PDA

View Full Version : rincon tye rods

JW450R1
11-26-2006, 05:28 AM
i'm having a problem with my tye rods being loose.i had the recall done.and the new ones are even looser than the orignal ones.i don't have any hours on this rincon 650 for a 05.honda told me it was normal.is any-one having a ny problems with the replacement oem tye rod ends

Quadboy14
12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
you can make your own for cheap... clotheshangers+jb weld=brandy new... I do it all the time;)

JW450R1
12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
wow that's all.can u post some pics and instructions.i would gladdly appreciate it;)

Quadboy14
12-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll take some tommorow.

MarylandATVcom
12-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Instead of replacing the ends have you taken them off and added a little lock tight?
I own a 06 680 and after a few months of riding I had a tye rod get a little loose on me and at first it looked like the one end was bad? I turned out the cotter pin just didn't line up as good as it should and it came a little loose. After adding a little lock tight I have been fine ever since.

~Coop

JW450R1
12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
where r u installing the loc-tite.to the threads,because the joint assemblies r loose inside

MarylandATVcom
12-19-2006, 10:18 AM
On mine I first thought the joint was loose inside and it turned out to be the cotter pin just didn't line up correctly so I added
loc-tite to the threads and its fine. So you might wanna double check?

If my Joints where loose I would just take then to the Dealer and make sure they replaced them with the new ends and/or if you didn't wanna mess with the Dealer? 06 Rincon tie rod ends run about 10 bucks each.

~Coop

JW450R1
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
well i had the recall done on the tie rod ends.they are looser now then they were before i took it in for the recall.i can actually turn the handle bars back and forth and hear a clunking noise.i am going to double check the nuts with the cotter pins.i will let u know.

JW450R1
01-01-2007, 05:37 AM
ok finally just got some time and checked my tye rod ends again.tightened up all the tye rond end nuts.still no good.u can actually turn the handle bars and hear the rods banging.so i shook the tires back and forth.there is a lot of play in the joint assembly still.and yes they are the new recall tye rod ends.i have about 3 hours on them since the recall was performed from honda.they told me that this is normal on any atv.they didn't have a 05 rincon on the floor to conpair too.i checked my mx 450r,stock 400ex,dad's foreman.there all tight.can some-one please shack there tire back and forth and let me no.i would really appreciate it.:confused:

MarylandATVcom
01-01-2007, 08:27 AM
No its not normal. One more thing for you to do a quick check on, If you haven't? The bottom of the steering stem on most all Rincons seems to come loose from time to time and can cause the same symptoms. It wasn't but one or two rides after I re-tightened my ends and added loc-tite that it turned out I had the same problem with the cotter pin and the bottom steering stem bolt.

Any time you have a problem its best if you contact Honda directly (866) 784-1870 have them open a file on the problem. They will assign you a rep that will contact the dealer in your area for you. For me when ever corporate called the Machine got fixed a little faster and correctly.

~Coop

JW450R1
01-01-2007, 09:12 AM
ok,i'll look-into this today and get back to u later

JW450R1
01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
ok,i took my rincon to honda and let the pro's check it out for my looseness in the tye rod ends.they called me up and said that the tye rod ends all have exessive play in the joint assemblies.ok.but honda wants pics.(hummmmmm).so they took some pics,and sent them into honda.they want my dealer to send in the tye rods with the sleeves so they can check them out.:( i really don't understand.i work for a ford dealer in nj.if i take a look at a car and f it needs work and it's under warrenty and is covered we do it.some times we might have to take a pic's and send it in in the matter of a few minutes.my hole point is that since the recall was already done onn the tye rods 1 year ago,they seem like they don't beleive the dealer.i have 76 miles since they did the recall.
honda is really starting to disappoint me alot.w t f is up with this.......

JW450R1
01-26-2007, 06:17 PM
ok.honda had a REP come out to look at my quad.they said that the play wasn't in the tye rod ends,it was in the bottom of the steering stem were the plate/bracket were the tye rod ends tighten to the tem is loose.they said that it is normal play for having 100-150 miles on the quad.honda REP said that it was with-in specs.so i asked what the specs were and they didn't know.boy they are good.so i asked them for my EXTENDED WARRENTY $$$$$ back since it wasn't cover and they said i have to call the 1-800 number to get any further resoults.boy i just don't understand honda always trying to get out of everything for WARENTY ISSUES.has any one gotton any where with honda.i mean come on they quad is almost still new.no other quad or honda quad has this much play in the front end.when i shake the tires i can hear it banging,which honda is calling with-in specs.i have compared to other qauds and they are all tight.

JW450R1
02-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Alright Honda called me back and said they were going to take care of the steering stem looseness.