PDA

View Full Version : 250r frame

flying dutchman
11-25-2006, 10:16 AM
i was wondering about what kind of steel they used to build the stock 250r frames?

i want te get it welded but i need to know what kind of steel it is to decide what welding rods to use in my tig welder

is it just normal steel
or chromoly or some other kind of steel?

and i have and extra question.
i wanne put pro peg nerfbars on my quad.
so i need to put tubes where my footrests are.

now my question was what diameter of tube do i have to use?
and how thick does the wall of those tubes has to be?

im just gonna have them welded to my frame since im welding my frame at more places

in my manual i read that you need a special tool to pull the bearing out of the balancer bearing holder.
but i dont have this tool.
so now i am wondering how do you guys get that bearing out if you dont have that special device?

greetzz

Pappy
11-25-2006, 10:20 AM
its made of mild steel

C-LEIGH RACING
11-26-2006, 03:48 PM
The counter balancer bearing in the carrier is sealed on the back side & if you fill the hole with greese & then take a piece of rod allmost the same size as the hole, insert the rod in the hole & whrap it on the end with a rubber mallot, the greese presure will force the bearing out.
You may have to refill the hole with greese & whrap it a few times before the bearing comes completely out.

Be sure to lay the carrier on something that will give a little like thick cardboard so it wont mess up the bolt holes on the other side.

Those Pro Peg, you can buy them to fit & bolt up to your model of frame, no need to weld a tube into place.
Neil

flying dutchman
11-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
The counter balancer bearing in the carrier is sealed on the back side & if you fill the hole with greese & then take a piece of rod allmost the same size as the hole, insert the rod in the hole & whrap it on the end with a rubber mallot, the greese presure will force the bearing out.
You may have to refill the hole with greese & whrap it a few times before the bearing comes completely out.

Be sure to lay the carrier on something that will give a little like thick cardboard so it wont mess up the bolt holes on the other side.

Those Pro Peg, you can buy them to fit & bolt up to your model of frame, no need to weld a tube into place.
Neil

thanks neil you have helped me out a lot
i got the bearing out.

but to get back on the pro pegs
i know you can buy them from AC or an other company
but the previous owner did a lot of hack and slash work on my frame so he cut off the original footpeg mounts.

and now welding those propegs on is my only option:(

C-LEIGH RACING
11-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Your probably going to have to call AC Racing & see what size tube you will need.
I have Pro Pegs on both my Rs, but they have the tube mounting kit made for the frame & that size tube might not be the same size as the one used for a mountless set of nurfs.
When I go to the shop today I will measure that tube & let you know the size, I'm thinking its a 3/4" though.
Neil

flying dutchman
11-29-2006, 01:10 AM
i to have a spare rear shock.
its for supermotard and it lowers the quad by 4 to 5 inches.
but i wont use it so i wanne sell it.
do you guys know what other quads will fit the 250r shock?

greetzz

Creech52
11-29-2006, 10:11 AM
you should be good with using E70 welding rod, its good for mild steel and is good for chromoly also. It is also high depostion. For the tubes I would go with a .120 wall in mild steel, and you can go thinner with chromoly, but make sure its normalized chromoly. I would just get the pro-pegs then see what size tubing you need from there, or talk to pappy he does pro-peg mounts on R frames and could probably set you up with the info you need.