PDA

View Full Version : Had a mild wreck yesterday

Blue250X
11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Yesterday me and some of my freinds went riding and there is a decently big hill back where we ride, probably one of the bigger ones around here. Well, so far 3 of my freinds climbed it, one with a 300ex one with a cr250 and one with a POS 250x, and he made it so i figured i could too. Well, after kicking some of the leaves out of the way and picking my line i give her heck in 3rd gear thinking it'll be no problem. Well I just adjusted my needle about a week before this and i never really took it on a good test ride, so i just today find out its way rich and gutless almost anywhere below full throttle. So I think I can just hold it wide open the whole way up, well the first time I don't feel real confident right when I hit the hill and the front end is getting light, so i lean up and I'm hitting roots and the fourwheeler is bucking everywhere and it gets kicked sideways in the middle of the hill and there is about 5 guys holding it from rolling, and we ease it down the hill and I'm pretty full of adrenalin (sp?) right then so I said one of the stupidest things all day... "ROUND TWO!!" Well, I get lined up for "round two" and I hit the hill, same line and the same thing happens, but this time it bucked and it didnt kick sideways it just died, and i have no rear brakes because my caliper is screwed up so I lock the front brakes, and that doesnt do anything, I start sliding backwards while still on the quad and it doesnt kick in very fast that im going down a hill backwards about 25 mph, so i jump off and i fall like straight down and something on the fourwheeler gets cought in my back pocket, so its dragging me down this hill, and finally it just tears like my whole left side of my pants off and it starts to roll...right into a tree. We get it back on all four wheels and accidently point it down hill (its still in 3rd gear) and it starts goin and pop starts itself! haha, that was enough to make us all laugh pretty hard, but the only real damage was the handlebars slid back, and the steering stem bent and cracked. So we take the stem to my freinds neighbor and he bends it back and welds it up and puts a pipe around it and welds that on. Its good as new. Sorry, but i dont have any pics. But everything is ok and i ended up riding again that same day, but i wasnt man enough for round 3. sorry about the long post

orca0294
11-25-2006, 01:46 PM
first wreck? good thing you didn't have rear brakes or it most likely would have came back on you if your going backwards

Blue250X
11-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by orca0294
first wreck? good thing you didn't have rear brakes or it most likely would have came back on you if your going backwards

first wreck on this fourwheeler...back brakes woulda probably helped because i could have hit them right when i stopped and not when i started rolling..but oh well, too late now

ZeroLogic
11-25-2006, 09:08 PM
You don't even want to think about rear brakes it your hill climbing. Even if you come to a dead stop, your tires will slide and loose traction then flip over.

CDCHONDAS
11-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I did something incredibly similar in a CJ7 jeep with no brakes

Blue250X
11-25-2006, 09:16 PM
haha^^^...well, I think either way brakes or no brakes i was screwed...there was like 6 inches of leaves on the hill...but its all good now, the 250 is back to new

PolarisRider
11-26-2006, 08:18 PM
hahah, all i remeber is you saying "round 2!"