PDA

View Full Version : Z400 exahust Help

07z400
11-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I am definitly getting an exhaust soon and i am wondering where i should order it from and witch exaust i should get. I dont no witch is better i was more Power in like 2-3 gear ( if that matters) for going up sand pit hills
thank you all

05Z400rdr
11-25-2006, 06:07 PM
i personally like Yoshimura myself:cool: www.yoshimura-rd.com

07z400
11-25-2006, 06:18 PM
WOW thats ur quad ? if so nice... so are they good for hill climbs and low end power

05Z400rdr
11-25-2006, 06:26 PM
yeah, thanx. yeah it has a lot of low end power. im not sure about hill climbs...never did many with it...? i ride mostly motocross and woods riding. also, if you want more low end, you can always adjust the sprockets too.

07z400
11-25-2006, 06:33 PM
ok thanks so what Yoshimura pipe do u perfer for the z? does a slip on not include a header? ( i think thats what it is called) . and about how much do you think it will cost for what u perfer . also my friend said a rev box is a nice upgrade is it??

05Z400rdr
11-25-2006, 06:44 PM
any yoshimura exhaust really works great for the z. no a slip on does not include a header. i cant really give a price considering all of the different choices of exhaust for it. also they are made of different materials, aluminum (the cheapest), stainless steel (durable), and titanium (durable and light weight). look on yoshimuras website at all the diff choices and prices: www.yoshimura-rd.com
let me kno how you make out/what u decide

Donkey1
11-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Get a sparks

Flynbryan19
11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
I love the wealth of knowledge and reasoning as to why he should get the Sparks......:rolleyes:

xraven35
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
The yoshi RS-3 exhaust is only about 395 bucks for a full system, works great for me and you dont have to spend top dollar.

Donkey1
11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Well I do not own a dyno. I do not save every little stupid fact on each Pipe. I do ride my bike alot and it is a great pipe. I bought it because my friends a East Coast ATV said I would be happy. I also do alot of hill climbs and that is what the young man asked about.I hope this clears it up for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flynbryan19
11-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Where exactly does it improve the power? Do you feel more torque, is it a good mid-range pipe, or is it all top-end. This felt simply by riding the quad. Everyone comes on here and just says "sparks" or "Duncan" with absolutely no reason why they like it. When people ask for yours(or anyone's) opinion they wanna know WHY you like it.

jonboy
11-28-2006, 12:42 PM
I have the Yosh RS3 full exaust. After jetting and a k&n it woke my KFX right up. It only cost me about $400 and it makes great low/mid range power. I've also installed a 13t front sprocket that definately helps with the low end torque, great for trails/ hills/ jumps etc. It now hits the rev limiter but I will soon put on a aftermarket rev box as soon as I find one that suits my price. But for the $ I have to say you cant go wrong with the yosh systems. Plus Yoshimura put in alot of R&D with suzuki on the Z.

How's That?:devious:

Donkey1
11-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I am running
Sparks full system
13 tooth front sprocket
rejetted my carb
proflow air kit
dyna tech fs programable

Lots of low end but it improves prower throughout.
I could care less what people get I just do not like smart *** comments to posts. I do not pick at people here and do not want people to pick at me.

z40021
11-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I would go with either a sparks racing or a yoshimura. Either exuast is a great choice. Me personally, I cant affoard either but have read about them.

Flynbryan19
11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
No hard feelings meant man. People just come on here looking for information and its very aggrivating when people give half-assed responses. I was just trying to get the info out of you that most people want.(although I do admit I didn't use my "internet etiquette") My apologizes.

07z400
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
yea i think i might go with the Yosh RS3 i read about it sounds good and not top dollars well thank you all. when i buy it and install it i am going to buy a jet kit and a K&n airfilter ( can u tell a diffrence with the airfilter?) also thinking about removing the airbox lid ( will it help in ne way?) but i am not sure how to jet it or what sizes needed ne help is needed thank you all again

Flynbryan19
11-28-2006, 02:06 PM
If you buy a jet kit it will most likely give you a base point to start with with the modifications you've made. Also, you can call the manufacturer of the pipe you buy and ask them if they have any suggestions on where to start. They will usually give ya some help.

05Z400rdr
11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
i know that with my exhaust, (yoshi), i have it jetted and filter. You dont have to have the airbox lid off...with mine, i have a K&N high flow airfilter with Outerwears and it works like a dream. If i were you, thats what i would do...

jonboy
11-28-2006, 03:37 PM
If you're going to be in the sand pits, I recomend leaving the lid on for safe measure. If you choose to remove it get an airbox outerwears cover.