PDA

View Full Version : How do I change spark plug for 450R???

jav
11-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I am having trouble getting the spark plug removed. The tool in the kit does not seem to fit. Any suggestions???

jav
11-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks I will give it a try. It is very tight in there. Do you have to remove any plastic?

rooster300ex
11-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Make sure you blow all the junk that would of got down in there out, so it won't fall on the top of your piston.

jav
11-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Is it difficult to take the gas tankk and heat shield off?

450R_lover
11-25-2006, 03:33 PM
dont sweat dude... its really not difficult.. the spark plug wrench and socket that came with your atv shoud work fine. What you do is .. you take out the spark plug wire that is shoved in the hole.. this keeps the dirt out. ok.. stick the long tube peice down in the hole with the larger side downward. you may have to wiggle it around to get it down in there because its tight. make sure the socket goes aro[und the plug then.. take the wrench and manuver it over the top of the socket. turn it counter clockwise to get it off. once u break it loose with the wrench you can twist it the rest of the way out using the socket and your fingers. when its all the way loose... it should either come out with the socket or you will need to use a magnet.
Any questions.. just ask.
Later

jav
11-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks...I got it.

B450r
11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
it is pretty dificult to get the spark plug out but i did using the tools in the tool kit.....you dont have to take any of the plastics off......

DirtDevilBT
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
The next time you take your gas tank off do this:

Cut the part of the heat shield that is right over the spark plug. This is what ends up in your way when trying to use the Honda spark plug socket, both getting it in and out with the spark plug can be difficult.

Don't worry about cutting the plastic, it's not hard and wont hurt anything. I did this the second I tried to take the plug out. It's been like this for over a 100 hours. Makes things much easier. :D

11-27-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by B450r
it is pretty dificult to get the spark plug out but i did using the tools in the tool kit.....you dont have to take any of the plastics off......

huh?? how is that possible?