PDA

View Full Version : How to make a Shorty Exhaust

Kaleigh
11-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone.. I was wondering if anyone know how to make a shorty pipe.. I have a Procurcuit T4 and would like to make a shorty out of it.. any advice would help..

2004exrider
11-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Its pretty simple if you have the necessary tools. Just remove the end cap first, next remove as much length of the pipe needed (a bansaw or hand saw will work fine), re-tap the holes for the end cap and put back on. My buddy did it to his HMF and it looks pretty good, he took 6" off it but really can't notice any power difference.

Jimmy

250exkid
11-26-2006, 07:34 AM
u should use a cheaper pipe

Kaleigh
11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I was going to do it with my stock exhaust but I like how quiet it is.. the T4 will only be used on special ocassions:D

11-27-2006, 07:29 AM
The stocker made into a shorty is loud as no muffler. The shorty will be over 100dbs.

11-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
Its pretty simple if you have the necessary tools. Just remove the end cap first, next remove as much length of the pipe needed (a bansaw or hand saw will work fine), re-tap the holes for the end cap and put back on. My buddy did it to his HMF and it looks pretty good, he took 6" off it but really can't notice any power difference.

Jimmy

You have to cut the core down too.

11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider

Jimmy

how do you re tap the holes for the end cap???:devil: :devil:

prepracing
11-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by pimpster
how do you re tap the holes for the end cap???:devil: :devil:

with a tap.........or just pop rivet end cap back on

Kaleigh
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
thanks for the help everyone.. Im pretty sure I can do this now.. I just didnt want to start hacking away at my PC pipe and have it not done right..

mojavedude
11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
i think theres a thread in the how to thing about this

Kaleigh
11-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by mojavedude
i think theres a thread in the how to thing about this

you're a lilttle late there bud:macho :D

and I have done searches.. but gave up.. and can people stop just saying there is post out there. of course there are.. it would be more helpfull if you posted the link..

thanks