PDA

View Full Version : Axle nut, please help.

Jgoad2
11-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Well i changed my break pads the other day and I noticed the rotor will move forward and back a little bit, as well as the nuts (but they dont move together). I figured this couldnt be good. I tightned the axle nuts up and it still moves. It almost looks as if the threads arent going into the part that hold the rotor. Are the threads supposed to be showing at all and should it go into the part that holds the rotor? Also it was making a wierd nosie kinda of liek a click from the bacl when turing. Thanks for the help everyone im just really confused on this and dont wanna mess with it since ive never dont it before.

exrider008
11-25-2006, 04:35 PM
it sounds to me like u need new axle bearings.

Jgoad2
11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
alright, but are those threads supposed to go in any further? when i look at it close it looks like they stop at the rotor

exrider008
11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
no the threads shouldnt go in any more then that.

Jgoad2
11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
so with new berings the rotor wont move? i just thought the threads should hold the rotor to the axle. I tried posting a pic below where it looks like there is a gap. Wouldnt it be bad for water and mud to get between that space? And how hard is it to change the berings and how much will it cost?

Jgoad2
11-25-2006, 10:09 PM
anyone else?

400ftm
11-26-2006, 10:24 AM
the threads just but up against the brake hub. there is a clip that the outer nut tightens up to and that pushes the whole assembly towards the center. if the nut is snugged up ther won't be any gap. the clicking is prob the axle bearings.