PDA

View Full Version : Can this be fixed? Please Help

cody_2327
11-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Ok. i have a gytr pipe and where the canister connects to the pipe at the end towards the motor (its just a slip on) all the bolts came out and it fell apart. Also the little piece inside is broke to, i would just like to kno if u could weld this or wat thanks in advance for any help. Also wat would it take to fix it.

Here's a picture to help show where it fell apart at

Mc. Muffin
11-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey thats Jasons YFZ:p well old YFZ (sold it)

Ride1Rob
11-25-2006, 05:32 PM
My old GYT-R pipes came apart there also... BOTH OF THEM! There's no need to try and fix b/c it's going to keep coming apart :ermm:

mic 902
11-27-2006, 02:04 AM
You could just use pop-rivets instead of bolts... they wont come out. The just re-pack it. Then when you do eventually want to re-pack it in the futur just dril out the rivets. :D

Ride1Rob
11-27-2006, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by mic 902
You could just use pop-rivets instead of bolts... they wont come out. The just re-pack it. Then when you do eventually want to re-pack it in the futur just dril out the rivets. :D

STILL WON'T WORK! I tried that too :rolleyes: . By the time I was done with the cannister it was a shorty and still kept coming apart.

jshtex
11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I would buy a new pipe and keep a close eye on the packing. In my experience this kind of stuff happens after the packing is gone. I have two pipes like that in my garage now, one GYTR and one Big Gun.......

b2sandshee
11-28-2006, 08:50 PM
weld that some b*tch. it wont come apart them. may look bad but it works. haha