PDA

View Full Version : A clean quad...anyone??

Fear-Nuttin
11-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Here's the deal, I, same as most of you like to get in the mud. I ALWAYS wash my bike down thoruoghly after riding. My question is... what do you guys use as a pre-cleaner to make the mud come off easier? I usually spray the entire bike with WD-40 after washing, sometimes silicone spray. The mud comes off pretty good, but what do you guys use...if anything?

http://www.highestbet.com

Scro
11-25-2006, 06:01 PM
I usually use simple green to loosen the mud after riding. And after the mud is off, I use tire foam on the plastics. I'm not sure if it makes it any easier to get the mud off, but it sure does make the plastics shine.

Fear-Nuttin
11-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Tire foam eh Scro...interesting. I'll try that. I usually use ArmorAll to shine the plastic. Will give tire foam a shot.

Scro
11-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah, just spray it on liberally and let it sit until the "foam" is gone. I usually let it sit overnight. After it dries, just take a rag and wipe it down and your good to go.

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
What i do with the XC quad and now my new UTE is..

After riding or a race I rinse it off when the mud is still wet.

Then the next day (ussually too tired to do it that night) I get a scrub brush and water.soap mix and wash away.

After I get everything done I armorall everything that is plastic and rubber.

then I wipe the whol machine down with WD40 or something similar. Makes it look new too. Also before a race I wipe it down again with WD40.

Fear-Nuttin
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Okay Josh...I'm currently doing the same as you, and just looking for new,different or better ways. Scro mentioned tire foam. Gonna try that next. How do you like your KQ? I was torn between the Grizzly and the KQ. I went with the Grizz...and very pleased. The things a tank! Bet your KQ eats mud for dinner also.

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
I like it very well. Suprisingly fast. Beat my buds 800 Polaris. It handles good. Needs a stab though. I rode my friends 700 Grizz and I like the KQ better. But that is just my prefrence. The rear tires suck A**. They are kinda like the grizz except they have angles cut in the tread:confused: Not sure why that is there. I was puching water with the headlights and have had no problems. I did get stuck once. It was nasty muck. But I did just jumo off and pull up on the rack and got right out.

I need to tires bad lol

Edit. I use the spray foam sometimes. But it dosen't seem to be as slick as the armorall and stuff. The spray foam is nice for my seat and controls though.

Fear-Nuttin
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Ya, my tires suck too. Stock Dunlops are okay, but much better tires out there. I'm going with 26" Mud lite XT's. 1 inch deep lugs. Bring on the mud! Everything I've read about your KQ sounds postive. Good luck with it.

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
My friend has thoughs on his 700 grizz. You can tell they suck a little power but they do AWESOME!!!

My other friend on his Grizz 660 sometime sucks water in from the exhaulst side on the CVT assembly. So that might be somethine you would like to look for snorkeling. I know mine is kinda in a bad spot and I am gunna snorkle it,.