PDA

View Full Version : sick dog

Kickstarts-suck
11-24-2006, 08:16 PM
well i went to get my dogs and put them in the garage for the night (because its like 45*) and my pit bull seemed fine until I got him in the garage. He looks bad and didnt jump around like normal, so i got my mom to take a look at him(shes a nurse) and he isn't breathing to good right now and she doesn't think hes going to live to much longer.

He was dumped down my road one day and i was riding my 250x down the road and saw him so i started petting him and got him to follow me back home so i ended up keeping him. We took him to the vet and they said he had heart worms and ring worms so i paid for the medison and got rid of the ring worms (the heart worm treatment was $500+ ) So im guessing his heart worms are getting to his lungs and messing him up.:( I really love him he is a great dog, I wish he was ok.
BTW hes 3 years old.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3202/dscf0005kf7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/772/dscf0068tg0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

miller821
11-24-2006, 08:18 PM
About how old is he?

Kickstarts-suck
11-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
About how old is he?
hes 3 years old

just added that to my 1st post

miller821
11-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Dang, 3 years old is pretty young. Have you been giving him monthly heartworm medicine?

I'd just say take him to vet and see if they can get rid of it any other way... Sorry to here though man.

Kickstarts-suck
11-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Dang, 3 years old is pretty young. Have you been giving him monthly heartworm medicine?

I'd just say take him to vet and see if they can get rid of it any other way... Sorry to here though man.

no they told me i needed to get the $500 treatment before i put him on the monthly medicine

if he makes it through the night im going to take him to the vet :ermm:

id rather take care of my dog then go to my friends party tomorrow.

Mxjunkie
11-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I'd deff look into the heartworm treatment even if you have to take out a small loan to pay for it.. you can allways get a job to cover it :)

I had heartworm medicine around here somewhere because we use to breed dobermans but I cant seem to find it

Kickstarts-suck
11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I'd deff look into the heartworm treatment even if you have to take out a small loan to pay for it.. you can allways get a job to cover it :)

I had heartworm medicine around here somewhere because we use to breed dobermans but I cant seem to find it

i had a German shepherd that had heart worms and we got the treatment and everything and he ended up dieing from the treatment, so i think it might be a waste of money if hes this bad off already.

I have alot of thinking to do so ill put that in also.

Mean250r
11-24-2006, 09:18 PM
man that sucks. let us know how he makes out

Mxjunkie
11-24-2006, 09:22 PM
See if you can put the dog on Heart Guard, It's pretty cheap per month and it helps the dog's out a lot :)

NPelletier
11-24-2006, 09:52 PM
yah man, do the best you can to try and save the dog, ide rather spend the money and know that i tried to save my pet then not soend the money and have him die knowing i could have tried to save him :ermm: so yeah man, do what u tihnk is right and let us know...

weve had our dog gordon for about 11 or 12 years, hes a choc. lab, hes starting to get signs of his age, hes looking really old, hes stiff, has problems walking sum times, but he plays with our other dog, Mia, jumping around, wrestling, all that stuff and seems fine, so idk what the dela is with him:rolleyes:

Kickstarts-suck
11-27-2006, 07:16 PM
well we took him to the vet today( i know i had to put him to sleep) and they said yes it was the heart worms. It was the hardest thing ive ever done and i miss him so much already.

Rip Buster

him when he was sick

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2641/dscf0001ii7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6610/dscf0004gc8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ridered11
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM
wow sorry to hear that man, from the looks of him though he looks like he was ready to go, you already gave him a better life than he had

rip

i hate losing pets

ECATV Raptor
11-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Looks like a really cool dog.:ermm:

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 07:29 PM
is he losing any weight he could have parva (sp) my girlfriends dog had it and she said he was bad off sounds like the same thing to me

Kickstarts-suck
11-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
is he losing any weight he could have parva (sp) my girlfriends dog had it and she said he was bad off sounds like the same thing to me

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
well we took him to the vet today( i know i had to put him to sleep) and they said yes it was the heart worms. It was the hardest thing ive ever done and i miss him so much already.

Rip Buster

Mc. Muffin
11-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear that...

I also had a dog die of heart worms:( sad sad day

JJs450r
11-27-2006, 08:36 PM

o sorry sorry to hear about that you can have one of our many dogs :-p

Kickstarts-suck
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
o sorry sorry to hear about that you can have one of our many dogs :-p

i have 2 other dogs 1 poodle(moms) and my yellow lab

im thinking about getting a pit bull puppy for X-mas but im not sure if i want to take care of another dog for 13 years

and i don't want to replace my buster :(

RidinRed420
11-28-2006, 07:23 AM
i have 2 other dogs 1 poodle(moms) and my yellow lab

im thinking about getting a pit bull puppy for X-mas but im not sure if i want to take care of another dog for 13 years

and i don't want to replace my buster :(

I'm sorry for your loss.. :( He was really cute! I don't know what I'll do when the time comes for my baby. If you are seriously considering getting another pit bull, you should really look into adopting one. They are amazing dogs. Very loyal and loving. They fill the shelters quick though, because they have a bad rep and no one will adopt them. Then they end up getting put to sleep - just because of their breed.

I'd love to have a pitt, but Boston law says you must muzzle your pit bull at all times.. And I refuse to muzzle my dog. So I got a rottwieler instead, hes 2 1/2 years. Once I'm done with school and move out of the city, I plan on adopting a few pit bulls..

Kickstarts-suck
11-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by RidinRed420
I'm sorry for your loss.. :( He was really cute! I don't know what I'll do when the time comes for my baby. If you are seriously considering getting another pit bull, you should really look into adopting one. They are amazing dogs. Very loyal and loving. They fill the shelters quick though, because they have a bad rep and no one will adopt them. Then they end up getting put to sleep - just because of their breed.

I'd love to have a pitt, but Boston law says you must muzzle your pit bull at all times.. And I refuse to muzzle my dog. So I got a rottwieler instead, hes 2 1/2 years. Once I'm done with school and move out of the city, I plan on adopting a few pit bulls..

My yellow lab is so sad now that hes gone. She sits by the gate looking for him to come back.

I might go to the pound today and look at some dogs

Buster was my 1st Pit bull and he was the best dog. So thats why i want another pit

Chino886
11-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Molly is sad too!:(

RIP Buster!

Kickstarts-suck
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Molly is sad too!:(

RIP Buster!

what kind of dog is that?

does she shed?

Chino886
11-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Molly is a Weimerainer (SP????)! She has very short hair and does not shed (if so, very little, only noticeable on white and it looks like eye brows). She is the best dog, when my girlfriend and I were looking for a dog, we never considered a weim, but now that we have her, we would not have anything else, except maybe an American Bulldog.

Weims have lots of personality, they are very people pleasing, not just friendly, but pleasing. She wants to make sure you are happy all the time! They need lots of attention so they are not a throw in the backyard dog! I think ours eats better than I do....LOL! She loves to sleep in our bed with us.

Any other questions, just ask. I have referred other to weims and this other couple now has 2.

If you get one, try to find a "blue" female, they are rare. That is the color Molly is, "blue". They are also known as the grey ghost!

Mean250r
11-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Molly is a Weimerainer (SP????)! She has very short hair and does not shed (if so, very little, only noticeable on white and it looks like eye brows). She is the best dog, when my girlfriend and I were looking for a dog, we never considered a weim, but now that we have her, we would not have anything else, except maybe an American Bulldog.

Weims have lots of personality, they are very people pleasing, not just friendly, but pleasing. She wants to make sure you are happy all the time! They need lots of attention so they are not a throw in the backyard dog! I think ours eats better than I do....LOL! She loves to sleep in our bed with us.

Any other questions, just ask. I have referred other to weims and this other couple now has 2.

If you get one, try to find a "blue" female, they are rare. That is the color Molly is, "blue". They are also known as the grey ghost!

weimeriner eh? i have its cousin for a pet. a vizsla!

Chino886
11-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
weimeriner eh? i have its cousin for a pet. a vizsla!

Yup, you have the brown ghost.....LOL!

Chino886
11-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Same guilty look I see........LOL!

Chino886
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
She is so bashful! ;)

400ex is money$
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
my dog is sad to