PDA

View Full Version : major tranny problems

honda300EXtreme
11-26-2006, 11:58 AM
ok let me try to explain what happened

i rode my quad for about 15 minutes and all of the sudden it locked up, and that was pretty much it i had to be towed home while i held the clutch in , and now it doesnt seem to have neutral, the light comes on but it still jumps forward when started, so it will only run with the clutch in and it totally unrideable

so im lost, help would be appreciated:confused:

powderider87
11-26-2006, 01:54 PM
huh, i was having problems with my 400ex , it was really hard to switch gears when not moving. i pulled the rubber skirt back on the clutch pertch and found out that the cable had loosened a lot. so i adjusted it and now its fine.

honda300EXtreme
11-26-2006, 06:26 PM
yea its not clutch cable adjustment its something internal and i dont now its so confusing because the counter shaft is always spinning and you can hear something clicking in the tranny

so im totally lost?:confused:

Wheelie
11-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Pull the clutch cover assembly off and make sure the shift mechanism is all there and good shape. I assume the clutch works properly?

If the shift mechanism under the clutch cover is ok, it's time to split the cases and buy a good repair manual.

honda300EXtreme
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
the clutches seem to engage properly but its like the gears are screwed up cause it like it cant go more than 5ft before it locks up and there seems to be no nuetral