PDA

View Full Version : Kind of weird questions.

kyleschonert
11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I went riding today, after racing yesterday, and I figured out that I am really out of shape. But on to what I really started this thread for.

When I was riding today, under accelaration, towards the front of the quad, it felt like something was bouncing around, or knocking I guess you could say. It just felt weird, their wasnt a ticking or knocking sound, but you could feel it, and their was a slight sound, but I can't really describe it.

I know it is not detonating. I detonation on my 300EX and I know this is not it becuase we are running 110 in the LT-R. But I'm just worried what this could be. I didnt feel a loss in power at all either, like when I heard the noise.

So I guess what I am basically asking if you all think it has something to do with the motor? I'm not sure how many hours it has on it, not a ton, and the oil was changed already, and it looks good right now. I have a DASA full exhaust and CRBM. And we are running 110 Octane as stated above.

I have a race this weekend and then I have a 3 week break. Should I have my valves checked/adjusted? And should I take it to a dealer to do this? Or should I take it to my motor builder who I trust? Or the cheapest? lol. I just dont want to have any problems at all.

Everything up front looked tight so Im not sure what the problem was, And it was weird because it would only do it when I was on the track. When I would ride around in the field, it wouldnt do it. So I guess I can see if it makes the sound while I am racing next weekend. I just wanted all of your thoughts on this.

One other question, I was letting my quad idle for a while last night because my battery was dead for some reason, and it was getting quite hot. When I would give it throttle it would bog for a second, or die. And, on the holeshot, when i would grab the breaks and slow down fastly, the quad would stall, but when I let off the clutch, it would come back to life?? Is this because of the tip over sensor or what ever?? And, when I would ride over jumps, it would do the same thing, but sometimes not come back to life. I am guessing I need one of the swirl tank assemblie filters.

Sorry for all of the questions, and thank you to all who answer to them.

HondaEXrider22
11-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Sure it was from the motor? Could be something stupid like a loose bolt or plastics or smething like that.

SidewaysSam
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
have you had the valves checked? i dont know what they recommend for new quads, but im sure they will need to be adjusted after youve gone through a few tanks. The dealership should do it for free since its new, at least thats what sparks n sons do. btw, kyle, i lost my phone in lake superior - long story, pm me with your number sometime cause i dont have it anymore.