PDA

View Full Version : My Carpe Diem 3 review

N300exJ
11-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Big dissapointment one and two are way better. 3 is very boring and the music is okay at best. Better to borrow from someone or download it somewhere online for free. Not worth paying for.

WheelieMan4
11-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I thought it was sweet...but I haven't seen the first two...??

Warnerade
11-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by N300exJ
Big dissapointment one and two are way better. 3 is very boring and the music is okay at best. Better to borrow from someone or download it somewhere online for free. Not worth paying for. And my review on you is you really have no taste at all in whats good. Its by far the best quad video out, I have yet to see Fallout 2 yet though.

N300exJ
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Fallout 2 is the best quad movie ive watched in the last 6 years.

tamehart
11-25-2006, 08:22 AM
I disagree very much. I will post a full review tomorrow evening.

AtvMxRider
11-25-2006, 04:15 PM
does it have the option like in 2 that you can have the quad sounds rather than the music?

MXRACER86
11-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
does it have the option like in 2 that you can have the quad sounds rather than the music?

i hope so, that was the coolest feature!

AtvMxRider
11-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
i hope so, that was the coolest feature!

Yes it was:macho

bigbadbubba
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
witch one did u have that feature in?

AtvMxRider
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
witch one did u have that feature in?

Carpe Diem 2

MXRACER118
11-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by N300exJ
Fallout 2 is the best quad movie ive watched in the last 6 years.

Sounds like you may be a little bias against Carpe diem 3, do you work for Akraix? :rolleyes: :huh

I'd rather wait for the review by a trusted source like tamehart than take your word. I haven't seen it yet (mine is on order!) But I have heard nothing but good things about it, I can't wait to get mine!!

AtvMxRider
11-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER118
Sounds like you may be a little bias against Carpe diem 3, do you work for Akraix? :rolleyes: :huh

I'd rather wait for the review by a trusted source like tamehart than take your word. I haven't seen it yet (mine is on order!) But I have heard nothing but good things about it, I can't wait to get mine!!

Mine will be here monday I will let you guys know

JRP
11-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Mine will be here monday I will let you guys know

hey jerry once you watch it, pm me for my address and send it my way! haha

AtvMxRider
11-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JRP
hey jerry once you watch it, pm me for my address and send it my way! haha

HA HA HA:ermm:

JRP
11-25-2006, 07:50 PM
lol, guess thats a no. Hey jerry, how was the race today? Do you know who won the C, B, and A class? Thanks

fandl450r
11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Personally I've seen both and the music selection in the Fallout 2 was much more to my liking. I just thought a lot of the transitions, and editing in the Fallout 2 were much cleaner and seem to flow awesome. No they do not have the option to have live sounds like CD2. Don't get me wrong CD3 was a good movie, CD2 was better than the 3rd but FO2 owns them both. Guess we will see if H9 can keep up. :)

N300exJ
11-26-2006, 05:40 AM
^^^i feel the same way^^^

Carpe diem 2 is awesome. The best one out of the three. Ill have huevos 9 in my hands sometime this week. See if it can beat fallout 2. Its gonna take alot to do that.

AtvMxRider
11-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by JRP
lol, guess thats a no. Hey jerry, how was the race today? Do you know who won the C, B, and A class? Thanks

Not to many guys showed up. I only watched the 1st motos of A and vet class and then left. Eddie Edmondson won the 1st A race and Josh Edwards the vet

AtvMxRider
11-27-2006, 04:46 PM

I haven't watched carpe diem 3 yet but I am 3/4's of the way thru fallout 2 and it is not that good. I was not impressed with it at all.

Bullitt
11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
I thought 2 was horrible, if that the case 3 must suck *****.

DVS_Freestyler
11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
cant please em all :huh

gibson400ex
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
ill take akraix 2 The Fallout over carpe diem 3

dans so funny...haha

he came to our track with jon chandler and filmed

and some of our parts are in there

MXRACER118
11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullitt
I thought 2 was horrible, if that the case 3 must suck *****.

Different strokes for different folks. In other words, everyone likes something different. You may hate Fallout but love Carpe Diem and vice-versa.

I think it's funny when people say "I like such and such movie, especially the part when they filmed with me at my house." That's not bias at all. :rolleyes:

I saw Fallout 2, it was pretty good. Should have Carpe Diem 3 tomorrow :D

Warnerade
11-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
ill take akraix 2 The Fallout over carpe diem 3

dans so funny...haha

he came to our track with jon chandler and filmed

and some of our parts are in there If you could, please explain why you would take fallout 2 over CD3? Wiat, wait..I know...is it becuase they filmed at your house?

Dan_Guetter
11-27-2006, 07:44 PM
oh man, Fallout 2 is waaaay better.

Wait, wait i am bias.....

give me a break

Warnerade
11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
here ya go

http://www.spiceplace.com/images/kit_kat_bar_sm.gif

Dan_Guetter
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
lol

:blah:

Warnerade
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
just trying to deliver and do my part as a member who brings nothing to the table.

Dan_Guetter
11-27-2006, 08:27 PM
ok

Bullitt
11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Different strokes for different folks. In other words, everyone likes something different. You may hate Fallout but love Carpe Diem and vice-versa.

I think it's funny when people say "I like such and such movie, especially the part when they filmed with me at my house." That's not bias at all. :rolleyes:

I saw Fallout 2, it was pretty good. Should have Carpe Diem 3 tomorrow :D

I totally agree, it just sucks when you dish out good money to see something great and end up with something that really isn't.
Again just my opinion.

Dan_Guetter
11-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullitt
I totally agree, it just sucks when you dish out good money to see something great and end up with something that really isn't.
Again just my opinion.

We'll since we're on the subject.

Our first dvd wasn't the greatest, but yet it had good content...and we knew while we were editing that something different had to be done. So we got the attention of some great movie producers and did a co-op for fallout 2. If we used the same camera (XL2) as we did in our last vid, it would be crap. We can't get our point across with that camera. We were even thinking about using all film cameras, ect. Something new has to be done to each DVD. We have a new game plan for Fallout 3 that will make it better than 2. We changed it up because we want the viewer to have an appreciation for the new dvd and get there money worth. Hopefully this makes sense.

Bullitt
11-27-2006, 10:04 PM
That's kinda-sorta what I mean in a ways. When I watch a video like that. I want to see stuff never done before,that's what keeps it exciting. No Offenses to anyone but Carpe Diem 1 and 2 etc. aren't anything special as far as being different. They are good but as far as doing something I can't they don't really succeed. Whereas something like The Fallout or the Heuvos videos do. I'm not trying to say everyone sucks but me and Akraix, just that if your going to make it video doesn't it make sense to step it up a notch and do something different. To me Carpe Diem was like watching one of my crappy home movies.

fandl450r
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Like others have said in this thread, to each his own. I've seen quite a number and own quite a number of quad DVD's. Each company has their own style of editing, but I think people are missing whats important. Without companies like Akraix, H-Bomb, or Premis we wouldn't have any of these dvd's. It's all personal opinion on which is better and why, we could fil 10 pages with just opinions. But remember what's important, these guys are constantly pushing the limit, and always put on a damn good flick. So quit ya yapping, buy them all, and sit down for a night of entertainment. :)

MXRACER118
11-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Like others have said in this thread, to each his own. I've seen quite a number and own quite a number of quad DVD's. Each company has their own style of editing, but I think people are missing whats important. Without companies like Akraix, H-Bomb, or Premis we wouldn't have any of these dvd's. It's all personal opinion on which is better and why, we could fil 10 pages with just opinions. But remember what's important, these guys are constantly pushing the limit, and always put on a damn good flick. So quit ya yapping, buy them all, and sit down for a night of entertainment. :)

AMEN!! I couldn't of said it better myself! The important thing is to support the companies that support our sport!

DVS_Freestyler
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
sounds good to me brother!

AtvMxRider
11-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r

I agree totally. I never said I didn't like fallout 2 hell after I watch it 15 or 20 times:devil: I will probably love it.

gibson400ex
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
i dont like akraix more just because they filmed us

and it wasnt out my house either

i think akraix had a better choice of music, editing was awesome and just did an overall better job on making the movie

Ralph
11-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I personaly liked H-8 more than Fallout 2. Dont get me wrong. I liked Fallout 2, but i dont like the idea of ATV's and Dirtbikes in the same movie. It just makes the atv's look bad(Not worse, but not as fancy). If i watch it with people who arent 100% familiar with atv/db scene the most reactions that come out of them is from the Dirtbikes. I like dirtbikes too but i buy a ATV movie to see quads and get pumped about quads..

Secondly. We all have our inside jokes, and hell they are freaking hilarious among OUR friends! The only problem is that inside jokes arent always as funny in the outsiders eyes. I personaly didnt find most of the random scense amusing. Im sure it was quite funny for anyone there knowing whats going on. But 99% of the people wasnt there soo.. thats the other thing i didnt really like.

Besides that I thought "Fallout 2" had great footage, good editing and the music was ok. But thats more of a personal preference(There were some kick *** songs, just some didnt hit it off with me). Cant wait to see Fallout 3. I love seing new company evolve and grow.

Now i need to go get my hands on Carpe Diem 2 and 3!

Fornax_Clothing
11-29-2006, 01:25 AM
i'll give you the copy they gave me for winning that contest if ya' want :)

N300exJ
11-29-2006, 03:22 AM
The best huevos video is 7. followed by 4, 6, 5 than maybe 8.