PDA

View Full Version : Oregon/SW Washington Poker Run

chad400ex
09-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey all you Pacific Northwest Riders.... there is a Poker Run at Jones Creek (Washington) this Sunday, the 15th. It costs $15 to enter, and there is a 20 mile easy course or a 40 mile hard course. Both are open to ATV's. If you ride the hard course, there is a gas truck that you can leave a gas can on, but you have to be there by 8:30 for that. The first quad takes off at 9:30a.m. I've got more info if anyone is interested. I'll be there around 7:45 or 8:00 in the morning. It will be a good time, and they raffle off a bunch of prizes at the end. It is put on by the Jones Creek Trail Riders. They've got a web page, just do a search for it, and you should be able to find a flyer for the 2002 Rock and Roll Poker Run. It has very detailed directions on how to get there. If you're coming, bring a lawn chair and some cold refreshments for the raffles at the end, because it takes about an hour to give trophies out and all the prizes.

FullBore52
09-13-2002, 11:08 PM
I originally planned on going....but races and parts have changed....I'm 4 inches wider and about 10 inches lower now...lol

Porkchop
09-13-2002, 11:17 PM
I wanna go!! but cant... damn shocks :rolleyes:

chad400ex
09-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Well...hopefully some more local people will see this thread. I'd like to see a bunch of quads out there. It's really fun watching the 2-wheelers dump their bikes going up the hills (that are mostly loose rocks). They get all pi$$ed off and tell the quad riders (that would be us) to give it a shot. Those guys are really cheesed off when they see how easily we make it to the top. Plus it's fun to give them a little roost when you pass them.

Too bad the trails are pretty narrow. A quad that's any wider than stock would be pushing the limits in some of the tight spots, but my 400ex makes it just fine. Put on the 14 tooth sprocket, so that I can pass the dirt bikes on 2 wheels :D :D :D

Woodsrider
09-14-2002, 09:52 AM
As of 8:30 saturday morning I am planning on going. My riding buddies are all taking there bikes I think. Might be one other quad. not sure what mat is riding yet. It is a long drive for me, I think 3.5 hours. Hope to see you there, I am on a red 99 400 with NGK stickers on the side panels.

chad400ex
09-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Cool, I'm on a Red '02 400ex. It's hard to miss, I've got a black seat cover (not the red/pink one), a PRM front bumper, and a Yoshi Pipe (you should be able to hear me...I'm at about 97 dB). I'll be there with a guy on a black/white raptor, and possibly a guy on a Cannibal.

Woodsrider
09-14-2002, 12:47 PM
And a shiny new trailtech from thump racing:D
Thanks Leo

The bike looks like this\/ unless you see me in the morning before the ride. then it will be clean;)

chad400ex
09-16-2002, 08:19 AM
Had a good time riding with you yesterday Soggyrider. Just send me your address, and I'll put that seat cover in the mail tomorrow. I think I'll use those gift certificates to get new grips after my not-so-gracefull dismount yesterday. Later,

Chad

chadhamel@earthlink.net

Woodsrider
09-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Boy, I got hammered yesterday. Didn't get home 'till 10 last night.
We went through five 18packs of Icehouse between the four of us in our group:eek:

I hope we didn't make too much of a scene, I seem to recall making a few loud comments that got everyones attention during the raffle drawings:D I don't think the guy in the blue shorts will ever wear them again in public.
And why did every one seem to be looking at me when I was walking back from the truck with nine more beers? We only drank one 18 pack while they were raffling stuff off:huh

Everyone had a great time and liked the ride, but we all thought there was too much time on the service roads. You guys got some sharp rocks too. I am going to take that tire off and put a patch on the inside over the three plugs it took to close the hole.

I'm glad to here you didn't damage anything more than just your grips. and a new memory in your plastic;)