PDA

View Full Version : trx250r vs banshee

sim664
11-25-2006, 12:11 PM
i would like to know
what is the best atv betwen banshee and the trx 250r ?
top speed and acceleration what is the best ?

(sorry for my english im french canadian :cool: )

christophere251
11-25-2006, 04:24 PM
mod for mod the banshee! If u want something that fun to ride fast and handles great, That is also a whole lot easier to work on and cheaper in parts get the trx250r!

clutch22
11-25-2006, 04:28 PM
I like the 250R's ... they are by far one of the funnest quads to ride.... and the 250R's run cooler than banshee's... I know a guy who had two banshees , and would allways blow the engines in them.

deathman53
11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I say, honda 250r, they outhandle a banshee by far, the banshee will take it on a straight run, but in the turns, whoops, and rough stuff a 250r is the king.

kwatts400
11-25-2006, 08:47 PM
I've seen some 330r's eat modded Banshees in a straight line plus they handle way better.

loboboy
11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
HHHMMMMM!!!!!!! Well if a Honda 250R handles better and the Banshee runs faster, then why not put them both together and see how it goes. LOL

Just kidding, go the way I ddi and build (or buy in my case) an Outlaw Banshee that uses 250R Suspension Geometry and a Banshee Motor. this truely is the best of both worlds IMO.

wilkin250r
11-26-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by loboboy
HHHMMMMM!!!!!!! Well if a Honda 250R handles better and the Banshee runs faster, then why not put them both together and see how it goes. LOL

Just kidding, go the way I ddi and build (or buy in my case) an Outlaw Banshee that uses 250R Suspension Geometry and a Banshee Motor. this truely is the best of both worlds IMO.

I'm not too keen on the outlaw banshees. They use the banshee plastics, which uses the same handlebar/seat/footpeg location as the banshee. They might use the suspension components of the 250r, but that's only half of the "handling characteristics" of a quad. The other half is the rider position and the relationships between his seat, bars, and footpegs.

Next time you're out, look at banshee riders when they are idling around. All other riders are slouched forward, almost in attack position, but not banshee riders. Banshee riders sit straight as a pole, like they have a corncob up their butt. That's because the handlebars are too far back, and the footpegs are too far foward.

11-26-2006, 06:38 AM
they are slouched forward because its about to take off :D

really tho i have a 310R and a fully ported banshee.....i love them both!

loboboy
11-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm not too keen on the outlaw banshees. They use the banshee plastics, which uses the same handlebar/seat/footpeg location as the banshee. They might use the suspension components of the 250r, but that's only half of the "handling characteristics" of a quad. The other half is the rider position and the relationships between his seat, bars, and footpegs.

Next time you're out, look at banshee riders when they are idling around. All other riders are slouched forward, almost in attack position, but not banshee riders. Banshee riders sit straight as a pole, like they have a corncob up their butt. That's because the handlebars are too far back, and the footpegs are too far foward.

Whatever dude. Just FYI the foot peg locations are not the same as a stock Banshee, you need to educate yourself before opening your Pie Hole.

the Footpeg location on my bike is the same as a 250R. Granted it uses Banshee plastics and motor but that is it; period. Everything else is 250R. The actual lower frames rails on my frame are made in the Honda jig then they build the upper portion of the frame to match the Banshee Plastics. The bar location may not be the same as a 250R but those positions can be easily changed for each riders preference, so I really don't know where you are getting your info.

Have you ever ridden an Outlaw Banshee? Probably not! They are an aquired taste of a bike and not too many people like Banshee engines for MX.

ChvyCruzen
11-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Dumb question - what is so good about the 250R suspension geometry? Why didn't Honda continue to use it on the newer quads like the 400EX and 450R? I've heard that the 450R is supposed to have 250R geometry, but I'm not sure.

Sorry for the thread drift.

christophere251
11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
the ex and 450r both have frame geometry that is SIMILAR to the 250r. The 400ex and 250r stock for stock handle about the same. The ex has a taller frame so it feels as if its a little bit tippyer than the 250r but its really not. Its all rider preference between the three. They can all handle great!

GPracer2500
11-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by loboboy
Whatever dude...

If you want to provide details about Outlaw Banshees, that's fine--good even. But, why make yourself look like an A-hole in the process? There's no reason to get defensive just because someone has a different feeling about what you ride.