do.

416 racer
11-27-2006, 11:29 AM
what kind of exhuast should i get im a sparks racing kinda guy but people say hmf for low end

YFZ450Ridr
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
sparks is great. really any after market pipe gives you about the same power, obviously some more than others. my buddy had a bone stock 450r and got a sparks for it and now its got loads of low end. sparks, hmf, pro circut, big gun, yosh, ect, all the big names are good.