PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping under load

wvspeedfreak
11-25-2006, 08:33 PM
We were riding today on a track that had one turn in particular that was very loamy(and wet).Every time my son would get in the loamy stuff where the quad was under a load you could hear the engine rev higher but the tires werent turning any faster.It would only do it brieifly right when he was hard on the gas in the mucky stuff then it would be fine.It is a kasea skyhawk 70cc with a Malossi variator and a Hetrick rear clutch.The belt is new and I recently had the clutch off and the shoes are like new.I do know that a couple of the rollers are getting worn but didn't know if that would cause this or not.Also is it possible that the torsion spring could be weak and cause it?Thanks in advance for any input on this.

LT80
11-26-2006, 08:14 AM
The rear torque spring shouldn't do it.
Have you been inside the clutchs yet? Wet inside?

markvette
11-26-2006, 11:14 AM
check the clutch bell out. if it is blue on the outside it has slipped and got hot. the bell is toast then.

Mark

wvspeedfreak
11-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replys guys.The clutch is not wet now but a while back the transmission bolts backed out and got gear oil all over everything and it slipped like heck then.I fixed the problem and cleaned everything up.I bet it messed the bell up then.It is kinda blue.I'll replace that and see what happens....THANKS!!

wvspeedfreak
11-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Well the problem was the clutch shoes and bell.Evidently when the tranny grease got on them it soaked into the shoes and even after I had cleaned everything up some still stayed in the shoe lining and was causing it to slip under a load.I installed a complete new clutch assembly and variator and now have a new problem :ermm: I made another thread about it.