PDA

View Full Version : thunder on the sand wildwood, nj

QuadRacer041
09-14-2002, 12:38 PM
oct, 11-13
on the beach mx race for bikes and quads.
whos going???????

330exracer122
09-14-2002, 01:05 PM
ull be gettin whooped by my 300. foustroke B!!

QuadRacer041
09-14-2002, 01:10 PM
if you say so.:(

QuadRacer041
09-14-2002, 01:11 PM
i guess ill have to run in the c class then

330exracer122
09-14-2002, 01:17 PM
ill be runnin meth an rdy to whip some 400ex but!!!!!

Ham Sandwich
09-14-2002, 06:42 PM
umm i think i may be showing up for this one

:)

QuadRacer041
09-15-2002, 07:21 AM
do you mean meth, the fuel, or do you just not know how to spell something.

330exracer122
09-15-2002, 08:11 AM
fuel

QuadRacer041
09-15-2002, 09:27 AM
o ok

YamaWarr0121
09-15-2002, 05:07 PM
is it an AMA santioned event? if not do you ahve to be over 16 to race or even ride on the track?
and anywhere else to get info on it??
thanks

beerock
09-15-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna try to make it, im rebuilding my top end for the race, I also hope my friend has the laeger swingarm for my bike..

other wise ill end up breaking my swingarm....

yo goin 041?

the classes are wacked out, 250b has banshees in it..

but that aint no thing......

CrazyMan250r
09-15-2002, 07:10 PM
what up quad041?
im going down to thunder in the sand the 10th till the 14th. Ive never been down there before and this is going to be my first actualy real race if i am allowed to do it since im 15. I think i shold be allowed if i have a paper signed by my parents. That dude said they are running banshees in the 250 class..does that mean i can run my 330 in like 250c then or do i have to go into open? just wondering if you know. let me know whats the deal. maybe we can park together if we go.

QuadRacer041
09-16-2002, 04:08 AM
yeah im goin,
it will be my first time down there too.should be awsome
not sure if im going to run the R or the 400, im kinda leanin towards the 400 it might be able to get better traction in the sand.
http://www.the-wildwoods.com/events/events.html

heres a link to the site

CrazyMan250r
09-16-2002, 07:15 AM
quad041 what up
since i only have two 250r's thats what im going to be using. im acutally selling one if you know anyone interested(mostly a stocker) Imma run my new 330 motor though. Rite now im debating whether to switch the sprockets and rear tires. Rite now i have radials on the front and 18 inch turftamers. i might even go down like that. let me know what you are going to run.

QuadRacer041
09-16-2002, 10:40 AM
not sure either, i have a set of 18" holeshots and turf's, front radials and front fast trekkers, which may work well im bring them all and am going to test em out at fridays open practice.

CrazyMan250r
09-16-2002, 11:46 AM
i was thinking about running my 18 inch turfs or 18 inch holeshots. im not sure though if my 330 will have too much power for the sand and dig them down. i was thinking about gettin a pair of 20 inch tires...razrs holeshots something that is a little taller. im going down thursday so ill see you at the practice on friday

QuadRacer041
09-16-2002, 12:02 PM
sounds good, you have a pic or you bike and truck?

CrazyMan250r
09-16-2002, 06:16 PM
quad041, whats up man?
sorry i dont have any pics. ill be down there in a older camper..like a 28 foot fleetwood and a 97 tahoe...two tone with white and gold on the bottom of the doors....its got one of those pusher bars on the front...i have a white enclosed trailer, single axle, about 16 feet long with a v-nose front, says shortys racing on the sides of it...i might also have a blue expedition down there too. sorry i dont have pics. my bike is a red framed laeger with red plastics.......i usually wear shift pants that are black and red with a honda fox jersey....im sure youll see me......what are you going to be down there in?

beerock
09-16-2002, 06:27 PM
ok, since I raced there in may ill tell you this, all the 250r riders were mad about the banshees being in the r class.....

ama rules say 265 cc is the limit but yet they had shees in it...350cc?

they may change the rules this year

when we hole shotted most of the banshees were in front....

I hole shotted 4th-5th both motos
the first heat I placed 3rd with two r's in front......(my exhaust popped off because i got hit in tht rear)- so I had no top end- I was battling for 2nd- no top end though.......:o

so the banshees werent a problem the first heat...

2nd heat on the second day was a bit different.

obviously the less experienced shee riders got some experience from the first heat on day 1 so, i think the closest r to me on heat 2 the second day hole shot was in 8th. I was surrounded by banshees (16 riders in my heat. half was shees)

one of the bikes was a curtis sparks 265.

so I dont care either way.

they did separate 250b into 2 separate races....... i was in the 2nd separated 250b race.

so in a word....
I woudl be pretty mad to see a 330r in a 265cc limit ama sanctioned race.

banshees dont scare me but a 330r does...I might race in open class *** well as 250b..

as for the tires I woudl help but this is a race, so i keep my setup to myself.

I can tell you not to run radials though.....

I washed out because of them in the 2nd heatrace :o

I was dead last and came back to finish 8th....for a overall of 4th..

its a awesome race , and it will probably be better this time around because it wont be as hot. I believe it was like 100 degrees in may for the race the first day and like 80-90 the 2nd.....

heh and then the next week it got cold.....go figure

crazy man, if you can run your stock r run that, or make it so you have all your hopped up parts with the 250 motor..

I feel not following ama rules is cheating... just like the shees in the 250r class..- the race is a bit wackie....

ahhh screw it bring what you want, the whoops will sort everyone out...

CrazyMan250r
09-16-2002, 06:36 PM
you beerock... i was planning on running in the open class cause i go by the rules. i was just curious when you said they had banshees running in the 250 class. i guess ill find out what the deal with the classes is when i call to register. i didnt think radials were going to work good but im going to bring them down with me and see what works best in the practice on friday...i got a few options i can go with so ill test them out. see you down there.

beerock
09-16-2002, 11:57 PM
screw it if they let banshees in again just sign up...

QuadRacer041
09-17-2002, 03:56 AM
ill probably be bring both bikes just in case something happens to the one im running,
which means ill probbly run the open class so i can run the r os the 400.
even if i run the 250 class banshee's dont scare me i have beaten them manny times before, if a banshee beats me its because the rider is better then me and he deserves to win so.....

anyway ill have my yellow 400ex and my black and red R, my gray chevy 2500hd pick up, but im not sure how ill get the bikes there ill either have one bike on my truck and then my small tariler or ill be with my freinds 16ft white inclosed trailer.

heres my bikes.

CrazyMan250r
09-17-2002, 07:08 PM
whats up man? ill look for you down at the race...where do you plan on sleeping? a hotel or on the beach? my mom's gettin a hotel but imma camp out on the beach with my grandpas camper and fathers truck. maybe we can park together so we at least know people. if you need a hand or vise versa. id rather just be next to someone i kinda know better than a complete stranger. what day are you going down also? we plan on leaving that thursday to get down so we can go on the beach andpark at the check in time whatever it is. then be there for the practice friday. let me know whats up...oh and that beerock dude.....sounds like he's ****tin his pants over us...hehe......later man

400exRacerX
09-17-2002, 08:12 PM
I'll also be attending this race, I'll be running the 416 since my 250r doesnt get too good traction in the sand.

You'll see me running 4 stroke B.

QuadRacer041
09-18-2002, 04:13 AM
ill probably leave friday morning, im not sure were im satyin depends on if my wife comes down or not, i would sleep in my truck but i dont think she will,haha.but i would rather park with people i sorta know too.
i agree norm r would suck tracktion wise, looks like me and you will be runnin against each other :devil
norm any of your other ridin buddies commin?

beerock
09-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CrazyMan250r
oh and that beerock dude.....sounds like he's ****tin his pants over us...hehe......later man
not really dude:huh

hey if everyones goin down there I'll sleep on the beach....the best spot to park is right at the entrance way to the track.

juts to let you guys know other wise you risk running back to your trailer and hopping on your bike and rushing up to the gate.....(all out of breath)

this should be fun guys.....quad 041 I would bring your enclosed...

if its hot the trailer will help escape the heat....

we need to get a exriders banner.......

the r's do spin but you need the right tire/rear suspension set up to get it right.

the shees dont scare me either.....

when I was racing against them I was sitting there praying on them, waiting for them to tire out and blow by them, that 100 extra pounds gets them tired quicker...

its hard to pass in the turns.... its always grooved....one lane....

the straights are the spot to pass.....if you guys run 4 stroke class ill help you out with tire setup.... im me....

330exracer122
09-20-2002, 05:00 PM

330exracer122
09-20-2002, 05:00 PM
well looks like ill be goin look for me thier.. this is what my quad will look like kind of it look somewhat diiferent.. nerfbars bumber tires etc... o yea an clean!!!!!!!

kc 300EX
09-20-2002, 06:30 PM
Suppose you were only 15 and non-AMA member, could you lie about your age and join when you get there?

330exracer122
09-20-2002, 06:35 PM
yes u can that what im doin lmao

kc 300EX
09-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Lol, is that really gonna work dude? I dont wanna drive 4 hours and have to sit and watch the whole time with my quad on the trailer!!

Also, is there a District fee you gotta pay? for a card or anything, or is an AMA card all thats needed?

330exracer122
09-20-2002, 08:33 PM
all u need is ama an money for da race.. my friend pulled this of easy all u need is to get ur parents to sign that ur 16 an ur set.

kc 300EX
09-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Ok, Im really gonna try to go, working on getting a ride.

I was wondering if you guys who have done this before can give me any tips, I guess Ill be in the Four-stroke B class on my 300EX. I was just looking for some advice about the track, or atleast a description of how it might be set up. If you dont wanna give away any secrets you have, Ill understand, maybe youll wanna PM me to help me out, Id really appreciate it, thanx a lot guys.

kc 300EX
09-24-2002, 02:49 PM
No one wants to help out? at all? You just wanna make fun of me when I get there and have the wrong tires and wrong sprockets and wrong gear on and I come in dead last and everyone is calling me SQUID! thanx guys, i see how it is:(

jeepinjp
09-24-2002, 05:22 PM
Here`s what u ought to be doing on saturday if you want to continue to ride in N.J.
New Jersey Activist Questionnaire
Please Print Clearly

AMA # ______ First Name ____________ Last Name _________________________
Address ___________________________
City ______________________________ State ____ Zip _______ - _____ (+4)
Daytime Phone ( ) ____ - _____ext.____ Evening Phone ( ) ____ - ________

Do you plan to attend: ___ RIPA
___ NJOHV Meeting ___ Both

E-mail or Internet address __________________________________
May we use this to send you alerts and releases? Yes No
Occupation ________________________
Are you a registered voter? Yes No
Party affiliation: Democrat / Republican / Other ____________________________
Motorcycling Interest _ Touring/Sport Touring
_ Off-Highway _ Dual Sport_ Collector
_ Amateur Competition _ Pro Racing
Motorcycling related organizations which you belong _________________________
_ Environmental _ Other _____________
Is there any other special expertise or skills you would like to list? ___________________ _____________________________________
Please attach a separate sheet if necessary

Return to:
Merri Waters, Assistant
AMA Community Council Program
13515 Yarmouth Drive
Pickerington, OH 43147
The AMA/ATVA government relations department will be conducting a Ride Into Political Action seminar at the National Conference Center adjacent to the Ramada Inn, 399 Monmouth Street, East Windsor, New Jersey on Saturday October 12, 2002. We’ll begin promptly at 8:30 am and take until approximately 6:00 pm. Lunch will be provided. If you need to make room reservations call 609-448-7000. Immediately following will be a reception for those wanting to be involved in forming a new statewide OHV organization.
We will identify common political objectives throughout the diversity of riders and learn to function with existing infrastructure to strengthen the collective voice of motorcyclists, ATV riders and other OHV enthusiasts in New Jersey. We will discuss ways to maintain relations with elected officials and bureaucrats in your area. Other topics will include speaking out for OHV recreation, lobbying in Trenton and at home, writing editorials for local media, attending political fund raisers and receptions, effective letter writing and involvement in political parties.
On Sunday October 13, 2002 the AMA/ATVA will sponsor a meeting, in the same location, to allow all interested parties to begin the formation of New Jersey’s new OHV statewide voice. Russ Ehnes, Executive Director, National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council will moderate the meeting, while Bill Dart, Public Lands Director of the Blue Ribbon Coalition will be a guest speaker.

Why New Jersey and why Now?

Not satisfied with Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regulation that prohibits the operation of off-highway motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles in state parks and forests, Assembly member Eric Munoz (R – Summit) proposes to ban them as a matter of law. In May, Munoz introduced Assembly Bill 2238 which not only reiterates the general ban on motorized recreation but would also prohibit the DEP from permitting any motorized “special events” in state parks and forests.
Now the same anti-access campaign that prompted the Munoz bill is being employed to bias Governor McGreevey against off-highway motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle enthusiasts. Clearly, anti-access special interest groups plan to scuttle any opportunity for public motorized recreation in New Jersey.
It is imperative that New Jersey’s elected officials hear from the motorized community.
This weekend conference is designed to bring all interested parties to the table for training, discussion and empowerment to secure a positive future for OHV recreation in the Garden State.

AGENDA for October 12, 2002
Subject to Change

8:00 am – Continental Breakfast

8:30 am – Ride Into Political Action Seminar begins with introductions

10:00 am – BREAK

10:15 am – How a Bill Becomes Law – When, Where and How YOU can interact

11:00 am – Political Involvement – The Party System

12:00 pm – Deli Lunch provided by the American Motorcyclist Association

1:00 pm – Working with political candidates

2:00 pm – BREAK

2:15 pm – Dealing with politicians after they are in place

3:00 pm – Roll playing exercise

3:30 pm - Tips on Making Effective Letters and Phone Calls

4:00 pm – Letter writing exercise and BREAK

5:00 pm - How Riders Can Influence the Administrative Bureaucracies

5:30 pm – Pursue the Press

5:50 pm - Where Do We Go From Here?
Your Activist Challenge

7:30 – 9:00 pm – RECEPTION sponsored by the American Motorcyclist Association

AGENDA for October 13, 2002
Subject to Change

8:00 am – Continental Breakfast

8:30 am – New Jersey’s OHV United Voice moderated by Russ Ehnes, Executive Director, National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council, begins with introductions

10:00 am – BREAK

2:00 pm – ADJOURNMENT

Garden State Motorized Recreation Summit
October 12 & 13, 2002
East Windsor, NJ

JP

330exracer122
09-24-2002, 06:42 PM
dude lol i don't know what to tell u i would need to ride ur bike... im not used to pos stock 300 motors

QuadRacer041
09-25-2002, 01:19 PM
wow, 330 u got some attitude, you talk like that to the wrong person you might wind up gettin your ***** kicked.

330exracer122
09-25-2002, 04:35 PM
i was just sayin im noy used to a stock motor so ican't help him jeez. c yea guys at da race..

kc 300EX
09-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Thanx dudes, that helps a lot, I guess Ill just take my piece of $hit stocker and wing it

Look for me there, say hi, dis my quad, whatever, ill be riding the Piece of $hit stocker-it will probly have backwards Sur Traks on it, im just guessing cuz sand ya know, tamers might not be good, rear wheel spacers, flipped front rims, yea I like the bump steer ok, race cut front fenders, very bad job BTW, WB-e-series exaust, Renthals, PRM bumper, black helmet, Ill prolly be one of the first to wreck to, im putting in a wiseco piston right now, std bore, I might break it in wrong, or adjust the valves wrong, so maybe itll be making funny noises too? who knows, See-ya there!

beerock
09-26-2002, 10:37 AM
I just got my laeger -3/4 " swingarm and my new top end, im ong to install them in a hour or so, then its time to practice....:devil

im pissed that i only have two weeks... but oh well......

heres my bike if you see me say whats up!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=147715

lou, I really want to park next to you and norm(if he comes):rolleyes:

we should park by the entrance to the track(where the quads wait for there class race) I cant stress this enough, it is the best spot. you can stay cool until they call your class instead of sitting in the sun...

I doubt it will be hot but you never know we could get a scorcher (like it was in may)100+ degrees

330exracer122
09-28-2002, 02:19 PM
u shouldn't be racinin a brand new motor

QuadRacer041
09-28-2002, 02:30 PM
ill be there friday morning and ill try to get as close as i can.

330exracer122
09-28-2002, 03:19 PM
cool ill be thier friday mornin to green 99 isuzu rodeo won't have a trailer my friend is bringin up my quad on thursday.. can't wait to see yea lou

QuadRacer041
09-28-2002, 03:25 PM
lets just hope for good weather

330exracer122
09-28-2002, 03:26 PM
yepper i don't want to get my *** kicked in the rain lol :)

beerock
10-02-2002, 12:01 AM
its getting close boys, two weeks away and counting......300exracer, the motor is now thoroughly broken in, I just have to play with my jetting a bit. Im running the 86 piston spacer set up and the bike is definately revvving out more.....

lil400exman
10-02-2002, 10:25 AM
did anyone use vp sugar and spice fuel...??? it makes me run easily run 15hp over stok then with my pipe it is sumthin else.........:devil :blah lol

QuadRacer041
10-03-2002, 03:18 AM
no turnin back now, my motel room is booked, im ready.

does anyone have any advise on using vp race gas in a stock motor?think it would do any good?

330exracer122
10-03-2002, 02:18 PM
no its a waiste but it sure does smell good. u can get high off vp when ur their :)

CrazyMan250r
10-03-2002, 05:37 PM
quad041
whats up man? havent been in the chat latley....a week from today and ill be leaving to go down. where are you staying down there? you said you already made your reservations? my mom still didnt do that yet. she better get her *** to it already! i use vp c-12...seems to run pretty good in my motor as it was recommened to use with my engine. going this weekend to jackfrost to practice some and set up my bike for the beach. lets pray for beautiful weather.

beerock
10-03-2002, 05:57 PM
if you run race gas quad 041 youll be running richer then normal and prolly wont make more power, you may ven lose some power....

damn lou, you need to give me your phone #

I thought you guys were staying on the beach??

optikid123
10-03-2002, 07:44 PM
can u get in if u have someone say your 16 or do they ask for proof

400exRacerX
10-03-2002, 08:41 PM
Well alls I got to say is you better not be in my way!!! MAHUHAHAUHAUAHAHUAHHUAH!!!

I'm feeling another 1st place B-class trophie coming towards my way!:devil

I almost got a deal on a 20ft enclosed trailer locked down too.

QuadRacer041
10-04-2002, 04:13 AM
crazy, u better get on that, or there might not be any rooms left, there is some big soccer tournament down there that weekend too.

beerock,my thoughts were the same on the race gas i just wanted to see what everyone else would say.we were going to stay on the beach but my wife may come down saturday morning and i remembered that i need to take a shower after a day of racing.

norm, u better not get in my way cause im gonna ram you, lol
just kiddin, im not expecting to do that well really, it will be my first race, plus as you saw when we went to rausch im really not a fast rider just a good jumper i ride around the track niceand slow and then speed up to hit the jumps. but we'll see what happens. i would hope i finish better then mid pack, i will be happy with that.

im gonna take a pic of my truck so u guys know were i am, norm has seen it already though.

here is a link about the race at the bottom of the page you can click on lodging and find all the motels down there.

http://www.the-wildwoods.com/events/events.html

beerock
10-07-2002, 08:48 AM
well now i have a week to tear my motor apart and put it back together, since I cracked my left case :(

well see if i get it done..........

330exracer122
10-07-2002, 10:01 AM
bee christ fix that whore!!

kc 300EX
10-07-2002, 01:17 PM
good luck beerock! looking forward to meeting you

QuadRacer041
10-07-2002, 01:48 PM
jesus beerock your bike brakes down too much.:rolleyes:

10-07-2002, 02:05 PM
yo im 16 and can race but my cousin is 15. do u guys think **** be about to sign up down there. or not even try. what about if he has some1 sign for him.. also this is my first race..you guys have suggestions like 18in 20in tires what size sproctets..anything like that.

kc 300EX
10-07-2002, 04:25 PM
fourzerozero---you gonna go? that would be great! you can pay me the damn money you owe me

beerock
10-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by quad041
jesus beerock your bike brakes down too much.:rolleyes:

what do ya mean lou?
I cracked my swingarm in spring.......everyone cracks the stock swing arms.....

this case problem is the first problem I have had since I built the motor.why you gotta diss muh bike?e it that
**** happens.... you never broke a case? YOU must not ride it that hard.
:rolleyes: :p :blah
j/k

330exracer122
10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
yepper stock swing suck *** lets hope my holds up for da race. **** u u pos 3inch crack!!!!

10-07-2002, 05:49 PM
yo 330 your 15 and are gonna race? i dont understnad how

330exracer122
10-07-2002, 06:51 PM
ama doesnot ask for identifaction so my parents say yes im 16 an voila im a lil 16 yr ol ******..

10-07-2002, 07:05 PM
so he just says his 16 and has him mom sign for him??

QuadRacer041
10-07-2002, 07:06 PM
easy man im just messin with yea.
haha

QuadRacer041
10-08-2002, 04:23 AM
i have BAD news, i dont think im going to wildwood.
bee, as you know ive been having a problem with a pinched nerve in my lower back for a while now, went down to our practicetrack on sunday toget some lapps in and while hitting a small double ma ***** was to close to the seat and it sprung up and hit me re agrravating my back. i was pissed because up untill then it was feeling fine. i went to the chiro..... sunday night and yesterday and he advised me to take some time off to let it heal. so..................i guess im done for a while UUURRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
but it was starting to affect me working, so i gotta worry about that first.
we'll see what happens maybe ill come down to watch.
sorry guys, was lookin forward hangin with all of yeah, hopefully ill be better within like a month or so and we can hit rausch sometime in late november.

beerock
10-09-2002, 06:20 PM
damn, I could rush and put my bike together for the race. I have been looking forward to it....

hmmmm, we'll see......im still working on the motor, I got my case tonight, and i pulled the whole motor apart today.....

though, the cutch basket is worn and hmmm, well, we'll see......

330exracer122
10-09-2002, 07:43 PM
god damnit bee get ur *** down here!!!!!!!!

beerock
10-11-2002, 10:40 AM
its rainin and my motor is apart dnf

optikid123
10-11-2002, 12:41 PM
well its friday and been pooring all day up here in manasquan

400exRacerX
10-11-2002, 02:06 PM
F dis shiz in the B. Its raining and I'm going to rausch tomorrow were it will be sunny.:)

QuadRacer041
10-11-2002, 03:01 PM
well at leaste the rain is holdin alot of people from racin, now i dont feel so bad that im out of comistion for a while.
norm when we were at rausch that time your freind said he used to ride at the oakland sand pits, have u ever been there?

330exracer122
10-13-2002, 04:03 PM
well i got 12th over all in 4 stroke B. in the first moto i was in 6th hit a double cased it staled and wouldn't start up for some odd reason in the last race i pulled 8th place. i even kicked some cannondale asss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kc 300EX
10-13-2002, 11:15 PM
ok, im confused how they scored this........there were three "gates" (not heats) for 4-stroke B, I was in the third one, the forst race I got 5th, and the second I got 6th, wich gave me a 6th overall, but that wasnt for 4 stroke B, that was for the third gate of 4-stroke B, so yeah, dont get it

beerock
10-13-2002, 11:18 PM
there were so many 4 strokes that they had separate races....thats what the gates relly mean....