PDA

View Full Version : 450 problems...

red4r
11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
its confusing the hell out of me i cant figure out wats wrong... i just jetted it and put a new filter in it took it to the dunes and i guess my filter fell off for a little bit but it didnt seem like that much sand got sucked in.... but anyways its been running fine now for like the first hour then like ill be goin and ill get on the gass hard it will goo but it just like revs up and the power just aint going to the ground and then it will catch for a second then go then i hit the gass hard again it just revvs up and aint puttin out all the power and i have no clue whats wrong? any1 have any ideas?

ghott
11-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Did you flush your engine with oil? Then refill with fresh oil?

Did your carb get clogged with sand?

I'm not sure if this is a carb/jetting problem, engine problem, or transmission problem.

Is your clutch slipping, or is the motor actually sputtering?

red4r
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
like the engine sounds fine... i havnt flushed my engine yet...i dont think my carbs clogged cuz the engine runs fine...i think it might be my clutch because its fine for a while then i get on the gas and engine revs up but not all the power is being put to the tires ...so its prob clutch but wat should i do about that?>

gbcap
11-27-2006, 07:54 AM
yup...you either need to adjust the clutch...or get a new one.

if the motor is fine your prolly alright. but the sand could have done some minor damage to the vavles and all. i would look at that.

450Rrider13
11-27-2006, 07:59 AM
i had this happen to me. ...your clutch is slippiing.

red4r
11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
allright thanks for the help...but now how should i go about this should i just take it to my honda dealer cuz its still under warranty or wat? thanks again

11-27-2006, 10:50 AM
the clutch is considered normal wear. your dealer is gonna bust your balls on labor so you might as well do it yourself. its really easy.

red4r
11-27-2006, 02:46 PM
allright so if my dealer is gonna charge me... what do i need to buy ..ive never had clutch problems so i have no clue wat ill need

11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
get new clutch fibers, and plates