PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cover Help???

BLURR250X
09-14-2002, 09:28 AM
I just got a Graves seat cover and I don't want to mess it up when I put it on. I'm not sure which part of the seat you want to start stapleing the cover on.So does anyone know any special tricks when putting on a seat cover?

09-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Start at the top of the seat. fold about an inch under the bottem then staple it. then just work your way down the sides, make sure its tight though you dont want to have ripples.. If you cant figure this out try going to a local shop they should be able to do it no problem. Good Luck!!
Joe

Rastus
09-14-2002, 07:54 PM
I just ordered a new seat cover too.

Do I just get a heavy duty stapler and staples(you know what I mean,) and staple her on?

I know to stretch it out over the seat good, just find a good spot, and staple it on, then do the other side while stretching it a bit?

Sorry, I've just never done this b 4 .

Sick0
09-15-2002, 12:20 PM
This guy I know who puts on alot of seat cover, use a blow dryer. It works real good. No wrinkles.

BLURR250X
09-15-2002, 12:29 PM
I just used an electric stapler with 3/8 in. staples. It worked pretty good for me.

09-15-2002, 12:32 PM
yeah you gotta use those heavy duty staples

Sick0
09-15-2002, 02:27 PM
And put staple too of course. The blow dryer just heats up the cover and make it easyer to work with.

southex
09-15-2002, 03:22 PM
I had best results when I started with the dip in the seat and then worked down from there. I used 3/8" staples also. It is pretty hard to mess up, if you get ripples just take the staples out in that area and stretch again. Good luck.

300exryder
09-15-2002, 04:05 PM
I had no trouble at all with mine. I went all the way around putting in about 10 staples to hold it on and then started at the front and had soeone hold it taut as i stapled it. I made one bad mistake-- i used staples that were too long and made 4 pinholes in teh side -- not really noticeable but i think water gets through. I just took them out and used smaller ones. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to put it on -- just make sure you pull it tight.

300exryder
09-15-2002, 04:06 PM
I had no trouble at all with mine. I went all the way around putting in about 10 staples to hold it on and then started at the front and had soeone hold it taut as i stapled it. I made one bad mistake-- i used staples that were too long and made 4 pinholes in teh side -- not really noticeable but i think water gets through. I just took them out and used smaller ones. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to put it on -- just make sure you pull it tight. Don' worry about how many staples you put in. I must have used like 200. They go all the way around in a line -- my seat cover isnt going anywhere!!

Sick0
09-15-2002, 04:22 PM
I bought the skins graphics kit and seat civer togather and never put it on. I'm a lazy ***c.