PDA

View Full Version : derisi or LT?

rollie
11-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Well ive been thinking alot lately about what im going to go with for suspension,ive bassically narrowed it down too either....Jb a-arms, derisi triple rate ZPS rebuilds with the dual rate rebuild in in the rear with the new link, or Gibson long travel with Axis shocks, or walsh long travel with PEP shocks

JB/Derisi set up pros-
.triple rate shocks
.vavled specificly for me
.PRICE, A-arms, linkage,and all three shocks would be under $1500
. Both front and rear shocks taken care of
.derisi can get 2 inches more travel from the front shocks

JB/Derisi cons-
.Standard travel
. not to sure how well they can make stock shocks for motocross, could they handle anything front breaking bumps to 90 foot jumps well?
.eveually going to replace with long travel once im in B class or A class, im in C class right now.

Gibson or walsh/ with Axis or PEP pros-
.Best shocks/a-arms out there.
.wouldnt have to replace for 2-3 seasons
.Awsome resale value
. could with out a doubt handle everything i could put it threw

Gibson or walsh/ with Axis or PEP cons-
Extremely expensive, does a competeative C class racer really need a $2500 front end?
The rear shocks/linkage would be stock for a while after i got the front end
wouldnt be able to get small things done to the quad because of all the money i spent on the front end (E.I hood,powder coating, seat.

so its tough to decide, both have good and bad sides, what do you think?

MX MaNiAc 06
11-26-2006, 06:32 PM
I had to make the same decision as u and chose LT.

I figure with how fast my skills out did my stock shocks it wouldnt take much longer to outdo stock rebuild shocks. Long travel will keep me busy for awhile. ;)

It does suck that i cant buy anything else. I just snapped an axle and if they dont refund my axle i will be on a stock one until summer time probly. I also need tires, plastic, rims.

It will only take a couple months to afford a rear shock. By the time racing season comes i will be ready to go.

Architects
11-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Same decision here. Not to Hi-jack your thread but Im curious how much abuse the stockers can handle revlaved and resprung?

MX450
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
would like to hear opinions on this as well, im trying to decide the same thing.. and almost identical setups planned as well, either derisi with jb std trv, or jp/pep LT, going with stock rebuilds ill save around 2 grand, which would allow me to get just about everthing else ie, beadlocks, nerfs, bars, ect.

TCracin440ex
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Extremely expensive, does a competeative C class racer really need a $2500 front end?

you answerd your own question right there, if you were an A class or B class rider id say get the LT, but the stock revalves will do you just fine, this is what ive heard from serveral...i know when i go to redo the frontend on my 450, imma rebuild my stockers instead of buying new ones...cheaper and saves me more money for aftermarket goodies

Airik79mx
11-27-2006, 06:16 AM
The problem with buying standard travel now then getting better and buying long travel you spend alot more money in the long run. And C class or A class.. nothing is like having long travel on those nasty braking bumps or making a mistake in the air. It can save you from crashing in some cases. But in the end it all comes down to cash...

MX MaNiAc 06
11-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
you answerd your own question right there, if you were an A class or B class rider id say get the LT, but the stock revalves will do you just fine, this is what ive heard from serveral...i know when i go to redo the frontend on my 450, imma rebuild my stockers instead of buying new ones...cheaper and saves me more money for aftermarket goodies

I think with LT he could jump to B class.

blakefoote
11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
i would say go ahead and get the LT but the derisies are great!

pudamac12
11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
I would go long travel because if you have no clue on how to setup your suspension the long travel setup will allow more room for error. Most a class guys know exactly what they want out of their shocks and could get away with a standard travel setup. I would go motowoz/smc arms and save some money over the other setups. 1900 for a front end that can't be beat. If you need more info pm me and I will give you all the details you might need.

rollie
11-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pudamac12
I would go long travel because if you have no clue on how to setup your suspension the long travel setup will allow more room for error. Most a class guys know exactly what they want out of their shocks and could get away with a standard travel setup. I would go motowoz/smc arms and save some money over the other setups. 1900 for a front end that can't be beat. If you need more info pm me and I will give you all the details you might need.

i know how to setup suspesion, and i am getting my suspension tuned by dave therrian to make sure everything is perfect before the season starts.