PDA

View Full Version : HRC end cap

450RgETiRdONE
11-26-2006, 12:24 AM
I recently purchased the HRC end cap for my stock pipe. I dont have the full HRC kit keep in mind.

My question I have is that do I need to rejet my motor with this end cap or leave it alone. When i give it gas seems start bog but then its fine once i keep going with it. If i punch the gas as if im wanting take off the line it seems to bog just a little. hmm.

i'm running no air box lid, stage 2 DYNO jetting with k&n.

Sjorge450R
11-26-2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by 450RgETiRdONE
I recently purchased the HRC end cap for my stock pipe. I dont have the full HRC kit keep in mind.

My question I have is that do I need to rejet my motor with this end cap or leave it alone. When i give it gas seems start bog but then its fine once i keep going with it. If i punch the gas as if im wanting take off the line it seems to bog just a little. hmm.

i'm running no air box lid, stage 2 DYNO jetting with k&n.

def need to change your main jet up like 3 sizes. Maybe even more. IM not too familar with the 450r's yet.

450RgETiRdONE
11-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Okay i'll look into it a little more. When I pulled stock end cap off it seems like a Quiet core of some sort is being removed too. Some long shaft looking deal. And now its just a big fatte 2.5 inch pipe end cap. So seems like air get out of there faster now.

any one else have this end cap mod? any help would be great thanks.

jet currently running is a DJ170 for under 3000 feet elev.

and for after marker pipe says run a dj 175! hmm maybe ill try that see how she runs.

TWILES
11-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I put the end cap on my wife's and went up to a 125 main with the lid on and I'm under 3000 feet. I'm not real good with jetting but a 170 seems like too much.

450RgETiRdONE
11-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Ah ni DJ (DYNO JET)170 they are a different sub set if you will in jetting. so a DJ170 could be in relation to a 130 if your jetting. its a weird DYNO JETTING issue. Dyno Jet has there own numbers. I'm assuming.

y3llow400ex
11-26-2006, 11:27 PM
mine has had the dreaded bog since the day i got it. i installed the hrc end cap and it didnt seem to make anything worse

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
so sense you have purchased your 450 it has always bogged, did you do anything to it once you got the bike. it should not do that. thats not normal.

you installed end cap then wut it still bogged or its better now. when you installed the end cap did you change the jetting?

i'll change my jetting to a 175 main see that cuts out my bog. i'm sure it will!

RedRaider
11-27-2006, 05:01 PM
anyone have an hrc end cap they want to sell?

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Go to this site. Its for sale!

320043559396 look that number up in ebay. copy and paste it in the search box on ebay.com

y3llow400ex
11-28-2006, 11:25 PM
i guess i need to get it to the shop. ever since i've owned it (4-5 months) if ur at a slow roll and mash the throtle it falls on its face then takes off. What i was saying is it wasnt any diffrent once i installed the end cap, still the same exact bog as with the factory end cap. i guess its in the jetting or something???

beany
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
you could do a search on the jetting, there is a thread on the bogging issue. I brought mine in cause it was only a week old and a spent to much money on it to be working on it already but they took care of it.

TWILES
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Not to dog Honda's since I now have one and have had many in the past but a lot of these problems are just typical Honda problems. The Honda's always had weak stock motors and the Yamaha's didn't want to shift gears and my ONE Suzuki (500) just just a piece of ****. The 450's are just going to require some tinkering period.
When I got my WR I had to cut a wire to get YZ timing, YZ throttle stop, take the snorkel out of the airbox and cut 2 holes in the side, a 170 main jet, 48 pilot jet, knock the insert out of the bowl so I could put a Pro Circuit fuel screw in it and take the quiet tip out of the muffler. $30 = 10 horsepower.
With the 450R I bought an HRC tip and a 125 main jet = wouldn't even know it was the same bike.
It sucks that they cost so much but the potential is only limited to your money from what I've seen. I couldn't get used to then at first but I understand them now I love them.

450RgETiRdONE
11-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Sweet sweet. Ya can't really jost bolt on a part thats going to modify it's performance with out modifying the way air/fuel mixture is created.

You add a pipe got change mixture. take off air lid got change mixture. even adding the hrc end cap and taking the old end cap off dramatically changed the way that pipe is going to work. A lot more air is going to be flowing out so motor is not going to operate right got kick up to a higher operating speed. to adjust to the particulars if you will.

Got keep em dialed in...

450RgETiRdONE
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I changed my jetting from DJ170 to DJ175 main from Dyno Jet. It works just fine. NO BOGGING, that worked perfectly!

Any one else have HRC END cap and not change their jetting and is having bogging problems right off that bat with giving it the gas. Change your jetting. Go up one. Works perfectly!!

I'm happy and my bike sounds and hals now!